Poll: What was your favorite final raid?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Siege of Orgrimmar is the only correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Can I hate on DS for having the worst Trash-to-Boss ratio and worst setting of any raid?
    This combined with every boss except maybe Hagara being a snoozefest ranks DS as the worst raid in my eyes. Of course people are entitled to their own opinions though.

Siege of Orgrimmar also had the most lore-affiliated bosses.

Fallen Protectors, Sha of Pride, Zaela/Galakras, Nazgrim, Malkorok, Klaxxi and Garrosh---that's half of the encounters having an actual reason why they were there in the raid; characters that you really hated and characters you were really attached to. Some were even developed during the course of the entire expansion. (Do you see Ultraxion as that one guy you hoped to face someday back in patch 4.1? nope)

Compare that to the other popular choices: ICC had LK, Sindragosa, Lootship, Saurfang, and maybe the Blood Princes qualifying as lore characters; the rest were just freaks inside ICC used by the LK to 'test' the players. In DS, only Deathwing (x2) was the only lore character you fight; you never heard of the rest of the Old God freaks before until DS.
    Last edited by wooootles; 2013-10-15 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted
    Why do people bother putting up these polls?

Wrath wins hands down on pretty much every poll ever run...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Why do people bother putting up these polls?

Wrath wins hands down on pretty much every poll ever run...
    All polls should be for 2nd place. Because the Wrath option always wins by 30% at least.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

SoO and ICC.

BUT i will vote Naxx because DS is sh*t. Naxx and DS cant have the same number of votes. F*CK YOU DS, your trailer is so bad, blizzard delete it of WoW youtube channel, your bosses are crap, no new models and more, horrible final raid, horrible patch, horrible trailer, everything is horrible.

ICC was a pretty average raid mechanically-speaking, especially when you take into account the fact that it launched with limited attempts and gating. It was good because it was Arthas's raid, though, and it had the fight that people had been anticipating for years (even if the heroic version sucked). Otherwise, SOO trumps it from a gameplay perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baneador View Post
    SoO and ICC.

BUT i will vote Naxx because DS is sh*t. Naxx and DS cant have the same number of votes. F*CK YOU DS, your trailer is so bad, blizzard delete it of WoW youtube channel, your bosses are crap, no new models and more, horrible final raid, horrible patch, horrible trailer, everything is horrible.
    I voted DS for the lulz.

SoO is by far the best. A lot of bosses in there have lore behind them and the raid is filled with lore. Everything about it is simply of quality.

ICC was boring. The scale of the raid was small for 12 bosses. It felt like they fit all that bosses in small place. Also shit tons of random bosses in ICC which noone knew. In fact, out of 12 bosses, there were only 3 lore bosses. LOL
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-10-15 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Can I hate on DS for having the worst Trash-to-Boss ratio
    When did they start calling it "Dhone of Sunder?"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

ICC was fairly disappointing without taking into account the Lich King encounter which pretty much saved it. The rest of the instance felt largely like filler and the whole attacking the citadel aspect was poorly done and barely felt like we were doing much.

I actually prefer Siege of Orgrimmar over the others. Despite wing 1 feeling more disjointed, they definitely captured more of the war and siege feeling and attacking Garrosh, especially areas like in the Underhold where you see NPCs show up and talk about the war above ground and the Gnomes leading the charge. It felt more cohesive overall and the bosses felt more meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    When did they start calling it "Dhone of Sunder?"
    No he was just kidding; he was actually referring to any vanilla raid.

Deleted
    ICC was kind of boring to me. And the environment looked the same everywhere. On top of that we had loads of problems with the guild at the time, so no can't rate that very high I'm afraid.

1. Siege
    2. Sunwell

The rest are not among the best raids.

I have never raided during Vanilla or TBC. I only started during early wrath but I think if I raided back in Vanilla then I would pick Naxx as I loved the atmosphere but the remake was too easy. With Naxx out of the way my two choices are either ICC or SoO but I've only done SoO on LFR atm tho I'm loving everything about it so far. I'm going to vote for ICC though but I think SoO has better design especially when you get past the RFC area.

Dragon Soul was...fun..for a week. The only boss in there that I enjoyed somewhat was Ultraxion and Gunship.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2013-10-15 at 05:07 AM.

ICC was average, LK is an amazing fight though.

Siege has many bosses already introduced prior to 5.4, including

Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride(Maybe), Galakras / Zaela, Nazgrim, Malkorok, Paragons and Garrosh!

Like every boss in DS was made up for the raid.

Icecrown. It went on for far too long, but it's still one of the best raid instances ever. A good mix of straightforward boss fights (Marrowgar, Valithria, Festergut) and quirky ones (Rotface, Putricide, Sindragosa).

Dragon Soul would have been a contender if not for the recycled graphics (let's fight old recycled bosses in and around an old recycled tower!) and how incredibly lame the final boss fight was. Fighting Deathwing's left foot wasn't all that epic. Though I still think Morchok 10H was one of the more amusing fights ever. Too bad the normal and 25H versions were incredibly dull.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Sunwell.
    No competiton, Sure ICC was fun. But on the terms of being the most perfectly tuned, end of expansion raid, Sunwell has never yet had any competition.
    It was a great raid, but calling it perfectly tuned? Nah, not even close. Heroic ICC my favorite btw.

Icc personally, never got to do sunwell current content though but it's still a pretty cool raid even so.

Also naxx is the end raid of vanilla? I always thought it had been AQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    Icc personally, never got to do sunwell current content though but it's still a pretty cool raid even so.

Also naxx is the end raid of vanilla? I always thought it had been AQ.
    Naxx40 was the final raid for Vanilla.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Thought ICC was pretty weak to be honest, surprised it got so many votes.

Deleted
    naxx 40 by far