Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

What class do you play and what does your deck look like?

Me, I'm a mage, I love all the great spells and spell synergy minions there are.
    Currently I'm focusing on a buff deck, minions that are either buffed by spells being cast, summoned from spells being cast or cheapen spell casts, and some others that are just fun. It works great so far.

This is what the deck looks like. If I manage to get out both my Mirror Image then the Cultist Leader and my opponent has to kill the Mirror Images, good times. If I get the Ghoul out and my Mogu'shan, I can hope for the buffers to buff them up, and then the 2 healers to keep them up. The Ghoul profits from the Mirror Image deaths just like the Cultist Leader does. Or if I get most of my spells I can destroy any minions my opponent puts out, or survive long enough to get 1 or both Flamestrikes out. If 1 or both Apprentices survive I can even do such expensive spells 1-2 rounds earlier. If I manage to get my Violet Teacher up for when I'm gonna cast these spells, and THEN put out the buffers, oh man!
    So far, it's worked in all those situations.

So, what's your class and deck? How does it play?
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-10-09 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Me, I'm a mage, I love all the great spells and spell synergy minions there are.
    Currently I'm focusing on a buff deck, minions that are either buffed by spells being cast, summoned from spells being cast or cheapen spell casts, and some others that are just fun. It works great so far.

This is what the deck looks like. If I manage to get out both my Mirror Image then the Cultist Leader and my opponent has to kill the Mirror Images, good times. If I get the Ghoul out and my Mogu'shan, I can hope for the buffers to buff them up, and then the 2 healers to keep them up. The Ghoul profits from the Mirror Image deaths just like the Cultist Leader does. Or if I get most of my spells I can destroy any minions my opponent puts out, or survive long enough to get 1 or both Flamestrikes out. If 1 or both Apprentices survive I can even do such expensive spells 1-2 rounds earlier. If I manage to get my Violet Teacher up for when I'm gonna cast these spells, and THEN put out the buffers, oh man!
    So far, it's worked in all those situations.

So, what's your class and deck? How does it play?
    I mostly play Hunter, Warlock and Paladin. I see that you play with few "taunt" minions. About 30% of my deck is all about taunt. Hunter even 40%. Mostly beasts of course.

Well, I got the beta yesterday and my traditional main is the mage. Being an all-around player though in all games I also play Druid and Priest too (soon all classes will follow). Now... my mage deck is a secret deck. I love predicting. My Druid deck is a very sneaky and suprising one which is so fun to use. My priest deck generally performs either extremely well or bad. Very rarely it loses or wins a match by a tight margin.

That said I also love my rogue deck and the feeling when the opponent can do absolutely nothing to prevent his loss and you know it because of your hand. I just find that the rogue has so more moments of that than any other class.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to play for fun against anyone. If you want PM me your battletag so we can catch up and play together!

10+ Year Old Account
    Too lazy to get actual screenshots of my deck builds, but I have 2 "main" decks that I'm trying to decide between. 1 is a Warlock Murloc rush deck and the other is a Warlock kinda rush deck. It's slower then the Murloc deck, but the actual deck itsself seems to perform better.

I can sort of describe the decks I guess. Murloc deck has, surprise! Murlocs, some basic spells to remove opposing minions, and a Molten Giant to try and swing things if I get in trouble and need a bomb to finish things (things shouldn't get to that, but stuff happens).

The other deck is from a decklist someone posted on HearthPwn and it's been really good for me so far. It's based on board presence and swarming your opponent. It has things like Harvest Golem, Silver Hand Knight and Razorfen Hunter to get and keep lots of board presence. Combined with cheap native Warlock minions like Imps and Voidwalkers and some basic buff cards you chip away at your opponents health till you can finish him off with some Soulfires or a bigger Charge minion.

The Murloc deck is what I tried initially in beta, and returned to after the wipe, but the non-Murloc deck has started to prove it's more versatile and has better win chance overall. I think I'll keep the Murloc deck for funzies OR that I start a Shaman Murloc deck. Murlocs + Bloodlust = lol.

I started a rogue, built a deck out of basic cards only, without really knowing the game. Wanted to do the minion synergy at first, with things that give each other +1/+1 and so on, but it didn't really work. So I rebuilt the deck to focus on Charge creatures and things that deal damage when they enter game. Basically everything must hurt. Having a blast with this deck, 11/3 Win to Loss so far. If you even fight a Rogue who kills you with poisoned 3/4 dagger and two sinister strikes on the last turn - it was probably me.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    I only started this week, bought some packs to get myself caught up a bit and to get some fiddling done.

