Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Jhazrun was holy on Garrosh, Malkorok, Nazgrim, Shamans, Juggernaut, protectors and Immerseus. That's 7 of 14. Wasn't in for Thok, klaxxi isn't recorded (but if he was holy there he's legally insane, really).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhazrun View Post
    Like what? I play Holy on 9 of the 14 fights if that's what you're asking.
    And on 2 fights he was a shaman. So that leaves 3 for disc.

The point is that you can call disc the best, but if you pick the sub par one you can still get world first.
    So saying that one is better than the other has hardly any meaning except on a few fights.

If your other healers are overhealing, that means it's time to drop a healer in case you're using 3, or focus more on offensive play for the disc if you actually need the 3 healers for periods of the fights. I mean, if you've got one healer doing 150K and 2 other healers doing 75K because the 150K healer is a disc stealing all the healing with absorbs, why not just add another 300K raid dps and drop to 2 healers, and let both the disc and the other healer use their full potential?
    well no matter how u do it, unless there is a Disc Solo healing there will always be times were our absorb will steal a heal from someone else(Unless its a Paladin because they also have absorb type healing which makes us fall behind instead). As a Disc im playing with double dps trinkets and DPS legendary cloak. This only makes us kill bosses about 10 seconds faster

Absorbs build up before the raid damage comes in and when the damage appears the priest gets all the credit, But it would be survivable if u didnt have a disc priest aswell but the others would have done done less Overhealing because the there isnt any absorbs up
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-10-21 at 01:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc + Shaman meni stronk
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by zealz View Post
    And on 2 fights he was a shaman. So that leaves 3 for disc.

The point is that you can call disc the best, but if you pick the sub par one you can still get world first.
    So saying that one is better than the other has hardly any meaning except on a few fights.
    What he does for farm and what he did for progress is different. If a top end hunter runs around as MM on bosses he already killed because it's enjoyable and bosses still die, that doesn't make MM the better spec. Which second fight was he shaman on? Paragons? I can only see Thok, and his shamans have 1 Norushen, 5 thok kills (guessing paragons do not record as his priest has none of those, either).

And I refer you to my previous point - the only fight where holy in 10 man has achieved better output than disc is on Malkorok. We obviously don't know Siege, Paragons or Garrosh due to WOL not recording those yet. But facts are that:
    Disc has holy beat in terms of a stronger tank CD, a better raid CD (negating dmg>healing up dmg), better utility (PW:S and spirit shell), higher output, and added DPS.
    And I would also like to refer to the fact that as Jhazrun geared and gemmed holy, his disc performance would be quite subpar as his Holy play relies on discs' two worst stats (spirit and mastery) - unless, as said, he gems and reforges for each boss.
    It's true that he managed to get kills as holy, but that doesn't make it the better choise. That says more about the player than the spec, and if you ask advice for "what's best", then the facts say that Disc is the stronger of the two specs for the vast majority of cases. Is it neccessary? No, it's not. But that wasn't the question .

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    well no matter how u do it, unless there is a Disc Solo healing there will always be times were our absorb will steal a heal from someone else. As a Disc im playing with double dps trinkets and DPS legendary cloak. This only makes us kill bosses about 10 seconds faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

Absorbs build up before the raid damage comes in and when the damage appears the priest gets all the credit, But it would be survivable if u didnt have a disc priest aswell but the others would have done done less Overhealing because the there isnt any absorbs up

How is that a bad thing, though? Disc's healing is different and prevents the damage from ever happening, thus prevents possible fuckups that could lead to deaths with other healers. Likewise, your other healers still has the same potential for output - let's put up a little thought experiment:

If a raid encounter requires 250K hps, and every healer can provide 150K hps, what's better -

A disc that does 150K with any other healer doing 100K
    Or
    Any two healers doing 125K because they don't have absorbs interferring with each others healing?

The answer is neither. The exact same result has been reached, and the setup is irrellevant.
    What makes disc better, then, is the fact that it has on-demand 250K instant heals (shields), raid CD on a 1 minute CD (for 10 man), a proper 3 min raid CD, a strong tank CD, added damage, and it relies less on specific gear drops (holy can't really do well with low spirit, but disc can manage either of the two through reforges and more liberal PW:S use).
    Also, as for the whole "kill bosses 10 sec faster"-thing, I know enrages aren't always as tight in 10 man, but in 25 man, that'd be absolutely fucking massive. On our first Malkorok kill (6:00 minutes) I did 33.7M dmg - or about 2% of his HP. Our raid DPS was 5.3M not counting my damage. Making up 33.7M dmg would then require more than 6 seconds of DPS from the raid to make up. That's in a 25 man enviroment.

