Can someone clarify simcraft for me?

Im 570 ilvl... if i sim myself, it says i should be doing Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Currently im reforged crit > haste > mastery

how exactly am i supposed to read simcraft and see what my real DPS is?

my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/grafx/simple

Or if someone could tell me what they recommend i do for spec choice / stat prio.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you are looking at BM. You have to consider how those stat weights are calculated and why they don't essentially match up with what is possible in-game. Essentially, they add 'x' amount to each stat (I think the default is 1000) then run your sim again and compare with the baseline. In the real world, in order to "get" more of a stat (like SimC does) you need to sacrifice another stat (something SimC doesn't take into account).

Mastery may be great when you can just "get" more of it, but the only way for us to do that in the game is to reforge / regem. This means in order to get more Mastery we need to sacrifice Crit (for example). That means that Mastery will be valued less because our pet is critting less. Same deal with Haste: the more Haste we get, the less Crit / Mastery we get, and the lower valued Haste becomes. So what you are seeing is a byproduct of the synergy between the stats and the fact that SimC doesn't take into account how we can actually "get" more of a stat. This synergy is very prominent in BM because all the secondary work well together. Not so much in the other specs.

Feel free to use something like Mr Robot to reforge your gear, import that setup into SimC, and run both simulations (with the Crit > Haste > Mastery reforge and the Mastery > Haste > Crit reforge) and see which comes out ahead. I believe I did this at the start of the tier and found that, overall, Crit > Haste ~= Mastery was the best. And since I would be spec swapping lots, I just went for Crit > Haste > Mastery.

EDIT

I went ahead and did it anyways, cause yolo

Last edited by Conjor; 2013-10-21 at 03:32 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To build on Conjor's info, simcraft will give you a graphical representation of the stat scaling +/- 1k at increments of your setting.

When you look at your stat weights you should take this into consideration. I'm at work or i'd link the images but as SV currently my weights are something along the lines of 3.5 crit, 2.48 mastery, 2.31 haste [close as I can recall from memory right now]. When I take these values into consideration while looking at the stat scaling graphs I can see that +500 haste would be an increase compared to +500 mastery, but -500 mastery to achieve the the +500 haste would actually net a loss. The same graph also shows haste leveling off ~ +500-750 haste (assuming mastery/crit remain at their current values) while mastery increases in value at a consistent rate the more I add.

Depending on my gear, talents, and other nuances, these results constantly change -- at one point a single reforge was enough to for simc to prioritize haste slighly over mastery.

At the end of the day, comparing multiple sims the end result was largely the same and always within ~500 dps sim by sim. The differences were going crit>haste=mastery (or crit>haste>mast) resulted in some extra procs from cloak, multistrike trinket, etc but crit>mastery=haste or (crit>mast>haste) would result in greater ES damage (which in my sims typically outweigh the extra proc damage.

BM synergy is quite high as Conjor said amongst all 3 stats and [subjectively] I prefer to not completely gut mastery or haste for the other but rather try to keep them relatively balanced and as you can see from his above sims -- the difference is all of 243 DPS.