First thing I tried, was a Shaman murloc deck. It didn't work. I don't have all the murlocs, to begin with, so I also don't have Old Murk-eye, and trying to run murlocs meant that, most games, they were getting whittled down as fast as I could summon them. If I got an early lead, it was brutal but that was a big "if".

What I've shifted to is what I'm calling a Shaman Stealth Deck. Shaman have decent removal and buff cards, and this abuses that, by stacking Stealth minions. Stealth is fairly cheap in card cost, I find. Basically, Hearthstone is stongly affected by who has the initiative. Before the coin, going first was a BIG advantage, now it settles into a pattern after the first couple rounds. The person who has the initiative is the guy with board control; he has minions down, and is whacking yours out. It's difficult at this point to turn this around; you can't drop minions, because he still has enough strength on the board to take them out, for the most part. You spend the match trying to turn that around while getting whittled down. You MIGHT get a great run of cards while he draws crap, and turn it around, but that's down to card draws as much as anything.

That's where stealthed minions come in. If I'm holding the initiative, they're strong enough to use them like any other; you don't pay much extra for Stealth, if anything. If you're losing, though, they can't target them. Meaning they have to hit you. Normally, this would be bad, but damage to your hero doesn't matter, outside that last point of damage. Get a Stranglethorn Tiger out with a couple others, and next turn, drop a Windspeaker, and any of Rockbiter Weapon, Flametongue Totem, or Bloodlust. Suddenly your 5/5 Stealthed is 11/5, along with a couple other mobs, and holy crap, you just did 26 damage to him in one round and won.

I've had a bunch of games turn around like that, when I was at 5 health or so, just tonight. Some more "normal" wins, and some losses, because I'm not Superman and RNG can still kick me in the teeth. But the deck seems to work fine if RNG's on my side, and can kick the enemy in the teeth if they're even a titch too slow in killing me, if RNG is only a little against me. The latter being something I haven't been able to pull off with most other decks I've tried.

Other heroes could probably do the same to a lesser extent, but it's really being able to give minions Windfury that makes this shine, because that 11/5 doesn't hit for 11 damage, it hits twice for 22 Even if you don't get a Windspeaker, a Bloodlust can still be a gamechanger, if you can keep some minions on the table, and that's what Stealthed does for you. As long as you're ready to take some hits to the face while setting up.

I've unlocked all the classes and so far I'm really digging the paladin deck. I need to change a few thing up but I'm mostly looking at buff minions and survivability.

It seems taunt is a bit too much of a necessity otherwise its easy to get steamrolled.
    Last edited by Lightwysh; 2013-10-10 at 07:32 AM.

I've been playing a ton since the closed beta started and I think I like priest the most. Anyway, here is my deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/8164-priest-deck-v1

If there are any questions/comments, feel free to let me know.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Hunter main, although I have a reasonable shamurloc deck as well.

My hunter is based on board clears (traps / DS / MS) combined with steath (STV Tiger & Panther) Adding to that I utilise a lot of the mini beasts (Pig / Timber Wolf) and UTH. Not amazing burst like the OTK mini beast decks, but much more staying power!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a doctors appointment in a minute, so i will post my deck later today or tomorrow, but its a priest deck. Im not going to be buying any packs for at least a week so its a pretty basic deck, but i still win about 50-60% of my games. Been playing since Wednesday.

Slow burn deck that focuses on card advantage and being able to recover quickly, struggles pretty badly with very late game focused decks but if I can force CC to be used on the Sunwalkers/Sen'jin/Knife Juggler then I'm pretty sound for an easy mode Ysera late game. So far its about 33-7 in D3/M1

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you guys getting those pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How are you guys getting those pics?
    Screenshot from the in-game deck builder.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Screenshot from the in-game deck builder.
    Then editing it in imgur? Sorry I'm bad at doing stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Then editing it in imgur? Sorry I'm bad at doing stuff like that.
    Yes, or pre-upload

I'm playing mostly Shaman/Paladin with a bit of Warrior on the side.

My Shaman deck focuses on a lot of taunt and windfury, with enough control spells to usually allow me to deal with any sudden "Oh shit.." minions.

My Paladin deck is all about DS and buffs, I feel it's quite frustrating to play against as I've had quite a few games ending with me on low health, getting a couple DSs out and buffing something up to take back the game.

Warrior deck is mostly just a screw-around deck with gurubashi berserkers and heaps of enrage, a couple times it's shone through and destroyed unsuspecting opponents.

Burn deck with lots of drawing power and +spell power. Also able to get spells AND minions out for cheaper.