Apply the same damage and logic to a 6 minute 10 man kill - the first exact 6 minute log I could find was this:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=7493&e=7853

If I had done 33.7M DPS there instead of one of their two healers, then that would have been:
    93.6K added raid DPS (or about 5%).
    A kill that would happen about 17-18 seconds earlier.

It's quite significant, really.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-10-21 at 01:25 PM.

If your other healers are overhealing, that means it's time to drop a healer in case you're using 3, or focus more on offensive play for the disc if you actually need the 3 healers for periods of the fights. I mean, if you've got one healer doing 150K and 2 other healers doing 75K because the 150K healer is a disc stealing all the healing with absorbs, why not just add another 300K raid dps and drop to 2 healers, and let both the disc and the other healer use their full potential?
    I disagree, I'm a strong believer of taking as many healers as you can for progress UNLESS there is a clear benefit of higher dps. If you can kill a boss before beserk and there are no other mechanics that get significantly harder with less dps there is absolutely no reason to risk things on progress. 8 healers (or 4 for 10man) for Iron Juggernaut, why on earth not, if you can make the enrage?

But take a look for yourself on worldoflogs - the only fight where holy has an output-advantage over disc, is on Malkorok. Every single other fight disc is ahead of holy by 10% or more (in some cases upwards of 30%).
    Statements like this are extremely shortsighted. Anyone with half a brain can figure out why. Healing meters say nothing, its about what healer can save the day during one of those 2-3 'oh shit' moments in a fight, not what healer can absorb al heals during the easy phases.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I disagree, I'm a strong believer of taking as many healers as you can for progress UNLESS there is a clear benefit of higher dps. If you can kill a boss before beserk and there are no other mechanics that get significantly harder with less dps there is absolutely no reason to risk things on progress. 8 healers (or 4 for 10man) for Iron Juggernaut, why on earth not, if you can make the enrage?

Statements like this are extremely shortsighted. Anyone with half a brain can figure out why. Healing meters say nothing, its about what healer can save the day during one of those 2-3 'oh shit' moments in a fight, not what healer can absorb al heals during the easy phases.
    All fights gets easier with more DPS. There's always a clear benefit - the boss dies faster, thus there are less room for errors. If no one dies with 7, or even 6 healers on Iron juggernaut, why the heck take 8? It's just a waste of both time and drags the boss out so people can fuck something up and wipe you.

As for my WOL statement - facts remain facts. Holy might be able to heal up bursts of damage in a short period of time more effectively, but disc can completly stop them from happening. Take Sha of Pride's swelling pride AOE, for example - holy might be able to burst the damage up quickly, but the hit is so hard and the burst damage in that encounter is so unpredictable due to rifts that Disc is far safer. After all, that's what spirit shell is for - predictable bursts of damage.
    Basicly, with AA and 2 set putting well geared discs at +60% crit you can on-demand shield the entire raid with lvl 90 talents now, completly negating the need for a "burst healer".
    Not to mention, your partner should be covering that role if it's needed, anyway .

Disc has holy beat in terms of a stronger tank CD, a better raid CD (negating dmg>healing up dmg), better utility (PW:S and spirit shell), higher output, and added DPS.
    I'm not sure why you believe disc has higher output then holy, but its false. Holy has far higher output as disc. My guess is you will respond with a worldoflogs ranking, for that I refer to the point above. Logs/meters dont tell anything about the output a healer can have.

Honestly, you can only really tell what the best healing spec is when pushing a spec to its very limits. To push a healer to its very limits you have to do something insane, something like solo healing garrosh. And guess what, something like that is exactly what holy is best for.

Obviously when you overgear and overheal encounters healing meters say nothing. Since the specs arnt pushed to their maximum.
    Last edited by willemh; 2013-10-21 at 01:37 PM.

