Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Dark Shamans Healing

Hey guys

We are currently 7/14 HC 10 man and we are on Dark Shamans progression. We are doing it with 3 tanks and 2 healers(me, hpala and a disc priest).
    I have been assigned with the 2 tanks and the Earthbreaker Haromm up the hill.
    The tanks tanking Haromm are a Prot pala and Warrior.

I have been having issues with keeping us alive when the Toxic Mist is up. Here is what i tried so far and the most we got it to 50% before i either lost the tank(without debuff) or i died or i lost the tank with the debuff(not tanking):

1. I tried to spec into hand of purity and placing it when there are 6 seconds of the debuff left on me/or the tank whoever was lower
    2. Divine Light on the debuffed tank(he has beacon) and when i have 3 HP i use EF on myself or the other tank. If damage is too much i switch beacon onto me and get 3 HP and then EF on the debuffed tank.
    3. For a few tries i went for Unbreakable Spirit so i could use my Divine Protection for 10s 40% damage reduction
    4. I tried to stack with them on the boss and cast holy radiance and holy shock +EF blanket.
    5.Tried both holy avenger for an extra CD and Divine purpose hoping for good rng.

However when he starts casting the Foul Stream i will most likely have the debuff and i will be put to 5% HP and die.

We only had a few tries on it last week but this week we will be there until we kill it. So, how do you guys handle single healing the 2 tanks? Divine light spamming? Going for the Beacon Glyph and just beacon and divine light?
    My item level is currently 560 and i have the 4 set normal bonus which i can drop for 3 Heroic crit items.

Any tips are appreciated.Thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralgal View Post
    Hey guys

We are currently 7/14 HC 10 man and we are on Dark Shamans progression. We are doing it with 3 tanks and 2 healers(me, hpala and a disc priest).
    I have been assigned with the 2 tanks and the Earthbreaker Haromm up the hill.
    The tanks tanking Haromm are a Prot pala and Warrior.

I have been having issues with keeping us alive when the Toxic Mist is up. Here is what i tried so far and the most we got it to 50% before i either lost the tank(without debuff) or i died or i lost the tank with the debuff(not tanking):

1. I tried to spec into hand of purity and placing it when there are 6 seconds of the debuff left on me/or the tank whoever was lower
    2. Divine Light on the debuffed tank(he has beacon) and when i have 3 HP i use EF on myself or the other tank. If damage is too much i switch beacon onto me and get 3 HP and then EF on the debuffed tank.
    3. For a few tries i went for Unbreakable Spirit so i could use my Divine Protection for 10s 40% damage reduction
    4. I tried to stack with them on the boss and cast holy radiance and holy shock +EF blanket.
    5.Tried both holy avenger for an extra CD and Divine purpose hoping for good rng.

However when he starts casting the Foul Stream i will most likely have the debuff and i will be put to 5% HP and die.

We only had a few tries on it last week but this week we will be there until we kill it. So, how do you guys handle single healing the 2 tanks? Divine light spamming? Going for the Beacon Glyph and just beacon and divine light?
    My item level is currently 560 and i have the 4 set normal bonus which i can drop for 3 Heroic crit items.

Any tips are appreciated.Thank you!
    Can't help you directly because I went from Holy to Prot for this fight being the 3rd tank but may I ask is there a reason not to use 3 healers? It makes the fight quite trivial. Last part is quite hard because you and 1 tank always has the mist and with falling ash and possible taunt with toxic mist makes damage go up quite a lot. It would be different if tanks couldn't get the mist themselves.

3 tank 3 heal doesn't still make it go near the berserk.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly we did the same. 2 tanks and 2 healers uphill with Haromm. 1 tank with 1 healer (ann all the DPS) downhill. makes it so much easier

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 tanks with 2 healers might be a good idea there uphill(berserk is a joke on this fight). It is managable to solo heal especially with monk and pala tank, which can help you with healing a lot (Tank Eternal flame on 3 targets + monk guards + tank sacri on healer whenever possible) but its still difficult. We as a tanks (me as bear and friend as a paladin) have almost no problems to survive. We could live up for like 30-40% of boss without any healers help with good cd rotation, but the healer just could not keep up with himself so we end up with 2.

