Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    because there for the most part they are a bunch of racist bigots that think its good to cross an ocean so they can attack refugees or that its fine to kill people for cutting down some trees that they can replace with the wave of someones hand.
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

I have played both for different expansions. I keep going back to Alliance. The server horde that my 90's are on is so quiet and dead, while my Alliance server has a massive faction imbalance in Alliance's favour, while always being High / Full population. Makes a difference having an active population and busy AH.

As for any perceived differences or nuances. I just need to get used to the portal / bank locations being inverted when switching between Horde and Alliance when visiting the shrine. Horde complain about Alliance in battlegrounds just as often as Alliance complains about horde. Many quests are exactly copies, or similar with only minor deviations.

Plus.. Alliance have gnomes. And gnomes are the best class.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    I want all my classes to be Gnomes, and they were at some point.
    But my friends want taurens ad shit >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    played alliance all thru TBC and WRATH bc my RL friends all played ally, then in cata my RL friends stopped playing and people i knew from gaming online for years playing counterstrike played horde on another server. So I server transfered and faction changed to horde and have been playing horde since.

I play Alliance because Orcs look so stupid in this game.

Deleted
    I started as a Shaman, which was only possible for Horde, and stayed there ever since. No other reason in particular.

I used to main alliance. Most of my alts were horde. In Cata I rolled a goblin rogue, current main. In the next expansion I may return to alliance to join some friends in a casual/flex guild.

So here's some things that turn me off from alliance and onto horde:

1. Blood Elfs are a cooler, hotter race than Draenei, with better lore. Blood Elfs are the reason all my alts were horde in BC, when my main was an alliance priest.
    2. Goblins are a cooler race than worgen. Worgen females are ugly. Somehow even goblin females are more attractive.
    3. Humans are bound to be the most popular alliance race, but they are butt ugly, especially males. They are deformed steroid monster freaks.
    4. Racials, of course the racials. This has been an issue that has been ongoing since vanilla. Will of the Forsaken made horde the PvP faction early on, amplified by the intro of arenas.

Why have raiding guilds centralized towards horde in recent expansions? I believe the dumbest decision Blizzard has ever made plays a role: killing off casual raids in Cataclysm. (Wtf Blizz? I still hate you so hard for that.) Let me explain. When casual raids were removed, all that was left were raids that required a high level of skill. There is only a finite amount of WoW players with the skill, temperament and schedule availability to participate at the level demanded by Normal raids. With declining sub numbers starting in Cata, the pool of available raiders for Normal+ continues to shrink as well, making recruitment more difficult, especially spread across two factions. So raiding guilds would naturally gravitate over time to one faction to ease the pressure of recruitment and retention for raids, again given the only options were Normals tuned beyond reach for many players, or LFR (later on). Horde was the natural choice, for the cooler expansion races, the cooler lore, the cooler heroes (Thrall, etc), the better racials, and etc.

The TL;DR of that is, Alliance might fare better in the future now that casual raiding is back. It is now possible for guilds to raid at a casual level, so the pressure towards centralizing on one faction (in response to declining subs and the concomitant shrinking pool of raiders qualified for Normal+) will ease up some.

That's not the only factor for the current H:A ratio, but I believe it explains to a decent extent why so many raiding guilds are horde. To be blunt, Blizzard has to do a lot of work now to make alliance "cool" again.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like playing dwarves. Alliance has dwarves, so I play Alliance.

The only way I'd play Horde is if they got Dark Irons or something. Though that wouldn't make much sense with the recent lore involving Moira and the Council.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    I used to main alliance. Most of my alts were horde. In Cata I rolled a goblin rogue, current main. In the next expansion I may return to alliance to join some friends in a casual/flex guild.

So here's some things that turn me off from alliance and onto horde:

1. Blood Elfs are a cooler, hotter race than Draenei, with better lore. Blood Elfs are the reason all my alts were horde in BC, when my main was an alliance priest.
    2. Goblins are a cooler race than worgen. Worgen females are ugly. Somehow even goblin females are more attractive.
    3. Humans are bound to be the most popular alliance race, but they are butt ugly, especially males. They are deformed steroid monster freaks.
    4. Racials, of course the racials. This has been an issue that has been ongoing since vanilla. Will of the Forsaken made horde the PvP faction early on, amplified by the intro of arenas.

Why have raiding guilds centralized towards horde in recent expansions? I believe the dumbest decision Blizzard has ever made plays a role: killing off casual raids in Cataclysm. (Wtf Blizz? I still hate you so hard for that.) Let me explain. When casual raids were removed, all that was left were raids that required a high level of skill. There is only a finite amount of WoW players with the skill, temperament and schedule availability to participate at the level demanded by Normal raids. With declining sub numbers starting in Cata, the pool of available raiders for Normal+ continues to shrink as well, making recruitment more difficult, especially spread across two factions. So raiding guilds would naturally gravitate over time to one faction to ease the pressure of recruitment and retention for raids, again given the only options were Normals tuned beyond reach for many players, or LFR (later on). Horde was the natural choice, for the cooler expansion races, the cooler lore, the cooler heroes (Thrall, etc), the better racials, and etc.

