Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think you're wrong, the Isle is much better at forming friendships than running mindless randoms with people you will never see again. I've met and gotten to know many many people on the Isle, regardless of the gear I think it's more of a community builder than anything. Also, the gear can be utter crap due to the horrible stat RNG (example: I'm Ele specialized and I keep getting Stam/Int/Spirit with no Haste/Mastery on burden loot). Another thing, no one is forcing you to use the isle. Stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The same folks who are now currently saying "i'm so fucking tired of this bag of gold" or "fuck stupid fucking coins never pay off". On the other hand I do know several folks who were pleased as punch that next week they had a tier piece to look forward to. I know of far more people who were chasing say a weapon of a boss and constantly being cock blocked by it to no end of frustration and expressing that frustration in raid.

Valor is boring but constant cock block RNG OUT OF YOUR CONTROL is more interesting? This is ridiculous I can't believe you people feel this way. The system you have NO INFLUENCE OR IMPACT IN that your skill/time/ability CANNOT INFLUENCE AT ALL is more interesting then the system where you can at least have some influence?
    My time and skill have brought me many rewards throughout my 8 years of playing as it has for many others.

Your lack of enjoyment comes from your unhealthy attachment to gear instead of to the game itself. All of your arguments center around spending X amount of time in game and getting X gear that you don't actually need for anything anyway.

I've never had an issue

I've come to find that those who play this game solely for gear end up pretty miserable. But for those who play because they actually enjoy the game, the gear comes no problem.

I think that WoW isn't the game for you, friend

Why the hell would you want a dungeon? They're both mindless grinds, but the Isle has gotten me enough BoA tokens to gear out 5-6 of my alts. Which would never have happened in a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    My time and skill have brought me many rewards throughout my 8 years of playing as it has for many others.

Your lack of enjoyment comes from your unhealthy attachment to gear instead of to the game itself. All of your arguments center around spending X amount of time in game and getting X gear that you don't actually need for anything anyway.

I've never had an issue

I've come to find that those who play this game solely for gear end up pretty miserable. But for those who play because they actually enjoy the game, the gear comes no problem.

I think that WoW isn't the game for you, friend
    I hate to break it to you but no ultimately they haven't. Your time and skill killed the bosses. The reward was entirely determined by a computer in the background.

My lack of enjoyment stems from the developers no longer supporting the content I enjoyed doing with the rewards I enjoyed having associated with them. I'm glad you've never had an issue. Congratulations.

Currently you are absolutely correct wow is not the game for me and it's becoming increasingly clear that it's not the game for many many MANY others as well.

The same folks who are now currently saying "i'm so fucking tired of this bag of gold" or "fuck stupid fucking coins never pay off". On the other hand I do know several folks who were pleased as punch that next week they had a tier piece to look forward to. I know of far more people who were chasing say a weapon of a boss and constantly being cock blocked by it to no end of frustration and expressing that frustration in raid.

Valor is boring but constant cock block RNG OUT OF YOUR CONTROL is more interesting? This is ridiculous I can't believe you people feel this way. The system you have NO INFLUENCE OR IMPACT IN that your skill/time/ability CANNOT INFLUENCE AT ALL is more interesting then the system where you can at least have some influence?

I think it boils down to, which one is more interesting? Have an item that you need drop out of the blue, one that you've been waiting for awhile to obtain vs. knowing in 3 weeks, you will have an item as long as you do the daily heroic. As for drops, I've never seen a guy that seriously raids, that had almost no raiding gear by the end of the tier. Most people don't get their BiS list, or don't get it until close to the end of a tier, but having someone that never gets raid drops at all? I can't say that I've ever seen that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love the Timeless isle for alt gearing, not everyone has endless time to gear up alts through dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think it boils down to, which one is more interesting? Have an item that you need drop out of the blue, one that you've been waiting for awhile to obtain vs. knowing in 3 weeks, you will have an item as long as you do the daily heroic. As for drops, I've never seen a guy that seriously raids, that had almost no raiding gear by the end of the tier. Most people don't get their BiS list, or don't get it until close to the end of a tier, but having someone that never gets raid drops at all? I can't say that I've ever seen that.
    That's some clever framing. Let me try. Is it more interesting to have no influence over the reward a boss gives you or have SOME influence on what you get out of the boss?

I hate to break it to you but no ultimately they haven't. Your time and skill killed the bosses. The reward was entirely determined by a computer in the background.

My lack of enjoyment stems from the developers no longer supporting the content I enjoyed doing with the rewards I enjoyed having associated with them. I'm glad you've never had an issue. Congratulations.