Make sure you are in range of the totem, which gives you 10% DR from spells. At the gate its just barely outside of its 100 yds range. Might be better to tank in the room. If you have rogue, you can take him with you there too, he can feint the dot all the time.

It also seems that the boss prefers targets without toxic mist debuff for the foulstream, so if you bring 5 players, 2 players will have toxic mist, and the 3. will get foulstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucio View Post
    We could live up for like 30-40% of boss without any healers help with good cd rotation, but the healer just could not keep up with himself so we end up with 2.
    You sure about that? Once there's only 2 tanks there you have to deal with tombs and having the dot up all the time. Never really managed more than about 1 minute after our healer died just because of how much damage that dot deals.

On topic: Yes the prot pally should be able to cover most of his healing needs and some of yours as well - the only time a tank should really be in trouble if Haromm is on him while he has <10 sec of the debuff left (well but that's what tank cds are there for). What our holy pally does is keep beacon on himself and... well in my opinion you're probably best off with UbS since the 30 sec DP syncs well with the meteor and the shorter bubble cd also makes it interesting.

My guild just got our 2nd H Dark Shamans kill this week. Here is what I can share with you from my experience both 2 and 3 healing it:

We originally went with a 2 heal +3 tank strat with myself and two DKs tanking Earthbreaker up the hill like in this video. I was running EF + UnBrk Spir + DP + HP. I kept beacon on myself and as well as 3 HP EF on all 3 of us. Heavy use of divine light was needed. Divine purpose served to both save mana and GCDs. 30sec Divine protection was a lifesaver to cover the big damage combos of DoT + Foul Stream or DoT+ Falling Ash. Overall it was doable, but the slightest misstep and it was game over.

We ended up going with a 3 heal + 3 tank setup with myself + druid and two DKs tanking Earthbreaker in the throne room as seem in this video. An added bonus to this strat was our enhance shaman could come with us allowing him greater uptime on the boss. Once we switched to this setup, the boss went down in maybe half a dozen attempts.

Some more details that may help:
    -To handle the increased tombs in the throne room, healers did some mad Lego stacking in one of the coves in the throne room. They do not LoS, but it will get rather crowded towards the end.
    -For foul stream, we had the person who was targeted stand still and everyone move out of harms way.
    -With proper positioning, tanks can stuff the ash lines in the throne room alcoves.
    -We had a player outside countdown falling ash so healers in the throne room knew exactly when the damage would hit.
    -I ran with EF + Unbrk Spir + HA + HP. The cooldown reduction on DP + DS was too valuable when dealing with those nasty foul stream/falling ash + toxic mist combos. HA was more of a personal choice as I have 4-set and mana was not really an issue with a 2nd healer. Holy prism was great to quickly topping off toxic mist targets right after one of the final ticks of the DoT.
    -Since I had 2 tanks + melee inside, I would beacon the healer with toxic mist and just use holy radiance on our melee with the DoT. I would make sure to have 3HP EF on both toxic mist targets, and roll 2-3 HP EF on everyone else. This increased healing on the beacon target as well as helped keep everyone stable when foul stream or falling ash occurred.

Thank you all for the reply! We will go for 2 heals up hill and see how that goes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralgal View Post
    Thank you all for the reply! We will go for 2 heals up hill and see how that goes.
    We tried the hill when we started progressing on this fight, and then reverted to simply tanking him inside garrosh's throne. The only down side is literally the camera angle, there's plenty of room in there and the ashen walls can simply be placed such that they literally go through the wall of that room and therefore are a non issue, you are also in range of the resistance totem aswell as being able to get to the main group outside when sub 25% or so. (although it's not needed to go outside, it can help to stack them up for extra damage)

10+ Year Old Account
    A somewhat unrelated question - but I think OPs question has been answered:

What's easier to play - Throne Room Haromm of Up-Hill Haromm? And why?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Riemu2k3, Think I pretty much summed it up in my above post. @op, I'm too a holy paladin, and I went SH for this fight and simply spammed the usual SH "rotation" which was more than enough to keep everyone up in there with zero mana issues (I prefer it over EF due to the "burst" damage that goes out with high stacks of the debuff/foul stream/falling ash)

If you're struggling with the foul stream just stick a 4th person up there, it may not be ideal but with 4 bodies he will do foul stream on the offtank and the 2 non-tanks will get all the mist debuff. The real problem is that whomever has the mist debuff will take ~500k from the stream due to the bonus nature damage debuff, which is brutal to heal through. The problem here is that Haromm doesn't like to target stuff on his highest aggro target so he'll use his stream on the guy who has mist if there aren't 4 people in range.

Will be much easier if you switch to 3 healers so you have 2 up there.

With 2 paladins up there but it shouldn't really be that hard, it should mean that you have Hop on both dots for the end bit, as a prot pally my self, even with 2 healers up there i keep EF running on the targets with the dot and Hop one of them for the last 6 seconds, with 2 paladins to cover both will become easy, if you have another healer you can use, you hop your self and have the tank hop the other healer as with 2 healers up there only the healers with the the dot.

1 Healer can do it, and holy paladin would be the healer to do it because they can make sure to self hop them selves, the thing is that the dmg is just very burst, with the aoe damage after 50% + a foul stream + low ticks of the dot it can hurt and gib you fast.

Easy solution, 3 heal. Otherwise get you prot pally to help with the healing.

As other people have suggested going 3 heals and having 2 healers up the top is probably your best and safest option. However if you do decided to 2 heal as we did I can give some suggestions. First of if your other tank is a DK or a Monk id switch them with the warrior for more off/self heals. (Guards help a lot).

I ran with Purity and used it every time Falling ash was going to hit (the cd lines up perfectly) this way you don't get one shot with a dot tick and Falling ash at the same time. I saved Divine protection for whenever I got foul stream and saved bubble/Devo aura for whenever Falling ash was going to hit and I wasn't at a safe health level. I also ran with sacred shield since I was only healing 3 people it seemed like a no brainer but im sure EF will do just as good if not better. Also kept beacon on myself pretty much the whole fight since you will always have the dot.

Hello. For the first week we killed this I was solo healing the two tanks up the hill. It is very hard. The next two weeks I was away so our group tried a different strategy - a 5/5 split with 2 healers in the Haromm group. Apparently it was a lot easier that way.

If your heart is set on the current strategy then all I can say is;

- Hand of purity the last 6 seconds of every debuff (on yourself, dont do it on the tank).
    - Talk to the prot pally you're with... he can help you out a lot. He can holy prism and keep 3hp EF on the three of you. Additionally, ask him to spec hand of purity (if he can afford to drop US - not sure how badly he needs it for the strike). Then tell him "every single time foul stream goes out, hand of purity me."
    - You must must must track Falling Ash. The explosion will fuck your shit up. Track it, use something for it. On your hill you have 2*Devo + Demo banner. And you can bubble one if you need to. Deaths come from the burst damage when all the shit lines up so you have to be aware of every type of damage and mitigate the worst of it.

Here is the vid from my PoV:

*edit* - lol I forgot to move my raid frames back after Ordos - they are usually in the middle. This was the first or second pull of that night!
    If you have any specific questions let me know.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2013-10-10 at 04:09 AM.

Deleted
    To my mind, this is definately a 2 healer fight, one in each side. Stacking healers on the up side is not so good because they will spend more than 50% of their healing on themselves, tank without purple dot can easily keep them up alive. I ran with divine purpose (it helps rolling flames on everybody) and unbreakable spirit (for the last 9.9sec of the purple dot). Hand of purity might be ok but I think 40% for 10sec is safier than 80% for 6sec because the 6th and 8th second tick hit like a monster truck, and it give you more chance to be under 40% reduced damage during the falling ashes explosion or the green line. Plus, 2 bubble might be really helpful in case of bad combo. Here is few advices I can give you:

- HoP the iron tomb if you have it on you before splitting (on last 10sec)
    - beacon the tank with the dot, and heal yourself
    - track falling ashes explosion (or have someone in your raid making a vocal countdown for you), it's your higher danger
    - keep rolling 3 hopo flames on everybody, especially the two peoples with the dot
    - try to anticipate as much as possible incoming damages; precast divine light to 3hopo flame to prism is almost as effective as a lay of hands
    - remember you have a lot of defensive cooldowns, it might takes you few tries to figure it but except from bad combo nobody can't die on this side, so go aura mastery if you're late on healing, bubble if you're very late etc...
    - always keep an eye on the dot timer, you have to cast your divine prot just after the 10sec tick timer (or just after the 6sec if you're going with purity)
    - try to optimise your mana spending, but do not hesitate to overheal much even if everybody, build hopo (with divine light, not radiance) and store it to prevent wombo combos.

Good luck on your progression tho !

Thank you guys for the tips.We killed it last night.

We ended up doing it with 3 tanks and 2 healers. I was inside the room with a prot paladin and a warrior.

- i went for EF + Unbrk Spir + HA + HP.
    - until 50% i used my Divine Protection for the last 10s of the debuff while rotating through Holy Avenger , Divine Favor and Avenging Wrath .
    - at 50% i started using my Divine Protection for the Falling ashes while keeping my aura mastery for Falling Ashes when i wasnt topped
    - the main difference to what some of you suggested is that i had my beacon on the tank tanking the boss not the one with the debuff.The tank with the debuff managed to keep himself at over 90% all the time.
    - Divine light as much as possible, 3hp EF on everyone and it was pretty easy.

We're running the following comp;

Tanks: Prot Warrior, DK Tank, Brewmaster Monk
    Healers: Mistweaver Monk, Resto Shaman (Can go Ele), Holy Paladin
    DPS: Hunter, Frost Mage, Boomkin (Can go Resto), Lock

We've been doing DK and Brewmaster with Resto Shaman and Mistweaver at top with everyone else on the bottom because our Holy Paladin (Me) is the only healer with reliable absorbs but we run into issues with a person dying to Iron Tomb after a falling ash (Timers seem to be Falling Ash and Tomb a second or two later). Using this method, is it even worth grabbing Eternal Flame would grabbing Sacred Shield for the instant 60k shield be better? Overall it doesn't seem like EF really benefits the bottom until after the individual has taken the hit from Tomb whereas Sacred Shield helps in absorbing damage.

We've thought about running the two tanks at the top with me healing them (So 3 at the top) and two healers at the bottom and being real vocal about CDs. The downside is that neither one of those two have absorbs outside of the MW's mastery. Is this even worthwhile?
    Last edited by Balrose; 2013-11-15 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrose View Post
    We're running the following comp;

Tanks: Prot Warrior, DK Tank, Brewmaster Monk
    Healers: Mistweaver Monk, Resto Shaman (Can go Ele), Holy Paladin
    DPS: Hunter, Frost Mage, Boomkin (Can go Resto), Lock

We've been doing DK and Brewmaster with Resto Shaman and Mistweaver at top with everyone else on the bottom because our Holy Paladin (Me) is the only healer with reliable absorbs but we run into issues with a person dying to Iron Tomb after a falling ash (Timers seem to be Falling Ash and Tomb a second or two later). Using this method, is it even worth grabbing Eternal Flame would grabbing Sacred Shield for the instant 60k shield be better? Overall it doesn't seem like EF really benefits the bottom until after the individual has taken the hit from Tomb whereas Sacred Shield helps in absorbing damage.

We've thought about running the two tanks at the top with me healing them (So 3 at the top) and two healers at the bottom and being real vocal about CDs. The downside is that neither one of those two have absorbs outside of the MW's mastery. Is this even worthwhile?
    Our resto shaman solo heals the ranged group. Basically, if your ranged team knows how to line up personals for both the tomb and the falling ash, nobody should ever die and healing should never be an issue.

You only need 1 healer in each team once you understand the fight, 3 healers is more than overkill.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future