Help with heroic protectors 10

Hi,

So yesterday my guild had a couple of hours of progress on Heroic protectors 10man. We had two attempts where we hit the enrage timer with the bosses around 5%, (attempts 3 and 10 in the log) so we're getting there. However being so close just makes me want to squeeeze out the most of my dps in that encounter, and I was hoping someone could check my performance.
    Logs from yesterday: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-khk0l6769bew5dhc/

We're two DK tanks (im Hrungne). I tank He, and during Rook's intermission phase I also tank the defiled ground mob.
    Stacking the bosses up for cleaves as much as possible, while trying to place the poison puddles so they dont interfere with the raid stacking during Sun's intermission.
    These last two resets I have converted from mastery/haste to avoidance, and going full parry I'm now close to 50% avoidance. Really noticing the increase in crits, and I love it

Anyways, hope its not too much to ask, and would love some tips on what I can improve so I wont have to scroll so far down the rankings to find my name once we kill these bastards.

Thanks,

Hrungne

Get your other tank to go avoidance as well and you will almost have your 5% right there. I have only tanked He myself but both times I have done it our Rook tank smashes me in the damage department.

Your damage looks pretty good for tanking He, you could have gotten a few more Soul Reapers in there though. AMS works well when He is using instant poison, you will be flooded with runic Power.

As you said you need to be keeping He stacked with the other two any time that he is not using Noxious poison. This will help with everyone else's dps, hopefully getting that little bit extra.

Good luck with the next attempts

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could 2 heal it. If you insist on 3 healing it your disc priest could be much more aggressive doing damage and your resto druid could use HoTW to damage twice during the fight.

Your other tank should be doing much more damage than 160k, is he gearing avoidance like you are?

Thanks for the replies. Will try to improve on the soul reaper bit In regards to AMS, I picked up the regenerative magic glyph, so now I'm pretty much trying to use it "more often than before", knowing that I will get some reduced CD in return in case i used it at a bad time. I will also vent the idea that our healers can be more agressive, but as it is they are running close to oom after about 7-8 minutes. I can't really say if the raid is taking unnecessary damage though, as I'm pretty much alone in melee with the other tank, or kiting the defile ground mob away over to the side.

The other tank is still mastery oriented, but he got the shoulders from Immerseus yesterday (heroic warforged even) so I'm hoping that those, plus some stinging comments from me, will be enough to push him over

Deleted
    Well to be honest you're doing good dps as a tank, but your Shaman is doing very low dps. He should be able to put out over 235k dps, easy. There's so many smaller adds that makes it easy for his Chain Lightning to do insane dmg. I don't know what iLvl he got, if he's normal healer or how good the stats for him is. But consider taking a better dps or insist that he should pull at least 200k dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Using an addon like WeakAuras or TellMeWhen for tracking Soul Reaper helped me a lot, I just set it up to show up when Soul Reaper is usable (eg >=1 bloodrune) and my target is <=36% (to get a slight leeway, usually you can start at 36-37% and the target does sub35 during those 6 seconds, esp. with adds).

Otherwise you look fine, only little thing I noticed, you could use Empower Rune Weapon more often (1 cast in 10:25). I try to use it at the pull with DRW up and later during execute again with DRW up (and 2nd pot). or inbetween for an emergency double DS.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Deleted
    Seems you guys are doing allright allready so...
    Your priest specs disc and the boss is down.
    Good luck.

credit given where credit is due :P

I just took a quick glance at both of the 10M+ attempts and there's not much I would suggest for you to do differently rather than making sure you're taking He in cleave range of Sun/Rook during his instant poison/no poison phases.
    But looking @ your dmg done to both He and Rook I imagine you're already doing that.

The other Blood DK on the other hand...
    1. Spec into Desecrated Ground (Use before Vengeful Strikes cast to avoid stun.)
    2. Glyph IBF (Use before Vengeful Strikes cast to avoid stun.)
    -One of the parses he only used IBF once
    3. As someone already mentioned above, avoidance build = huge DPS increase.
    4. Rook can be tanked in cleave range as well. Just make sure to drag him away from the raid/center before Clash goes off (his kick.)

Didnt get the kill tonight either, sadly. Two more tries where we wiped below 8%, and rest just dying to failed interrupts and whatnot.
    NEXT WEEK!
    Thanks again for the input

Deleted
    Have the tank doing most damage (you) tank Rook, since that tank will have a much higher damage output.
    Else all i see is your other tank, not doing, army on pull, DRW, D&D and ghoul.
    Plus both of you can change to dps cloak. that is a personal 5-8% dps increase.
    You guys should be able to push to around 300k dps, atleast for the rook tank. and around 225-250 for the he tank.
    Gl