Buying new PC please help

Howdy, I really don't know much when it comes to buying a new PC so, I thought I’d pop in and get some opinions on a PC I was looking at buying.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K Quad Core CPU, 3.5GHz, Unlocked 8MB Cache, Socket LGA1155, 22nm, up to 3.9 GHz with turbo boost.
    Video card: nVidia GeForce GTX660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI-E 3.0 Base:980 boost:1033/6008MHz, DVI / HDMI / Display Port,DX11, Fan
    RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel DDR3 PC-12800 (1600MHz) 240-pin
    Hard drive: 1TB / 1000GB SATA III 7200rpm- Going to upgrade to 2TB only $35extra
    Motherboard:
    All-in-one Intel H77 Chipset Motherboard
    * Major Big Brand! ASUS / Gigabyte / Asrock / Intel
    * No other Cheap/Unknown Brand will be used
    * Intel H77 Chipset, Not Cheaper B75/H61 or Old H67
    * Support 2nd & 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ processors
    * Intel® Rapid Start & Intel® Smart Connect Technology
    * Dual Channel DDR3
    * SATA III 6Gb/s ports & USB 3.0 ports on-board
    * 6 x SATA ports, Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
    * 15 x USB Ports (Rear 6 + Front 3 + Mid-Board 6)
    * PCI Express 3.0 (Gen.3) x16 slot
    * Multi VGA Output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI
    * Windows 8/7/Vista/XP Ready

(The motherboard in this system has the new SATA 3 6Gb/s port On-board, Connect with the latest SATA 3 Hard drive, Enjoy the Full SATA 3 Super High Speed.
    SATA 3 HDD connect to SATA II port only can get the SATA II Slow Speed)
    DD

Will this setup run games like WoW, diablo, CoD, MoH on ultra/high while running iTunes/you tube/WMP/VLC player or skype without any lag or FPS issues?

Also can some please tell me why you can get a semi decent monitor that's 24in for $200 27in for $300 but if you want 30in plus they're $600+ why such a big jump?

The build is decent, but its wrong, i dont have the time/patient to write fully now but yes, it will play everything but the build is wrong and its probably overpriced, others will explain why, dont buy it in other words.

Deleted
    Ok. this should probably be in the upgrade/help section, but that's for the mods to decide.

First off if all you are doing is gaming and having youtube or such open at the same time, an i7 is not really an efficient use of your funds and getting a K series processor with a H77 motherboard makes little sense. Also if you really want all the stuff you posted under the motherboard section (and not just copy/pasted it) you are probably better off getting a newer CPU line Haswell.

So I would say either go with a 3570k with this board
    Or
    a 4670k (this is the newer CPU) with either this or this.

This should work out cheaper and work just as well for gaming, plus it allows you to buy a better cooler and overclock at some point down the line should you choose to do so.

The GTX 660 is a little dated as well, getting the cheaper processor should allow you to step it up to a GTX 760 if you want to stick with Nvidia, but you might be better off getting one of the new cards AMD are releasing soon, the R9 270X is in that same price range I believe.

Any 8GB DDR3 1600mhz should do just fine for RAM.

I should ask as well, are you open to building the PC yourself or are you only willing to buy a pre built?
    Last edited by mmoccbc7db64cc; 2013-10-08 at 04:14 AM.

I really don't know anything about building computers, what I post above is a prebuild with optional upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

here's the eBay link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INTEL-Core-i7-3770K-35GHz-1TB-8GB-GTX660-2GB-Gaming-Computer-Quad-Desktop-PC-/290761028835#ht_16854wt_1399

Deleted
    To be honest I don't like the look of it, for one thing they are trying sell you an i7-3770k with a H77 motherboard (which is an unlocked processor for overclocking, on a motherboard that is not intended for overclocking), their add smacks of trying to take as much money as they can from people who don't know any better.

Assembling a desktop these days is fairly simple and will save you quite a bit of money over buying a prebuilt. There are some very good guides on how to do it on youtube, like this one for example.

What I suggest is you go watch one or two of them, decide if you feel up to doing it and come back. If you decide you want to build one we can give you a list of parts you need based on your budget and needs. On the other hand if you still want to just buy one I'm sure someone who knows the Australian PC market better than I do can will be able to help you there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Unlocked CPU is great, but cannot be overclocked with that board
    2) No OS
    3) Mystery power supply. Not even mentioned in the ad. I assume it's there, but probably a Raidmax or Codegen cheapie that will explode.

At that price, even for AU, wouldn't buy. There are better deals out there.

Also, moving this to Build/Upgrade subforum!
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-10-08 at 06:20 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($264.00 @ PLE Computers)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($49.00 @ Scorptec)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.10 @ PLE Computers)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($72.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($279.00 @ Scorptec)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($82.00 @ CPL Online)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($85.00 @ CPL Online)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($29.00 @ Scorptec)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($109.00 @ PCCaseGear)
    Total: $1153.10
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-08 17:25 EST+1100)

Rough build of a much better pc you could get for around the same $AU
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2013-10-08 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    One word: don't. It's a mishmash of parts which don't really gel together. Jakexe's build is better, if a little more expensive.

Thanks so much for the responses so far I honestly greatly appreciate the help. I'm going to give building the PC my self a shot, and I have budgeted for $1300 for the build, so if there's a small upgrade or two that I should make to the list jakexe provided please let me know.

Three questions: I play a lot of online poker as well will this setup be able to run 2-3 poker clients along with 4-5 other programs at the same time i.e hold'em manager, table ninja, Skype, YouTube/iTunes/WMP/VLC/DIVX player with out any problems?

I have the full version of windows 8 on my tablet and TBH I greatly prefer windows 7 that I have on my computer is there any real benefit to have windows 8 or is it mostly a cosmetic thing?

Can I run three monitors on from the list jakexe provide? If not what do I need to run three monitors?

With the extended budget you should be able to get a r9 270x, very new and a great graphics card. Although Ive yet to see Aussie pricing. The other option is to get a hd7970 ghz edition, theyve been dropping down to the 300 $ Mark for some models.

Edit:

Actually, I'm gonna take a stab here and say the 280x will be $399. Wait for that if you're willing to spend your budget, if its more than you could get the 270x and get a better motherboard or probably better for you budget in an SSD.

Sorry if that sounds confusing, I just got out of surgery and im still groggy.

As for your questions, I have no idea how much poker clients use but I dont see it being a problem and you'll be fine running 3 monitors.

As for Windows there's no reason not to get 8. It boots quicker and performs slightly better in games but yes, the metro gui is bad. Just get classic shell (or another 3rd party program) to remove metro, you never have to see it.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2013-10-08 at 09:16 AM.