Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't i play Alliance? Well, when I first started playing (shortly after TBC release), I rolled an Alliance toon, a Dwarf hunter if I remember correctly. This was on the Lightnings Blade(EU) server. What I found was that, for the most part, all the Alliance players were young teenagers. As a 27 year old (at the time), that made for an unpleasant and uncomfortable social experience, mainly as I have little in common with young teenagers. I almost gave up on the game round about then, but decided to give the Horde side a chance, and I'm glad I did. To answer the question, I don't play Alliance because the playerbase on that side of the game, in my experience, tend to be immature teenagers, whereas the grown ups seem to favour the Horde side. I guess that maybe comes down to the perception that the Alliance are the "Good Guys", and that'll always seem more attractive to kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both sides but it's mostly horde. I don't know I just think their storylines are more interesting than Alliance and the Horde races are also more interesting to me. The only reason I'm playing Alliance a lot right now is because of my Pandaren Monk. The Alliance to me just seems too generic like with the typical fantasy races Human, Dwarf, (Night)Elves and Gnomes with werewolves mixed in and one original race being the Draenei. I guess you could say the same for Horde with them having Orcs, Goblins and Trolls but in RPGs they're usually always the bad guys so you always just kill them but in WoW they're in a way good guys for once.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-10-19 at 01:14 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I play (raid) Alliance right now, and there's a perceived inferiority in it from our competitors. We beat them anyways.

Also, humans are too bland a story. Elwynn bores me to tears, even the CSI revamp to Westfall makes me want to self-harm. Durotar has an interesting troll storyline, and a storyline about the flood from Cataclysm. Mulgore kind of sucks, but who the hell plays a Tauren?

I started as horde so I stick with horde.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-10-18 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I play Alliance because they have mint Paladin GM gear as opposed to the horde....

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who eventually convinced me to give the game a try, played Horde. It could honestly have gone either way.

Deleted
    I don't like or find Alliance races interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I do play alliance but that's only because a few of my friends, one being my brother, faction changed a few years back and never looked back. I would much prefer to be on Horde, but my guild would never change, and i don't want to leave my guild.

I still have one lone mage on the Horde side...poor thing is so very neglected...she's only lvl 66!!

Deleted
    I hate human architecture whereas I love horde. I prefer horde lore and races. Humans are boring. Orgrimmar is awesome.

I wish I did i prefer EVERYTHING about ally,( main ally for 3 years) but then my server died and a few friends transferred to horde on a horde dominated server so I followed, was something new at the time so it was exciting, but now every time I log an old ally toon I miss it so much

Deleted
    I play both, but even then I prefer Horde by a large margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my first year or so of playing I only rolled alliance, I thought horde were the bad guys but I didn't read a smidge of lore. I saw the commercials for WotLK and just started playing.

It was only until after I got banned did I start reading some lore, mostly just end-boss lore, and I wanted to make a DK. Orcs looked awesome in the DK starter set, so I made him. Docterfreeze was his name.

I liked being a big strong orc, so I stayed with my DK and just started rolling everything Horde from there.

Ironforge is still my favorite city though, lots of fond memories begging for gold there.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    I started Alliance, I'd go back in a heartbeat. But I don't like purple and I do like elves. Blizzard is going to get about $275 from me the day High Elves go in.
    You do know that Night Elves have a large selection of skin tones, right? They're not all purple.

- the Horde history is more entertaiment, lore, races, etcs
    - the Horde has goblins and trolls
    - the Alliance has gnomes (hell no) and the other races are "boring"
    - The "never forget" and the "superiority" of the humans. You know about what i am talking, "you are a orc, you must die!" "a alliance with orcs/trolls/undeads/etc ?! ha! never", "you horrible, hideous, degenerate, ugly and dumb beasts, eat my sword" "you are a orc/troll/tauren? you must be a retard herp derp hur hur", "we are the good guys". We see this in WC3 and in WoW

I play both on different servers. I didnt play alliance though until June of this year when I returned to play in my wifes guild and they all decided to reroll for shits and giggles to see how the other half plays. We really only do flex on alliance and keep the main raid on horde though.

I am currently not playing but when I did I played both, usually flipping back and forth per xpac. I really don't have much preference between the races. I really like orcs and gnomes, but as far as capital cities go, still love Ironforge. I remember my first impressions of it back in vanilla. Pretty epic.

Deleted
    When WoW was first teased back in 2002ish, I saw pictures of playable undead. In an online RPG. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by koljach View Post
    Who said i dont? Proud alliance since late 2006 (when i started). Back then few of us, highschool friends, were planning to start to play and some of them had previous expiriences with warcraft stuff so they said "we will be alliance". I didnt know much about warcraft lore at that time so i was like "ok". Made a paladin and since then building alliance pride. I seriously didnt have anything against horde at the beginning, it was all the same to me, but 7 years later, i am alliance fanboy and wouldnt even consider to play horde for serious.

I know its stupid, its just video game afterall, but today, after 7 years of lets call it self-brainwashing, horde just doesnt fit me. Cities look like settlements of someone who never saw a civilization and not actual "cities", races follow same pattern. What is, to my eyes, ugly and repulsive. What is more repulsive is they kill alliance. I couldnt play character that actively works against everything i stand for in this game. Racials and success of raids / pvp and pretty much everything else is of less importance.

Like i said, to rational person it doesnt make sense, but my heart belongs to the alliance.
    interesting, you see, i also feel that race lore plays a large role in what faction and race players choose. Not sure if it's a larger reason than looks, but I don't think it is.

I have a question for people of a similar disposition as you. Would you play a different group of say orcs like Mag'har orcs for example if they were available? Now these guys aren't blood thirsty brutes, rather honourable, and peacful though quite the warrior types too. Furthermore, they didn't commit genocide nor were they duped into drinking human blood. So maybe you won't play a normal orc because of the race's profile, but would you play a Mag'har orc?

I play purely Alliance.

Why don't I play Horde?

Orcs - are hunchbacks.
    Trolls - toes and tusks
    Tauren - no neck
    Undead - slouching and exposed armor
    Belves - too dainty and scrawny
    Goblins - uglier gnomes with obnoxious ears

I'm Horde because most other games offered the same set of races: Human, Halfling, Dwarf, Elf. So I picked the other side. I didn't realize the Horde was essentially the "good guys" and basically the minority races. I did start as Alliance due to friends, but went Horde after a hack and never looked back.

edited to add:
    I do have a worgen DK (to alliance only battle pets). I would probably be a Worgen or Draenei, if i rolled alliance. Werewolves are generally alright (kept the obvious Twilight shit), but it just seems wrong to play both sides.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2013-10-18 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================