Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    I have a question, I hit 48% haste raid buffed so i figured I'd check simcraft and it basically told me to go full mastery instead. The problem is, simcrat + mr robot told me to go to like 5k haste or something and then mastery but i've ignored it and went for the 9522 haste breakpoint. It just doesn't seem right to me to not even reach the 9522 breakpoint so I just did it my own way to hit the break point then full mastery onwards.

Am i wrong?
    Your gear kind of wrong; half of your gears are fire mage gear and half are frost. Do you happen to have any pieces out of Tier gear? You don't want all 5 Tier gear for frost mage. You are right about 9522 break points. According to chart on 1st page, that's mastery build. However you should try to get some off set pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yphanh2002 View Post
    Your gear kind of wrong; half of your gears are fire mage gear and half are frost. Do you happen to have any pieces out of Tier gear? You don't want all 5 Tier gear for frost mage. You are right about 9522 break points. According to chart on 1st page, that's mastery build. However you should try to get some off set pieces.
    This is the only gear I've been able to get so far sadly. I've started to raid with a new guild this wednesday coming so hopefully I can get some good offpieces. However I will be going fire as soon as I can.

Deleted
    Sorry , could u delete this post please , i just noticed that Akraen replied to me, sorry.
    Last edited by mmocc3b531da29; 2014-02-23 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    got finally my legendary cape!! but still no immserseus trinket -.-
    we are going to start hc's soon which spec should i use mixture mastery build? or full haste?
    thats my armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Chayo/advanced

accepting every advise (10 man raiding)
    Last edited by mmoc7d26d2f8d8; 2014-02-24 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chayo View Post
    got finally my legendary cape!! but still no immserseus trinket -.-
    we are going to start hc's soon which spec should i use mixture mastery build? or full haste?
    thats my armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Chayo/advanced

accepting every advise (10 man raiding)
    I would say haste to 14242, rest in mastery. It's also what Akraen is doing himself.

So you should lose around 2k haste.

Hello all, long time lurker - first time poster. Two questions:

1. If skill level, latency, etc was taken out of the equation - is the full haste build more DPS on average?
    2. In every build - it seems Crit rating is always last. In many other guides (Icyveins etc) it says that getting to 23% unbuffed crit (100% crit chance on bosses for frozen) is very important for frost. So my question is where does 23% crit fall into the order of importance - it doesn't make mention of it on the front page.

Thanks!

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. RNG and gear dependant. Getting procs at opportune times, haste will probably win by a tiny margin; otherwise mastery is a bit more stable. At higher gear levels, the distinction breaks down, and you suddenly end up with 15k haste and 20k mastery raid buffed, and you start getting the best of both worlds.

2. There was a period early this expansion where 23% fully buffed was the ideal goal, and you went for that above mastery, but crit usually just shows up. Being crit capped isn't important this expansion. Just as long as you have enough to stabilize your DPS, not getting a quarter of your opening procs to not crit and things like that. Being fully crit capped is always below mastery and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    1. RNG and gear dependant. Getting procs at opportune times, haste will probably win by a tiny margin; otherwise mastery is a bit more stable. At higher gear levels, the distinction breaks down, and you suddenly end up with 15k haste and 20k mastery raid buffed, and you start getting the best of both worlds.

2. There was a period early this expansion where 23% fully buffed was the ideal goal, and you went for that above mastery, but crit usually just shows up. Being crit capped isn't important this expansion. Just as long as you have enough to stabilize your DPS, not getting a quarter of your opening procs to not crit and things like that. Being fully crit capped is always below mastery and haste.
    Thank you!! Very helpful post Kuni!

Just want to know how much legendary cloak about boots frost mage's dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
    Just want to know how much legendary cloak about boots frost mage's dps?
    Depends on your current gear/skill. The lower your gear/skill - the greater the % increase the cloak will be :P.

When I first got it, the cloak was easily 10-20% of my damage done (sometimes more on certain aoe packs) - but nowadays its prolly more like 5-9%...(to be honest I have checked in a while)

Edit: just checked a couple of ranked logs real quick and yeah most were in the that 5-7% range

Its a solid boost no matter what
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-02-25 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    I kinda want to start putting together a Frost set, but it's looking like tonight will be our last clear up to Heroic Paragons as we'll be extending until we get them and H Garrosh down and was wondering if it'd be fine to go full haste build with my current gear setup. The only piece I really have available to swap out at the moment though is a pair of Heroic offset shoulders from Norushen and normal bracers off of Paragons and then a Heroic KTT vs. my WF BBY. As much as I like Fire, it just feels like the spec is just taking far too much micro-managing as of late(maintaining 2pc uptime is a biggest offender of this) and it feels like I could push higher numbers with Frost maybe as I've been using the spec on H Siegecrafter as we do the heavy mine strat and it just feels a lot more manageable in hectic situations like that. Armory is in my Sig, I've got a very large amount of haste on my gear, but I'm hurting in the Mastery department due to the gear being mostly hand-picked for Fire.