What he does for farm and what he did for progress is different. If a top end hunter runs around as MM on bosses he already killed because it's enjoyable and bosses still die, that doesn't make MM the better spec. Which second fight was he shaman on? Paragons? I can only see Thok, and his shamans have 1 Norushen, 5 thok kills (guessing paragons do not record as his priest has none of those, either).
    Oh yea wowprogress/armory has some shitty bug with kill credit on paragons. He went shaman on the normal i don't know about the heroic version.
    He still did 9/14 holy and max 4/14 disc, but if this sub par spec doesnt prevent you from getting world firsts. How much can the difference be? Could it be people just prefer easier atonement spam or because disc was at some point really OP and nobody bothered to switch back?

And I refer you to my previous point - the only fight where holy in 10 man has achieved better output than disc is on Malkorok.
    Ironically, we found even Malkorok hc easier with a disc priest than with a holy priest. Even on this high throughput encounter, large shields are really strong and the required base group heal (250-300k) can easily be delivered by a druid alone (me) + atonement. Basically, I keep the raid at green while the disc shields players soaking the impacts and helps out with shields and spot heals on people that hit an orb. The second P1 is really much easier with shields, as people soaking the impacts do not lose any HP and stay at orange/red. And of course disc has the best CDs for the tank solo-soaking P2.

Throughput-wise, disc cannot compete on that boss, just like Norushen hc. But throughput is not everything.

I'm not sure why you believe disc has higher output then holy, but its false. Holy has far higher output as disc. My guess is you will respond with a worldoflogs ranking, for that I refer to the point above. Logs/meters dont tell anything about the output a healer can have.
    Logs/meters tells us everything about the output that healers has, though.
    Do you really believe that holy's output is better and more reliable than discs output because it in a theoretical scenario with constant pulsating damage should be stronger than disc? If you do, then that's fine - there's just no actual evidence to support that this tier, which means that while on paper holy might be stronger, it's not in reality.
    Even on Norushen, the best fight after Malkorok for Holy, disc is far, far ahead. Holy is too prone to overhealing, especially in 10 mans, to ever really shine. You are correct that the burst Holy can deliver in a prolonged period of time is greater than disc (although disc with absorbs rule the "short" periods of time), but no such thing exists currently for holy to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Ironically, we found even Malkorok hc easier with a disc priest than with a holy priest. Even on this high throughput encounter, large shields are really strong and the required base group heal (250-300k) can easily be delivered by a druid alone (me) + atonement. Basically, I keep the raid at green while the disc shields players soaking the impacts and helps out with shields and spot heals on people that hit an orb. The second P1 is really much easier with shields, as people soaking the impacts do not lose any HP and stay at orange/red. And of course disc has the best CDs for the tank solo-soaking P2.

Throughput-wise, disc cannot compete on that boss, just like Norushen hc. But throughput is not everything.
    Oh, I do agree that disc is still the superior choise for Malkorok due to PW:S and Divine Aegis working before shields (thus allowing the vast majority of discs' healing to still work just fine). Not to mention that being able to throw around 250K non-crit PW:S on targets that do not have a topped shield like it's nothing is great for saving people that gets hit by orbs, or seismic smash etc.
    But I did have to admit that holy was stronger on malkorok for pure throughput - never said anything about the utility, though :P.

Quote Originally Posted by zealz View Post
    Oh yea wowprogress/armory has some shitty bug with kill credit on paragons. He went shaman on the normal i don't know about the heroic version.
    He still did 9/14 holy and max 4/14 disc, but if this sub par spec doesnt prevent you from getting world firsts. How much can the difference be? Could it be people just prefer easier atonement spam or because disc was at some point really OP and nobody bothered to switch back?
    Again - I took the disc/holy from what wowprogress logged. He was holy for 7 recorded kills, and possibly for paragons, making it 8. I don't know where the 9th is from. Perhaps it's the spec he'd like to use for Thok when he can do it on his priest instead of his shaman, I guess.
    Either way, as mentioned twice already - it says more about what set he had optimised and him as a player, than it does what is stronger. In 10 man, Blizzard has to make sure that all possible combinations of healers can theoretically defeat the encounters (EG paladin+druid, shaman+mistweaver), which means that they can never balance around absorbs, which makes disc so stupidly powerfull. The fact that they have to be beatable without a disc around means that yes, you CAN go holy. That doesn't make it the correct choise. Alot of Jhazrun's choises seem... Odd and illogical to me. For example, considering they had to do the 2-tank version of shamans, can anyone figure out what the logic behind holy over disc is? I mean, the chance of being hit by an ability or getting toxic mist at the same time as your Prison is about to run out is quite big in 10 man. Disc with absorbs (remember, prison does 100% of your HP, so without a disc you NEED a personal cooldown/raid CD up) is significantly better at countering that than Holy. Sure, holy might be able to top them up, but what if they got it twice in a row and didn't have a personal or raid CD ready? guess he'd have to resort to holy's much weaker PW:S. Just doesn't make any sense why, tho. Especially with a mistweaver as your partner .
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-10-21 at 01:54 PM.

