Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if you could revisit these old dungeons and have a small chance at acquiring an item that scales back up to 90 when you exit?

Level 90 Perditions blade -Chance on hit to inflict 25,000 to 75,000 fire damage.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I dont see how anyone really wants to spend extended time in old content when they can just blitz through them with toons which outlevel the content.

The only reason i can see is nostalgia.

The nostalgic among those still playing would enjoy a run through this old right... but i thought nostalgia was a dirty word after some recent volatile threads on the subject...
    Nostalgia is very strong with a lot of people. By itself nostalgia isn't a bad thing although it leads to some people demanding things that Blizzard has indicated several dozen times that are unlikely to happen. That's where the volatility comes in. Comparing something like this that makes old dungeons (and possibly raids) runnable with friends and relevant for people who have never run them at an appropriate level--or who might enjoy revisiting them from time to time--to demands for vanilla/BC servers isn't terribly useful.

Some people who write on forums enjoy seeing sensible ideas that might improve the game, not the same retreading of old stuff that's basically settled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If it were up to me then it would scale you down to the maximum level of a zone to quest there.
    Maybe on a quest by quest basis or something. That should be optional too since it would likely be controlled at the zone level. Honestly, I don't want forays into Elwynn Forest to collect some copper to be a life and death struggle for my 90.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I agree with Anarchor. Remember when Cataclysm launched you could see "9 new dungeons" of which 2 were revamped old ones (Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines). I can see that with this feature you'll see in upcoming expansion "Over 40 new dungeons to explore".
    How many new dungeons were there in MoP, and how many recycled? And how many of those "new" ones didn't use existing outdoor areas. And remember that most Cata dungeons were also 2-3 times longer than MoP dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Nostalgia is very strong with a lot of people. By itself nostalgia isn't a bad thing although it leads to some people demanding things that Blizzard has indicated several dozen times that are unlikely to happen. That's where the volatility comes in. Comparing something like this that makes old dungeons (and possibly raids) runnable with friends and relevant for people who have never run them at an appropriate level--or who might enjoy revisiting them from time to time--to demands for vanilla/BC servers isn't terribly useful.
    So i was right... the only people who will backtrack and run the dungeons with their maxed out toons are those who want a little nostalgia with their freinds... i cant help but think this is a small group of players, and therefore means not many people will use it.

Im pretty sure that new players wont want to drop levels to run dungeons that they can blitz thorough now theyve outlevelled the instance. Outside of the small group of nostalgics its a pointless feature imo.

As i said previously... if Wow had been built from the start around every zone being scaled then the entire game would function correctly with scaling. As scaling hasnt been anywhere in the game design itll have so many problems i cant see much point it in...

Deleted
    Ehm aint this is the new feature implented in 5.4 to can scale down your gear in lower instances some ppl miss the front pages seems

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    So i was right... the only people who will backtrack and run the dungeons with their maxed out toons are those who want a little nostalgia with their freinds... i cant help but think this is a small group of players, and therefore means not many people will use it.
    In Rift it's used pretty often. It really widens up the amount of dungeons available to you at any given time, and it shortens up your queue times significantly. In WoW I think it will help with tank/healer queue times because really tanking and healing lower level stuff is not all that challenging, so hopefully it encourages players who might have otherwise stuck to a DPS role to give tanking/healing a try.

Balance is important. You'll want end game players leveled down to not feel too weak or too powerful.