Thread: PvP question!

PvP question!

Since all Warriors now have access to all of the same talents, defensive cooldowns, and offensive cooldowns, what is it that Arms still has that makes it so much better than Fury for PvP?
    Last edited by Ezachulator; 2013-10-20 at 02:39 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does not rely on proccs. Mortal Strike. And a full ragebar into slam during CS is devestating. Aside from that, small perks like the increased runspeed after leaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armor Pen uptime and easier sustained damage rotation. Fury relies way too much on how much damage you can fit in a Colossus Smash window. Pvp is too unpredictable to get 2-3 raging blows, bloodthirst and 2 heroic strikes in a colossus smash window. And all of that effort and time will mean nothing when Arms at those gear levels just does more overall damage both single target and aoe. Arms is just mindless damage. You don't need to understand anything about how to manage rage or even understand the priority system. As long as you know that Mortal Strike/Colossus Smash is always used on cool down, you can't fuck it up.

Single Minded Fury is actually really powerful if you can somehow fit all of those on use trinket/skull banner raging blows in a Colossus Smash window and follow it up with a Dragons Roar. I see so many Warriors doing it wrong when they go with Titans Grip.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armor Pen uptime and easier sustained damage rotation. Fury relies way too much on how much damage you can fit in a Colossus Smash window. Pvp is too unpredictable to get 2-3 raging blows, bloodthirst and 2 heroic strikes in a colossus smash window. And all of that effort and time will mean nothing when Arms at those gear levels just does more overall damage both single target and aoe. Arms is just mindless damage. You don't need to understand anything about how to manage rage or even understand the priority system. As long as you know that Mortal Strike/Colossus Smash is always used on cool down, you can't fuck it up.

Single Minded Fury is actually really powerful if you can somehow fit all of those on use trinket/skull banner raging blows in a Colossus Smash window and follow it up with a Dragons Roar. I see so many Warriors doing it wrong when they go with Titans Grip.
    Mate, what are you talking about? Arms in PvP is ALL about, stun, pop CDs and Slam the shit out of the enemy.
    And above of that all, what benefit does SmF has in terms of rotation over TG?
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Mate, what are you talking about? Arms in PvP is ALL about, stun, pop CDs and Slam the shit out of the enemy.
    And above of that all, what benefit does SmF has in terms of rotation over TG?
    Sorry "mate" but Fury can stun, stun, pop cd's and Slam (I mean Raging Blow) out of the enemy. It's just less damage and more inconsistent. I also forgot to mention that Fury is way too reliant on Crit rating. 24% crit isn't going to cut it for Fury.

Titans Grip just does less damage on ability. The 30% buff SMF gets is far superior than the ability to dual wield two weapons. The only advantage Titans Grip has is more Crit and health as well as higher white attacks. SMF has better burst potential which is really the only thing that matters in pvp if you play a "pure" damage dealer.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry "mate" but Fury can stun, stun, pop cd's and Slam (I mean Raging Blow) out of the enemy. It's just less damage and more inconsistent. I also forgot to mention that Fury is way too reliant on Crit rating. 24% crit isn't going to cut it for Fury.
    Exept for when Raging blow fails to procc you mean?

Titans Grip just does less damage on ability. The 30% buff SMF gets is far superior than the ability to dual wield two weapons. The only advantage Titans Grip has is more Crit and health as well as higher white attacks. SMF has better burst potential which is really the only thing that matters in pvp if you play a "pure" damage dealer.
    Oh, what confused me, is that you put it like it was easier to mess up the rotation as TG as as SmF, which would obviously be wrong since the rotation does not change at all or only in very minor things. Furthermore it was not clear to me that you were talking about PvP in that second paragraph of yours. It might be right to go SmF in PvP IF you decide to go Fury in PvP at all. I do not know since I do not consider Fury viable in PvP in non-casual areas at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I do not know since I do not consider Fury viable in PvP in non-casual areas at all.
    I'm not arguing that Fury is viable in competitive pvp. I was just giving insight on what SMF Fury can actually do in Colossus Smash burst window. Outside of Colossus Smash, SMF does as little damage as a Combat Rogue without K.Spree/Adrenaline Rush/S.Blades. It's basically just a gimmick spec in pvp. That doesn't mean you can't play it. It just means that you can't expect to actually achieve in a competitive environment with it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing that Fury is viable in competitive pvp. I was just giving insight on what SMF Fury can actually do in Colossus Smash burst window. Outside of Colossus Smash, SMF does as little damage as a Combat Rogue without K.Spree/Adrenaline Rush/S.Blades. It's basically just a gimmick spec in pvp. That doesn't mean you can't play it. It just means that you can't expect to actually achieve in a competitive environment with it.
    We entirely agree there. I usually tell people asking for speccs, that they may play whatever threy want if they want to keep it on a casual level, which is totally fine.

slam, lol /thread

Thanks guys! I'm mostly just looking to play Fury in 2's and BG's, nothing too serious. As long as I can do enough damage to score a kill and not be a total waste of space I'll be happy. Another question, is there any different talents for Fury you should take or just use the same as an Arms Warrior?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezachulator View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm mostly just looking to play Fury in 2's and BG's, nothing too serious. As long as I can do enough damage to score a kill and not be a total waste of space I'll be happy. Another question, is there any different talents for Fury you should take or just use the same as an Arms Warrior?
    Well, they included a offhand-attack for stormbolt for furys. so stormbolt MIGHT get a bit more attractive as a fury. Aside from that all depends on your playstyle.