Logs/meters tells us everything about the output that healers has, though.
    Do you really believe that holy's output is better and more reliable than discs output because it in a theoretical scenario with constant pulsating damage should be stronger than disc? If you do, then that's fine - there's just no actual evidence to support that this tier, which means that while on paper holy might be stronger, it's not in reality.
    Holy is stronger in reality, the evidence is given by Paragon. A disc wouldnt have been able to do it. Now give me an example of a fight a disc priest can do that a holy priest cant? Once again, logs show nothing because disc always performs close to its theoretical maximum because of low overhealing and holy never shows up close to its theoretical maximum because of high overhealing, but guess what, in a 'oh shit moment' ALL the overhealing of a holy priest magically transforms into beneficial healing, making holy superior to disc. Sure, once you overgear a fight absorbs are safer as raw healing and the added dps is nice, but if you want to push the absolute max healing a healer possibly can for a cutting edge fight, holy is the better spec with the better troughput.
    Last edited by willemh; 2013-10-21 at 01:58 PM.

Holy is stronger in reality, the evidence is given by Paragon. A disc wouldnt have been able to do it. Now give me an example of a fight a disc priest can do that a holy priest cant? Once again, logs show nothing because disc always performs close to its theoretical maximum because of low overhealing and holy never shows up close to its theoretical maximum because of high overhealing, but guess what, in a 'oh shit moment' ALL the overhealing of a holy priest magically transforms into beneficial healing, making holy superior to disc.
    A resto shaman did it before a holy priest - does that make shamans the strongest healer this tier?
    But you're correct that on one fight where Paragon chose to 1 heal it, Holy was stronger because of that fact. Could disc have done it? Nope. Does that make holy the strongest spec? No, not really. 12 other fights of 14 still prefer disc.
    With that said, currently 7 heroic garrosh 10 man kills have been recorded.
    These were the setups:

Holy priest (Paragon).
    Disc priest + holy paladin (Depraved).
    Disc priest + mistweaver (Sanitas).
    Disc priest + mistweaver (Hordlinge).
    Holy Priest (Moonz).
    Holy Priest+Mistweaver (Crashtest).
    Disc Priest+Disc Priest (Practice).

It's clear to see that Disc+other healer is the most common setup. No kill yet has not involed a priest of either spec. No kill yet has involved a druid or a shaman.
    So... Does that mean Garrosh is impossible without a priest healer? Does that mean resto druids and shamans are the weakest of the healers? Of course it doesn't. A shaman solo healed it on the chinese servers for their first kill, so it's clear that it's more of a "setup" thing than a class-thing. Likewise, resto druids rivals holy in their output with the 13K haste breakpoint and SOTF.

What I'm basicly trying to put out here, is that you are hanging yourself far too much in the details of what one guild/person did (namely Jhazrun). Just because it CAN work, and DID work for one person, does not make it the safer nor better choise for everyone else. Logs and the fact that only one other guild has chosen to do the same proves that this is not the "best" way to do it by any means - after all, every single guild had a priest in their kill. If going Holy and solohealing it was the best choise, then I'd be willing to bet that we'd seen the entire top 5 do that. Instead, only Moonz has so far.

So, to round off -
    Is holy stronger in output than disc? Yes.
    Is holy better than disc because of this? Only if the output holy has ever actually gets used. So far this tier, the two fights where the spec gets use out of having more output, is Malkorok and solo healing Garrosh. If you think that makes it the superior spec, feel free to use it, I guess. It's not me it's hurting, after all :/.
    Do note that on bosses where the damage intake is consistant and comes in big crashes, absorbs from disc will also outweight holy, despite holy's higher output, due to absorbs.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-10-21 at 02:13 PM.