Currently you are absolutely correct wow is not the game for me and it's becoming increasingly clear that it's not the game for many many MANY others as well.
    Exactly. My time and skill and team killed those bosses. The gear from that was a perk and a tool for my team to kill another boss, because that's why I play.

You on the other hand are the toxin in this game, putting loot ahead of the game itself. You are the worst type of player there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. My time and skill and team killed those bosses. The gear from that was a perk and a tool for my team to kill another boss, because that's why I play.

You on the other hand are the toxin in this game, putting loot ahead of the game itself. You are the worst type of player there is.
    Good. Then let's remove the gear from the raid. They can scale your character. The reward is all about you killing the boss right? Or better yet if the reward is all about killng then boss then adding gear to the vendor shouldn't matter to you at all.

That's some clever framing. Let me try. Is it more interesting to have no influence over the reward a boss gives you or have SOME influence on what you get out of the boss?

The loot is random, but you still have influence over who gets it. And just to be clear here, I'm not talking about the LFR loot system, I agree that one sucks. But that being said, the group as a whole has influence on what you can obtain.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say, having someone that is just out for gearing themselves up is definitely the worst type of player you want in the raid, they will cause problems sooner rather than later. My guild had a guy that won 3 pieces of tier the first week, and was begging people that won other pieces to pass them over to him even *after* he already won a lot of stuff. The dude had the highest gear score of our group, and did decent dps, but by no means topped the meters. We gave the guy the boot because of his begging antics and the group as a whole has done considerably better with him gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The loot is random, but you still have influence over who gets it. And just to be clear here, I'm not talking about the LFR loot system, I agree that one sucks. But that being said, the group as a whole has influence on what you can obtain.
    Actually quite often you as a player don't have influence. Even if your just new to a guild it's out of your hands. Ultimately though what drops is entirely out of your hands anyway. You have NO INFLUENCE on what drops from the boss and often little on who gets what does drop.

Why can't we have both honestly? Give people the option of a new dungeon and add timeless isle for solo play. The dungeon stuff could be itemlized better than the timeless isle to make up for the added difficulty and lower drop chance per boss loot table.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's what I wanted to say.

No, there are not new dungeons. Read thread, it's about gearing through Timeless Island(MoP) vs gearing through dungeon(Wotlk/Cata).
    Well, at least the mobs in Timeless Isle are current, and sometimes quite difficult. Nothing worse then running dungeons that are designed for ilevel 400, whilst equipped in ilevel 450, and earning ilevel 500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    I prefer isle, get to do my own thing, don't need to worry about people taking loot, kicking me, etc.
    opinions are exactly what they are.
    If you get kicked you're bad. Simple as that ? Bad answer.

Actually quite often you as a player don't have influence. Even if your just new to a guild it's out of your hands. Ultimately though what drops is entirely out of your hands anyway. You have NO INFLUENCE on what drops from the boss and often little on who gets what does drop.

Then it's time to join a new guild, to be honest. My guild, we pretty much all discuss loot and who is going to get what, and if someone has won a ton of loot already, they will pass some of it off if another guy didn't win anything. This system is infinitely better than what you get from LFR or other systems. But that's what's great about the old loot system, if you see a guild that does this, you can leave and join one that doesn't, or even start your own raid group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it's time to join a new guild, to be honest. My guild, we pretty much all discuss loot and who is going to get what, and if someone has won a ton of loot already, they will pass some of it off if another guy didn't win anything. This system is infinitely better than what you get from LFR or other systems. But that's what's great about the old loot system, if you see a guild that does this, you can leave and join one that doesn't, or even start your own raid group.
    Really? I mean you all discuss it but do you give the new guy that weapon your 5 year fury warrior buddy needs? I agree it's better because it allows you some influence but that really wasn't the point. You still don't influence what does drop and you as an individual have little influence over whogets what.

You know for those posting here... I disagree with the game's direction on many counts.

But god help if we ever played anything that "Glorious Leader" here had a say in making.

I'd rather have new dungeons to gear up alts in instead of Timeless Isle but at the same time I don't really care because I can never put any real play time into an alt that doesn't have a legendary cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You know for those posting here... I disagree with the game's direction on many counts.

But god help if we ever played anything that "Glorious Leader" here had a say in making.
    Why? cause it might actually have broad appeal?

Why? cause it might actually have broad appeal?

Glorious leader, from what I've gathered, your version of the game would have wotlk heroics with no raids, the heroics would always drop pieces so you'd be geared up fully after 2 or 3 days, and the subs would drop to 1 (because you'd still be playing) lol. Am I lying here? or is this pretty much what you are hoping happens in the game.