The TL;DR of that is, Alliance might fare better in the future now that casual raiding is back. It is now possible for guilds to raid at a casual level, so the pressure towards centralizing on one faction (in response to declining subs and the concomitant shrinking pool of raiders qualified for Normal+) will ease up some.

That's not the only factor for the current H:A ratio, but I believe it explains to a decent extent why so many raiding guilds are horde. To be blunt, Blizzard has to do a lot of work now to make alliance "cool" again.
    Dragon Soul was pretty easy peasy, and at the time I by no means in a hardcore guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me old school, but the races of the horde have always been the traditional evil races in other settings, while races like those of the alliance, have usually been cast as the heroes. Playing as a monster just feels weird.

Don't get me wrong tho, if they ever made high elves playable for alliance, I'd race change several of my toons in a heartbeat.

cuz back then when i started alliance races where the classic humans, elf, dwarves and gnomes it was a breath of fresh air to be able to play orcs, taurens, troll and fricking zombies; with time i got attached to the orcs story so right now i don't feel the necessity to play alliance. I've levelled some a toon pre cata and one after to see the story but nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Dragon Soul was pretty easy peasy, and at the time I by no means in a hardcore guild.
    Whatever. I did Firelands 10 and it was by no means casual accessible. My raid group fell apart early into it and I quit shortly afterwards. In Mists, MSV 10 was absolutely not casual accessible at launch. Again, I was in a guild that would have done fine in Flex, moreover would have been fine in Wrath 10s, and after being cockblocked by Stone Guard everyone gave up on organized raids for LFR and/or PvP - most of those players also quit the game later.

But anyway, go ahead, tell me how easy those raids were for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Why don't I play Alliance? Because trolls are Horde, naturally! Why would anyone play anything other than trolls?!
    so what is it about the trolls you like so much? is it the race? or the darksepars only?

which of these troll factions would you fancy playing?
    Zandalari troll?
    Forest trolls? - raventusk or amani or either?
    Ice trolls ? Drakkari or winterfang (no versions on them ingame- they have white skin)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladilena View Post
    I started playing the game because of Blood Elf lore. If Blood Elves were Alliance, I'd be Alliance.
    if high elves were playable would you play them also? or would you swap from blood elves to high elves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    And white/blue options along with pink/peach tones similar to blood elf skin tones...
    blue? they don't have a blue option do they, they are all shades of purple, altho you do have a sort of white and black skin tone option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    I can't play Horde because they're basically villains with a huge case of obnoxious self-righteousness.

"Oh yeah bro Horde are totally the good guys. Just ignore everything the Warchief has done for the last three years, and ignore Sylvanas and everything she does, ignore Ashenvale, Broken Front, Wrathgate, Theramore, the Veil, and anything else that makes the Horde look bad. As long as we eventually get mad at the Horde guy who orders these things (or not, in the case of Sylvanas) they don't count as Horde atrocities anymore. We're totally the good guys."

Ugh, get fucked. If the Horde were straight-up villains I'd probably play them, I'd have loved playable Scourge for example, but the self-righteousness makes me puke. "Why does everyone hate us poor Horde victim minorities just because we do awful things? How dare they not buy into all 400 excuses we have!"
    wow, is this really about orcs?

and how do the forsaken fit into that category, they don't really hide what they're about, as far as I've noticed.

I just cannot stand gnomes - they are awfull - when I see them all I want to do is to kill them. Also humans are boooooooring ...\
    And ofc best race ever is undead and they are in Horde!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I hate alliance, I hate stormwind, darnassus, exodar, I do however love Ironforge. Those cities don't feel like world of warcraft at all. I started out in Mulgore and Thunderbluff also Orgrimmar from the beginning even though everyone and their granny was alliance. I was an outcast :P Being alliance just feels lame except when I play my Draenei warrior to blow up the horde noobs but other than that I stick with horde.
    did you get the impression the alliance was the cutesy kiddy faction and the horde were serious crowd? it's weird, i don't get that in SwTo?R at all between their two factions - and the alliance still has that air about it methinks, although worgen is kind of thee exception

What I always disliked about Alliance was that constant "righteous, good guy" attitude both from NPCs and players. I found the Horde to provide more depth, and more shades of "good" and "evil".

1.) Stormwind is boring visually, Darnassus is ugly, Exodar is stupid and out of place, Ironforge is ugly and wore out on me long ago
    2.) Humans Humans Humans... did I mention humans? Almost no race diversity in the lore
    3.) Inferior story and lore, by a long shot
    4.) Stopped being interesting after half the Alliance stuff went neutral
    5.) Lots of cool Alliance leaders were killed off in Warcraft 3. Uther/Arthas/Antonidas/Daelin.... oh wait, those are all humans again!

So Horde all the way... best faction.

Deleted
    Undead>all thats why horde

Deleted
    The races are ugly and not that useful for pve :< The cities are also boring..

Would love to play Horde again, but staying Alliance for racials since I PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.