A resto shaman did it before a holy priest - does that make shamans the strongest healer this tier?
    But you're correct that on one fight where Paragon chose to 1 heal it, Holy was stronger because of that fact. Could disc have done it? Nope. Does that make holy the strongest spec? No, not really. 12 other fights of 14 still prefer disc.
    With that said, currently 7 heroic garrosh 10 man kills have been recorded.
    These were the setups:

Holy priest (Paragon).
    Disc priest + holy paladin (Depraved).
    Disc priest + mistweaver (Sanitas).
    Disc priest + mistweaver (Hordlinge).
    Holy Priest (Moonz).
    Holy Priest+Mistweaver (Crashtest).
    Disc Priest+Disc Priest (Practice).

It's clear to see that Disc+other healer is the most common setup. No kill yet has not involed a priest of either spec. No kill yet has involved a druid or a shaman.
    So... Does that mean Garrosh is impossible without a priest healer? Does that mean resto druids and shamans are the weakest of the healers? Of course it doesn't. A shaman solo healed it on the chinese servers for their first kill, so it's clear that it's more of a "setup" thing than a class-thing. Likewise, resto druids rivals holy in their output with the 13K haste breakpoint and SOTF.

What I'm basicly trying to put out here, is that you are hanging yourself far too much in the details of what one guild/person did (namely Jhazrun). Just because it CAN work, and DID work for one person, does not make it the safer nor better choise for everyone else. Logs and the fact that only one other guild has chosen to do the same proves that this is not the "best" way to do it by any means - after all, every single guild had a priest in their kill. If going Holy and solohealing it was the best choise, then I'd be willing to bet that we'd seen the entire top 5 do that. Instead, only Moonz has so far.

So, to round off -
    Is holy better than disc because of this? Only if the output holy has ever actually gets used. So far this tier, the two fights where the spec gets use out of having more output, is Malkorok and solo healing Garrosh. If you think that makes it the superior spec, feel free to use it, I guess. It's not me it's hurting, after all :/.
    Do note that on bosses where the damage intake is consistant and comes in big crashes, absorbs from disc will also outweight holy, despite holy's higher output, due to absorbs.
    All other kills after Paragons kill, nor the chinese kill show nothing. They had entire resets worth of extra gear. At this point they were overgearing the encounter enough to not need to push their healers to their absolute limits to get an extra dps in. I allready agreed with you that once you overgear a fight disc is better because of absorbs being superior to healing. However, when pushed to their limits holy is the superior healer of the 2 specs. So its all about how you define 'Best' tbh. Holy is best in theory, disc is propably best in practice for those guilds still progressing atm (because they overgear/overheal the fights).

All other kills after Paragons kill, nor the chinese kill show nothing. They had entire resets worth of extra gear. At this point they were overgearing the encounter enough to not need to push their healers to their absolute limits to get an extra dps in. I allready agreed with you that once you overgear a fight disc is better because of absorbs being superior to healing. However, when pushed to their limits holy is the superior healer of the 2 specs. So its all about how you define 'Best' tbh. Holy is best in theory, disc is propably best in practice for those guilds still progressing atm (because they overgear/overheal the fights).
    Sanitas was only 1.5 item levels ahead gearwise, though. Add the fact that if Gidget had been a main character, and not just an alt they brung in because Unpl had no DPS character, and you'd have a much closer gear spread (the difference is about 100 item levels - 16 item levels = 1 character item level, so if gidget had been 565 which was their average for the kill instead of 559, then he would have had an extra 96 item levels - or almost exactly the same as Sanitas).

Either way, saying that "anything after paragons kill and the chinese kill doesn't matter" is just... Idiotic, really. Of course they matter. It shows that Holy CAN handle more than Disc if the player+gear is good enough (Jhazrun was one of their most geared players, while both sanitas healers were significantly behind him gear-wise), but the fact that now that everyone has gear that doesn't require the same extreme amount of pushing for the DPS, it's not the prefered method, and thus isn't the "best". It was just the only solution they had. If a paragon member does see this discussion though, I'm curious - if you'd had 2 disc priests capable of pushing ~120K dps while keeping the raid alive both, making for 240K raid DPS, would you have gone for 2 healers with 2x discs or still went holy and gotten a 300K dps'er instead for the extra 60K dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    We are 11/14H and have done it with a Disc Priest Resto Druid setup. We had to three heal Thok and we used an alt Resto Shaman. So far it has been working out fine enough. You won't hit any type of real healing challange until heroic Thok.

