Simcraft weights (2H Frost)

Hi all,

I just ran my character through simcraft to check my personal stat weights, and I was kind of surprised.

It still values Hit and Exp higher than the other secondary stats after I have reached 7.5% hit and expertise. Is that due to the simulation wanting to reach the 15% spell cap for some of the frost abilities?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to go to options>scaling then compare crit/haste/mastery. Then run the simulation again using the boss profile of your choosing. There is no benefit to being over 7.5% for 2H frost.

spell hit = hit + exp
    15% spell hit = 7.5% hit + 7.5% exp

It valuing the stats so high after cap is just something that simcraft does

Deleted
    Simcraft by default uses negative deltas for hit and expertise otherwise it would return values of 0 as the stat weights once you were already capped. Basically the value you're getting is the value of hit/exp UNDER the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenxion78 View Post
    Simcraft by default uses negative deltas for hit and expertise otherwise it would return values of 0 as the stat weights once you were already capped. Basically the value you're getting is the value of hit/exp UNDER the cap.
    This... That's why SimCraft has an option to test positive hit to see it's value after the cap for classes that dual-wield. The reason it defaults to showing the values under the cap is because there are cases for some classes/specs where the other stats may be better than capping hit/exp. (for example at low gear levels and without the legendary meta, expertise drops below mastery for assassination rogues)