Poll: Choose!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    What about a single spec only?

Where's the rule that if a Demon Hunter is implemented, it MUST have 3 specs?

Make it a traditional MDPS WC3 Demon Hunter with a single spec. You want to play a DH? Then you be that.
    I agree with this. I'd much prefer new classes based on specific heroes have a specific skill set. With the current spec choosing system it would be more entertaining to have one spec with a ton of special talents to choose from than a class with 3 specs and a handful of talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love Demon Hunters so much and I want them to be a hero class again or even a low level class would not make sense.

Still I think the names for the specs should be; Wrathbringer for Tanking, Hellbourne for Ranged DPS, and finally for people who don't want to tank, but want to do some sick DPS damage would be called Shadowfury. A fourth spec would be have to work in, but I think after this to I would love a Demon Hunter more than a Death Knight.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    So many limited choices!!!

None of the above?

I want a non-mana ranged class.
    Mechanical-based ranged class ftw.

Its important to note that Blizzard has clearly designed the Demonology Warlock tree to be styled after Illidan Stormrage. Moving forward, you're probably going to be seeing more abilities getting pulled from the Illidan raid boss, and placed in the Demonology tree, as well as a even further expansion of Metamorphosis.

Anyone thinking that Blizzard is going to revert that design direction in order to shoe-horn a half-baked Demon Hunter class concept is fooling themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd like them to hurry up and bring the class to WoW, so we don't have to read 532 variants of the same thread.
    There's been much more than that.

Ranged physical, tank, melee
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "unsub from wow" spec
    The "really, you rolled one of these pandering wastes of resources?"
    And the "I wanna suck illidan's dick"
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Its important to note that Blizzard has clearly designed the Demonology Warlock tree to be styled after Illidan Stormrage. Moving forward, you're probably going to be seeing more abilities getting pulled from the Illidan raid boss, and placed in the Demonology tree, as well as a even further expansion of Metamorphosis.

Anyone thinking that Blizzard is going to revert that design direction in order to shoe-horn a half-baked Demon Hunter class concept is fooling themselves.
    I don't care either way if they add Demon Hunters. And I love the idea of getting abilities from Illidan on my Warlock.

But I absolutely am 100% certain that Demon Hunters will for sure be a playable class in WoW before all is said and done. It's just too popular a request.

They said they added Pandaren because those were by far the most requested race -- which I'm sure is the case because what reason would they have to lie about that. But I see Demon Hunter threads every day, whereas I can't recall seeing any Pandaren threads until just before MoP was officially announced.

Really, there are very few things that could have a long-retired Vanilla/BC vet even consider checking out a WoW free trial even to see what's up, and playable Demon Hunter is probably at the top of that list.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Why no Spell DPS, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS Option?
    <inactive>

Why demon hunter class when they can make it a spec for hunter? remove MM because is a mess since cataclysm and give them a spec without pets, the gameplay should be something different from sv and bm, instead of spaming cobra and the instant ability from the spec, it will be something more active like brewmaster monk, comboing abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Melle DPS/Melle DPS/Tank.

Warcraft Deamon Hunter as a caster...srsly o_0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't care either way if they add Demon Hunters. And I love the idea of getting abilities from Illidan on my Warlock.

But I absolutely am 100% certain that Demon Hunters will for sure be a playable class in WoW before all is said and done. It's just too popular a request.

They said they added Pandaren because those were by far the most requested race -- which I'm sure is the case because what reason would they have to lie about that. But I see Demon Hunter threads every day, whereas I can't recall seeing any Pandaren threads until just before MoP was officially announced.

Really, there are very few things that could have a long-retired Vanilla/BC vet even consider checking out a WoW free trial even to see what's up, and playable Demon Hunter is probably at the top of that list.
    I agree, they will add Demon Hunters.... As a Warlock spec, not a stand alone class.

Deleted
    spell dps, ranged dps, melee dps

I think some kind of half ranged spell/melee dps could work well for demon hunters.
    <inactive>

I just want a DH hero class already, as long as it has a melee spec and maybe a tank spec.

Deleted
    Tank - this is a must, there are still too few tanks and demon hunter fits as a tank, as they use the pain to empower them.
    Melee dps - this is the core of demon hunters, so it's a must, but it could be a spell melee dps with demon hunters using their spells.
    Ranged physical dps - similar to the demon hunter of diablo 3, only this one would also fit the archetype of dark rangers and such.

Basically, it would be:
    Tank - Warden
    Melee dps - Demon Hunter
    Ranged dps - Dark Ranger

I'd like to see a ranged dps where the demon hunter makes his glaives float through the air and fly to the target while the demon hunter goes through the attack animations from a distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    ranged physical dps/ranged tank/melee dps
    oh but OP got banned :X
    PM me weird stuff :3

As long as there is a dual-wielding tank spec, I'd be content.

Even though I voted differently, given Blizzard's history I imagine they'd do dual-wield tank/dual-wield dps/two-hander dps. That just seems to be how they think.

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Except that Illidan is the "inspiration" for the potential DH class.

...and unlike most WC3 inspired classes he was implemented in WOW as an NPC/Boss so the creation of the class would probably be more from the actual implementation of Illidan in the game rather than WC3.

Basically he has no Warlock abilities.

Now you try and draw comparisons...ok.

Glyphed Consecrate is Death and Decay

Shadow Bolt and Fireball...essentially same thing.

We can go on and on and on if you want to talk similar class mechanics/abilities...
    if you really really want to look just at illidan, than compare the lich king with death knights.

death knights don't have defile, or shadow traps, or fury of the frostmourne, or summon val'kyr. in fact, the only skill from the lich king that death knights have is the remorseless winter, which was added AFTER WotLK.

guess who got illidan's metamorphosis right after our fight with illidan?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Don't think I wanna play one... but what would make most sense is probably a Melee DPS / Melee DPS / Tank.
    The 2 melee dps speccs should both rely heavily on magic, one shadow (drains, weakening of your oponent), the other fel-magic (fire etc.).