Deleted

[SP] Analyse our SP's logs

We have a new good new recruit who I was wondering if you guys could pick some holes in. His AOE multi-dot damage is good but single target is lacking in relation to his gear. Whilst I do understand SP's don't have the greatest single target damage, i would like to see if it is just his class or if there's any alterations that can be made to assist him.

Any feedback/ criticism is appreciated, thanks!

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mb8dxptv7xeybe4h/
    Char armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inner/advanced

His gear definitely has a part to play with it, but looking at malkorok, his dps seems awfully low even if he's only 535.

His mind blast count is low. If he did a MB every 9.5 seconds, which is kinda bad, he would get 33 mindblasts off. He had 33 on the fight, however, he had 13 divine insight procs as well, so his mind blast count should probably be a lot more than the average of a mind blast every 9.5 seconds ish.

His MF:I is REALLY low. That is in large part due to his haste and not having DPx3, but mostly because I'm guessing he's interrupting MF:I to recast dots or having to move during DP. If he's not very optimal with that talent, he should just swap to FDCL instead.

He should run halo instead of DS unless he really needed the self healing.

His dot uptimes could be better, especially since malkorok is almost a patchwerk fight on normal.

Deleted
    Just from a quick look at some of the fights considering he's spec'ed into Divine Insight, I don't think he's using Mind Blast as much as he could be, that will impact his Devouring Plague uses which in turn effects his Mind Flay Insanity and his overall DPS.

Just to give you an example (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong here!) the Iron Juggernaut kill is 06:48 long.

So that's 408 seconds worth of that fight; Mind Blast has a 1.5 second cast time and a 8 second cool down, if I round that up to 10 seconds between them it means in the course of the fight he should have around 40 casts, and he has 31.

Now that's without the added Mind Blasts that should come from Divine Insight which are instant (if he was spec'ed into that then, he is in his armoury so I'll assume he was)

I know there is some movement in that fight depending on who the Borer Drill targets and avoiding tar and such, but I'd expect more.

I'm no expert by any means but just comparing our first kill last week, we took 20 seconds longer and I cast 18 more Mind Blasts.

He also looks a little low in terms of Haste, the general thinking at the moment is:

Hit Cap > 14873 Haste > Crit > Mastery > Haste above 14873

I hope this helps, and of course if I've got anything wrong I'm sure someone will point it out