Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WotLK>TBC>Cataclysm>MoP
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Deleted
    1. Wotlk
    2. TBC
    3. Cata
    4. Mop

Why? Alot of new stuff in Wotlk that was great, overall. Bringing of great content and good Heroics. Sadest part of the Wotlk experience, if you wasen't a real 'raider' like doing stuff for most of the days, the farm of Emblems of Frost was a litterly pain in the ass, if you had a new dinged alt late expansion.
    TBC, well everything was new and really excited about the game.
    Cata, was not bad, it was challenging (Before Dragon Suck) fun bosses and actually alot of stuff to do outside the raid / bgs.
    Mop, easy, easy, easy and more easy. The game has been so easy lately so it's actually making my eyes tired for even playing right now. The T14 raids was good, T15 also. But the new raid, I mean com'on, last raid tier of an expansion.. They did it again, same with Dragon Soul, it's to darn easy to even progress through it. Even during this expansion the PvP has been litterly shut down, sure it's has become alot better since the expansion came when warriors COULD not die and they all called someone a noob when they killed someone, why not play a broken class from the start om the expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    How much of MoP did you really play though? Because it is so intensely packed with lore, you can't get around it. The whole MoP story was one big coherent story that tied up a lot of loose ends and was played out rather magnificently. And no, it's not 'all about pandaren'.
    But maybe it comes down to 'I don't like Asian stuff' again.
    Except this is opinion, I LOVE Asian stuff but hated MoP's asian style (because it is very poor at capturing that essence, imo), and MoP lore is what made me stop following the lore.

Maybe you liked it, that doesn't mean it was magnificent as fact. The pandarens intrusion into the entirety of the story in pandaria (even as narrators) is childish and artificial. Lorewalker Cho being in half the raids you go into just casually walking into norushens chamber breaks all immersion in the raid as a story for me. Their presence and their lightheartedness is what kills the atmosphere, for me. I imagine there are plenty who feel similar.

I actually love pandas as a playable race and think they look fantastic, though. Maybe a little too cutesy but that is from a horde PoV where even the blood elves and goblins look a bit rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The stuff to do having vanilla dead last? I mean there's still vanilla content people have yet to complete. There was just a ridiculous degree of things to do back then because many people hit 60 before hitting EPL, Silithus, etc. Granted some of the content was added in patches, but if you ran out of things to do in Vanilla you were playing non stop and we're talking purely PVE side no pvp involved.
    There really wasn't a lot to do in Vanilla; the thing you did to kill time was farm mats for the upcoming raid session. If you weren't raiding, you were gathering mats to sell to the people who were preparing to raid so you could buy a fast mount. A lot of the PvE content had to do with grinding mobs.

I also distinctly remember hitting 60 in EPL, and that's with still having all the ridiculous group quests left to do. Silithus wasn't even done when I first hit 60 and was filled with a bunch of scorpions and worms that dropped no loot, and the worms did a knockback when they charged you so you could land in another group of scorpions and worms that punted you into another group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    There really wasn't a lot to do in Vanilla; the thing you did to kill time was farm mats for the upcoming raid session. If you weren't raiding, you were gathering mats to sell to the people who were preparing to raid so you could buy a fast mount. A lot of the PvE content had to do with grinding mobs.

I also distinctly remember hitting 60 in EPL, and that's with still having all the ridiculous group quests left to do. Silithus wasn't even done when I first hit 60 and was filled with a bunch of scorpions and worms that dropped no loot, and the worms did a knockback when they charged you so you could land in another group of scorpions and worms that punted you into another group.
    Outside of dungeons, there was little to do in the Vanilla world of Azeroth. Yes, there were plenty of undone quests when u dinged 60, but only a handful of them held any reward worth doing or led to any kind of interesting storyline. As arcaneshot said, Silithus for example wasn't even done. The majority of your time was spent running through the 50-60 dungeons, which took HOURS. Gather a party on your server, get to the instance (remembers, no queues, not flying mounts, on a pvp server people would get ganked on the way there, people ran into mobs and died, etc), then clear the instance with poorly designed abilities and insane mob density, artificially bloating the length. Both Blackrock Spire dungeons and Blackrock Depths each took hours in their own right, and were full of quests too, including parts of attunement quests to the raids. This was the main focus of PVE outside of raiding. There were no dailies, there were none of the timesinks you have now. Battlegrounds did not exist, people open worlded in Tarren Mill. Classic was awesome, but it was quite a tedious and dull grind outside of the raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK>MOP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cata

I started in WOTLK and enjoyed it the most. I still remember the days where WOTLK was the most hated thing and people couldn't wait til Cataclysm. Oh how times are changin.

I unfortunately didn't get to play much of MOP because of real life but if I did play it as much as I wanted, I would of probably enjoyed it much more from the looks of it. Played for like 3 weeks then quit, 3 weeks then quit. Now I am back however have to go afk for another 3 weeks. Makes me a sad Panda
    Last edited by Reserk; 2013-10-10 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Missed out on MOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, this poll may be a little biased.
    There might be many people who have moved on from MoP currently, and therefore are not an active part of this forum; therefore MoP is getting a higher rating than it should have.

