Deleted

Soridormi death and the Vials of Eternity

This is just a quick idea and if i'm in any way wrong please tell me. I din't raid in tbc so forgive me for being ignorant etc.

But aren't the Vials of Eternity given to Soridormi? and more overly could this be the reason she is killed since one vial made the sunwell so surley having two could easily be used as a boon for an evil plan etc :P

Anyway for all i know she might have destroyed them already etc. just an idea wonder about your thoughts/ if this is bollocks or whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqaurehead View Post
    This is just a quick idea and if i'm in any way wrong please tell me. I din't raid in tbc so forgive me for being ignorant etc.

But aren't the Vials of Eternity given to Soridormi? and more overly could this be the reason she is killed since one vial made the sunwell so surley having two could easily be used as a boon for an evil plan etc :P

Anyway for all i know she might have destroyed them already etc. just an idea wonder about your thoughts/ if this is bollocks or whatever.
    Cue Illidan.

Deleted
    Hope not dead should stay dead! Just seems since they are basically superweapons seems odd just to ignore them/only use them for an attunement

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they were used up to send us back to the Battle of Mount Hyjal. Or maybe she just used the ambient energy to see back in time without actually emptying the vials:
    The power contained even in this small amount of water from the Well of Eternity is incredible.

I can see clearly into every moment in time linked to Hyjal... the creation of the second Well of Eternity, Illidan's imprisonment, the enchantment of the World Tree and... yes! The Battle of Mount Hyjal.

A total of 7 were drawn by Illidan. 3 were used to make the 2nd Well of Eternity in Hyjal. 2 were procured for Soridormi from Vashj and Kael. 1 was used for the Sunwell. So that leaves 1 vial unaccounted for (although, Illidan did splash himself with water from the Well in the Cata dungeon).

Here's WoWpedia's speculation on the final vial:
    Speculation about the final vial remnant points to its original host, Illidan Stormrage. It is unknown whether or not he was in possession of it at the time of his death at the former Temple of Karabor, Black Temple.

It is also possible (but not certain) that the final vial was used by Illidan during the War of the Ancients, to defend himself against the Abyssal Doombringer in the Well of Eternity instance. The uncertainty stems from a scene where Malfurion sees Illidan with his hand in the Well after the battle, leading to the possibility that he may have refilled it. In Mists of Pandaria, Kanrethad notes that the Shrine of Lost Soul's power is very similar to that of the Well of Eternity. It is possible that Illidan used the final vial to power the Shrine.

the next expamsion seems to be relater to draenor aka outlands which most likely means burning legion so there are chances someone might try to turn the sunwell into a portal just to mess up the blood elves and make em go back to be fel-junkies

Deleted
    So basically it's likely the 2 from Vashj and Kael were used to send the players back in time, and there's another one somewhere maybe, Cool! thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I think they were used up to send us back to the Battle of Mount Hyjal. Or maybe she just used the ambient energy to see back in time without actually emptying the vials:
    The power contained even in this small amount of water from the Well of Eternity is incredible.

I can see clearly into every moment in time linked to Hyjal... the creation of the second Well of Eternity, Illidan's imprisonment, the enchantment of the World Tree and... yes! The Battle of Mount Hyjal.

A total of 7 were drawn by Illidan. 3 were used to make the 2nd Well of Eternity in Hyjal. 2 were procured for Soridormi from Vashj and Kael. 1 was used for the Sunwell. So that leaves 1 vial unaccounted for (although, Illidan did splash himself with water from the Well in the Cata dungeon).

Here's WoWpedia's speculation on the final vial:
    Speculation about the final vial remnant points to its original host, Illidan Stormrage. It is unknown whether or not he was in possession of it at the time of his death at the former Temple of Karabor, Black Temple.

It is also possible (but not certain) that the final vial was used by Illidan during the War of the Ancients, to defend himself against the Abyssal Doombringer in the Well of Eternity instance. The uncertainty stems from a scene where Malfurion sees Illidan with his hand in the Well after the battle, leading to the possibility that he may have refilled it. In Mists of Pandaria, Kanrethad notes that the Shrine of Lost Soul's power is very similar to that of the Well of Eternity. It is possible that Illidan used the final vial to power the Shrine.
    The one Illidan used on himself + the players in the dungeon wasn't one of them. Remember, after beating Mannaroth, Malfurion says something akin to:"Why are you holding your hands in the well". Thus meaning that was the moment he filled the 7 vials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything noted above is what I understand to be true as well (as much as we've been told anyway). Those vials are nice MacGuffins that Bliz can pull out when it's convenient so being vague about a couple of them is in their favor.

- there's no absolute proof that Soridormi used both vials up for the Mount Hyjal instance.
    - there's no absolute proof of what happened to the 7th vial supposedly in Illidan's possession.
    - there's no absolute proof that there were only 7 vials, for that matter. Illidan's just that kind of guy.

It would make for interesting storytelling if she was murdered for the vials.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a note on the Vials Kael and Vashj had: They were "Vial Remnants" not full vials, though they did contain a small amount of water from the Well of Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    - there's no absolute proof that there were only 7 vials, for that matter. Illidan's just that kind of guy.
    "Seven vials were drawn from the Well of Eternity by Illidan."

- - - Updated - - -

- there's no absolute proof that Soridormi used both vials up for the Mount Hyjal instance.
    She used the Vials to make the rings:
    "This ring is imbued with a droplet from the Well of Eternity."
    "Behold! Power beyond mortal understanding is unleashed from even that small remnant of the Well of Eternity."

The Well water in the ring is actually what is allowing us to go back to the Battle for MH by focusing the gateway to MH.
    "we will need them as foci to open a gateway to any events tied to Mount Hyjal, recent or ancient."
    "As you continue to become attuned with past events surrounding mount Hyjal, I can continue to tap into the power contained in your ring. It won't be long until it has reached its full potential."
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-04 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The problem is, you believe them and I don't. They change things when it suits them, by saying "Oh, Illidan only TOLD them there were seven" or "So and so only SAW him with seven" or whatever.

And also, too, there's a lot more than one drop in a vial, much less two. :P lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And also, too, there's a lot more than one drop in a vial, much less two. :P lol
    They were vial "remnants." She didn't send you back alone.