Deleted

WeakAuras or WeakAuras 2

Hey! I just returned to wow and I am in the process of making my UI

I hit a snag and I am wondering what is the difference between WeakAuras and WeakAuras 2

Is it the same ordeal that came with the updated Power auras a while ago?
    Which addon should I use (Considering I haven't used Weak auras at all as it's a fresh UI install/make).

Appreciate the help

Weakauras 2. Its the updated version and the original isnt going to be updated any more i believe.

WeakAuras is no longer being supported, and WeakAuras 2 is just the original that is being supported by a new author.

I have had issues with WeakAuras 2, but I know of others that have had no issues as well. I suspect since you're starting fresh, WA2 will be fine, as most of my issues involved preserving my auras from an upgrade from version 1 to 2. I will probably stick to WA1 until it is just totally broken from a patch, then I'll force myself to deal with whatever has to be done to make #2 work for me. WA1 works perfectly fine though, for now (until it doesn't). Only thing to note is WA1 and WA2 cannot share auras or import/export auras between versions.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Thank you very much for the responses.

Yea just make sure you don't delete your old auras and stuff. Idk why the author couldn't just update the normal weak auras b/c it caused a lot of confusion and led to a lot of people not updating. Lot of people still using wa 1 that i can't import from b/c they refuse to switch over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying with WA1 until the next xpac. When xpac changes I normally do a full clean install so that's a good time for me to change. I figure WA1 should work until 6.0.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Yea just make sure you don't delete your old auras and stuff. Idk why the author couldn't just update the normal weak auras b/c it caused a lot of confusion and led to a lot of people not updating. Lot of people still using wa 1 that i can't import from b/c they refuse to switch over.
    Because there is a process to go through.
    Contacting the original author to ask for permission, where you then have to either receive such permission or if no response within a reasonable amount of time then the project must be abandoned for a sufficient amount of time before the moderators on the site will consider granting you those rights.

It is not something you can just "pop in" and do.

They have made changes which impacted on the import/export for whatever reason.
    If it is new functionality not present in the "old" version, then attempting to export that in the same format could result in overwriting with non-working auras or causing other errors.
    Therefore the new export format could be seen as a safety measure, one which results in something new to WA2 not making its way into WA where it would not work.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-15 at 12:25 AM.