Personally, TBC and WoTLK were far better experiences for anyone who played all of WoW. I only played MoP for 2-3 months and quit instantly due to the setting of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Challenge modes are a joke compared to the old TBC heroic 5 mans or even the Cataclysm heroic 5 mans at launch. Challenge modes are nothing more than speed runs that can be cheesed and offer no replay value after you get your gold once. The challenge should be finishing the instance, not finishing it in 10 mins.

In short; Challenge modes were a fail.
    in short you never played challenge modes and did not even got bronze. Cause everyone who did, knows that not only the speed and low ilvl cap, but also the mobs are dealing way more damage. Ridiculous to compare it to the easy hc inis of TBC. They weren't that hard after all, just required a bit of cc and sometimes kiting. No super dmg that 1 shots ppl at all, except for some very rare cases.

People in tradechat do not play it cause of its frustration levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoTLK > TBC > MoP > Cata > Vanilla

Would say it's not entirely over since there's still a minor patch left for us to experience.But rating for now.

Mop > Cata > tbc > vanilla > wotlk

The reasoning is that i love how much there is to do in MoP. I prefered cataclysms startgame. Decently challenging HCs. I really loved that, but MoP just had so much more to offer later on, that it wins.
    tBC. Mostly because i had much fun in pvp, and it felt fairly balanced for it\s time.
    Then vanilla for being new. Mighty raids of 40 mans did have some truely epic feeling, when you downed a boss after a month or more.
    Wotlk just sucked in my opinion and the pvp was the worst clusterfuck of all times. I didn't raid much in that expansion so i'm not a good judge on that.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    There might be many people who have moved on from MoP currently, and therefore are not an active part of this forum; therefore MoP is getting a higher rating than it should have.

Personally, TBC and WoTLK were far better experiences for anyone who played all of WoW. I only played MoP for 2-3 months and quit instantly due to the setting of the game.
    Oh, you speak for everyone now do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP>WoLK>Cata>TBC
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, most people that played all tend to favor MoP over the previous content. Played since Classic, think MoP is the best so far in every aspect.
    And furthermore, there are a ton of people posting and ranting on these boards that are not actively playing WoW, just look at the TBC love/hate threads and difficulty discussions. Most people with a decidedly negative opinion of MoP never played or aren't raiding in MoP, that's been my experience so far.

Deleted
    If we take Lore, New Races, New Classes, Heroics, Raids and plenty of other things into account then for me: (been playing since AQ Patch)
    MOP>BC>Vanilla-Wrath>Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't use personally and for all in the same sentence, its polar opposite.
    Secondly, you may be right about the bias, but for the same logic that if people no longer play wow, and as such dont come to this site, then they have no right to say that one expansion is better than the current one, only those who have very recently quit can claim such a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    BC and Wotlk also had 1 or 2 raids that were worse than or just as bad as Dragon Soul.
    That's a matter of opinion, but sorry ToC was not even remotely as bad as the forums chalk it up to be.

BC had nothing close to DS. Kara: loved by practically everyone. SSC/TK: engaging, challenging, good mechanics. BT: Once again not as much as kara but plenty loved it. SWP: Pinacle of raiding difficulty, but an amazing raid. The little singles in there like Mag and Gruul? If anyone hated on those it was mostly due to a lack of the ability to coordinate. Both were just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Actually, most people that played all tend to favor MoP over the previous content. Played since Classic, think MoP is the best so far in every aspect.
    And furthermore, there are a ton of people posting and ranting on these boards that are not actively playing WoW, just look at the TBC love/hate threads and difficulty discussions. Most people with a decidedly negative opinion of MoP never played or aren't raiding in MoP, that's been my experience so far.
    You don't speak for most. I could use my personal experience to say the exact opposite. I played since vanilla and I detest a good deal of MoP.

Deleted
    I think MoP is the most praised expansion at time before next expasnion launches, if my memory serves me well.
    I remeber that every other expansion was pretty much hated by everyone (especially Wrath), and people couldn't wait for it to end.
    I know there's a lot hate for MoP eswell, but not even close to scale like it was before.

TBC > MoP > Wrath > Cata

Didn't play vanilla.

I find it so funny that when someone says they hated MoP or they think most people hate MoP they get either:

Who are you to speak for everyone

or

OMG what game were you playing.

But the second you call someone out who loved it and claims everyone loves it.... booooom. Inc attacks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    LK > MoP > BC > Van > Cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I think MoP is the most praised expansion at time before next expasnion launches, if my memory serves me well.
    I remeber that every other expansion was pretty much hated by everyone (especially Wrath), and people couldn't wait for it to end.
    I know there's a lot hate for MoP eswell, but not even close to scale like it was before.
    Just wait till after a year of SoO. The hate will come.