So, to round off -
    If a holy priest has better output at a given gear level, it probably means that, at a lower comparable gear level, holy can heal things disc cannot. This is borne out by the fact that Jhazrun chose to go holy for so many fights and that both solo-healed Garrosh encounters were not healed by disc priests, but you're free to toss aside that evidence because WoL shows disc is more popular. Your entire argument in this thread hinges on the fact that you're doing massive amounts of over-healing even while two healing.

Assuming you have healers in gear matched to the encounters you're attempting, yes, you can get by with almost any setup (including double disc, double holy paladin or triple resto druid). There are no healers who are non-viable this tier, but that's largely because healing requirements are well below every healer's available throughput. What actually makes disc better in this situation is our damage. Because there's also nothing you really absolutely need SS or PW:B to survive.

You keep saying Malkorok is the only fight where holy outperforms disc. I guess it's just a massive coincidence that that's the only fight that even comes close to testing healer output (after all, even heroic Garrosh can be solo healed by an under-geared healer).

If your concern is healing capabilities, disc simply doesn't win. If you look at the whole picture and care about the 5-6% extra raid DPS disc can bring as well as it's ability to throw out instant saves, yes, it's a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    If a holy priest has better output at a given gear level, it probably means that, at a lower comparable gear level, holy can heal things disc cannot. This is borne out by the fact that Jhazrun chose to go holy for so many fights and that both solo-healed Garrosh encounters were not healed by disc priests, but you're free to toss aside that evidence because WoL shows disc is more popular. Your entire argument in this thread hinges on the fact that you're doing massive amounts of over-healing even while two healing.

Assuming you have healers in gear matched to the encounters you're attempting, yes, you can get by with almost any setup (including double disc, double holy paladin or triple resto druid). There are no healers who are non-viable this tier, but that's largely because healing requirements are well below every healer's available throughput. What actually makes disc better in this situation is our damage. Because there's also nothing you really absolutely need SS or PW:B to survive.

You keep saying Malkorok is the only fight where holy outperforms disc. I guess it's just a massive coincidence that that's the only fight that even comes close to testing healer output (after all, even heroic Garrosh can be solo healed by an under-geared healer).

If your concern is healing capabilities, disc simply doesn't win. If you look at the whole picture and care about the 5-6% extra raid DPS disc can bring as well as it's ability to throw out instant saves, yes, it's a good choice.
    You keep saying undergeared and I don't think you realize how geared Jhazrun was (567). That is so much higher then I am currently (12/14hc 25 man). You also keep referencing 1 fight that just happened to fit the holy toolkit WHEN solo healed.

Outside of that 1 scenario that only 2 guilds have done. Disc Priest MW monk is still probably the best setup with maybe only disc priest resto druid topping it.

There are many many reasons why disc priest mw monk synergize so well together and most of them have been stated in this thread.

Disc/MW. Both can do damage, Disc can absorb a lot of stuff, and MW's can almost have 100% ReM coverage on the raid.

Sanitas was only 1.5 item levels ahead gearwise, though. Add the fact that if Gidget had been a main character, and not just an alt they brung in because Unpl had no DPS character, and you'd have a much closer gear spread (the difference is about 100 item levels - 16 item levels = 1 character item level, so if gidget had been 565 which was their average for the kill instead of 559, then he would have had an extra 96 item levels - or almost exactly the same as Sanitas).
    Thank you, some1 that has some insight. Willemh, why do u even express yourself in this matter?

As soon as u kill the boss, what does the setup rly matter? I see why ppl wanna know when they are about to face the boss but honestly. It is possible to kill a boss in several ways and the best proof is the three Garrosh 10 man HC kills.
    Depraved with huge Gear advantage is able to execute the fight/ phases faster more or less and are able to run with a pala healer that doesnt provide with dpsoutcome.

To meet the dps requirements paragon ran with an experienced Holy priest who play holy most of the time. We tried to get our priest to heal in holy but he wasnt comfortable enough and we were pretty sure that his dps along with Discproness would make up for it.

To sum it up. Almost everything is possible, but a rly good priest is to prefer for Garrosh HC no matter spec.
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2013-10-22 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    Our Disc+Holy combo with Resto Druid 3h is performing great right now. Our other raiding group is using a Disc(/Holy)/Resto Druid combo with Holy Pala 3h.