Edit: I think I'm just going to try it out tonight on our farm clear anyways and see how it goes.
    Last edited by mmoc10cc32555d; 2014-02-25 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzantar View Post
    I would say haste to 14242, rest in mastery. It's also what Akraen is doing himself.

So you should lose around 2k haste.
    Just to be sure, since I haven't been around for a while: That 14242 is the 50% raidbuffed haste point, right? It's not really a breakpoint insofar that hitting it changes nothing at all? Because if that is the case, undercapping it by a small bit (say, 10 or 20 points) would probably not make any difference?

Yeah it's where your gcd is 1.00 seconds, not a dot break point or anything. So yes you can reforge to a little under and it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Hi All,

Just looking for a little advice if someone is kind enough to help. My mage just hit 561ilvl and got my cloak as well, so if I'm reading everything correctly in the intial post I should be at a good point to go with a mastery build instead of haste.

I do see some stat weights were also listed and they do increase my dps when I plug them in on Mr Robot, but I also noticed that if I plugin the default stat weights for Arcane into my frost build it is even higher. Would using the Arcane weights they provide really be the most beneficial to me? Or am I possibly missing something by a close haste breakpoint or anything like that?

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/...3%a9turownfood

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

What is a good rule of thumb for clipping Living Bomb and Nether Tempest? IE: How much spell power increase. 10%? 20%? Affdots addon tracks this, so its easy enough to see the percentage...just not sure when its a DPS loss vs gain due to using a global.

Next question - when bursting, should I blood lust, icey veins, and berserk all at once? Or does that much haste end up being wasted?

What is a good rule of thumb for clipping Living Bomb and Nether Tempest? IE: How much spell power increase. 10%? 20%? Affdots addon tracks this, so its easy enough to see the percentage...just not sure when its a DPS loss vs gain due to using a global.
    Meta is the greatest contributor to the bomb damage, better aim at refreshing dot with meta up rather than pure SP procs.. I'm not sure whether you gain more from bomb damage itself or better chance of getting BF proc.
    icey veins
    It should be glyphed so it wont give haste. Otherwise yes.

so mages can solo celestials now. Item level 577

i think it goes to show how poorly designed(or tuned) the world bosses were this tier when a mage, the squishiest pure dps class with no healing or tank spec, no hybrid heals, and no actual tanking pets can solo a current content world boss. they went gradually downhill after sha for pvp bosses, and pve bosses went oondasta > galleon > ordos. both cases this tiers were the worst

solo'd chiji last night after 11 minutes and 50m healing done with abuot 100m damage done (she heals some ticks on the cast)

strat is pretty simple but requires very good reaction time and tons of gear, i was unable to do it at 570 but barely able to at 577

1. so you get a chiji buff and all the other isle buffs as a frost mage

2. use an armor elixir and haste elixir, the armor givse you 2250 armor but that givse your water elemental 6750 more armor whcih is about 7% mroe dmg reduction in my gear, i was unable to do this with an int flask on i tried 3x.

3. have water ele tank the boss and spam heals on it, you have to be within like 20 yards of it or it can die during travel time of frostbolts.

4. after the first minute or so and your water ele has built threat you can start throwing living bomb on the boss, then when it has mroe threat built and the boss starts to do special abilities, like chiji's pillar of light this was a good 15 second window for me to pop some cds and get some burst on the boss, just keeping below 129% threat

youre water ele with a chiji buff does something like 75k dps without raid buffs just solo buffs, meaning you can do 1.29x that without pulling threat, however you do get healing threat too so in reality its more like youre also able to do 75k without pulling threat so you do about 150k dps

water ele had something like 58% armor i think while tanking this and abuot 530k health while taking constant 200k heals from frostbolt, and i just barely kept it up, it dropped to like 3k health multiple times

use cds like pots or eng glovse or time warp when you think water ele is about to die since there is no berserk

if the boss gets to around 10% you can prettymuch ignore the strat and just pop every dmg cooldown youve got and go ham and finish off the last 10% in like 20 seconds

hardest part was water ele dying while having to re-evocate, its not always doable to evocate during a beam of light phase sometimes you hvae to do it in between healing
    Last edited by onemanaleft; 2014-02-27 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even on a low pop server how do you prevent someone from messing you up?

I just don't see how it's possible to be alone with a celestial.

But amazing work nonetheless, I'm very impressed with your patience and "strategery"

Quote Originally Posted by IsrafaelMage View Post
    Meta is the greatest contributor to the bomb damage, better aim at refreshing dot with meta up rather than pure SP procs.. I'm not sure whether you gain more from bomb damage itself or better chance of getting BF proc.

It should be glyphed so it wont give haste. Otherwise yes.
    Yes, I do have it glyphed. So Berserking + Bloodlust isn't waste?