Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tower of Nightmares - October 29th patch

October 29, 2013

A toxic seed has been sown.
    Guarded by magic, fed with evil, it grows.

Events

BEHIND THE VEIL
    Some new trouble is growing in Kessex Hills. Carefully hidden by magic, the krait have been working tirelessly on a terror unlike anything seen before in Tyria. Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer Meade are investigating the illusory curtain that’s cloaking part of Viathan Lake, and they need your help! What secret lies behind the veil?

DEVELOPER LIVESTREAM – OCTOBER 28
    Take a sneak peak at the Tower of Nightmares release with ArenaNet devs during the preview livestream on our Twitch channel on Monday, October 28 at 12PM PDT.

Rewards

Antitoxin Spray
    Prepare for battle with a new universal healing skill! A dose of this cutting-edge Antitoxin Spray will cleanse yourself and nearby allies of poison, torment, confusion, and toxin. This skill is available to characters of all professions.

Krait Obelisk Shard
    Complete the Tower of Nightmares meta achievement to receive a Krait Obelisk Shard for your home instances, which can serve as a place of power for earning a skill point or charging Quartz Crystals!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...tober-29-2013/

PATCH NOTES: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...tober-29-2013/
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-10-29 at 04:51 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Krait + lake = underwater Krait.

Hell 'effin no!

There was no enemy in GW2 quite so infuriating as the those underwater Krait. Especially the undead Krait. All the curse words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Krait + lake = underwater Krait.

Hell 'effin no!

There was no enemy in GW2 quite so infuriating as the those underwater Krait. Especially the undead Krait. All the curse words.
    As a necromancer I have nothing against underwater combat. XD (I know it is pain for some professions)

But that patch looks cool. Most likely tower will be instanced... tho not much info is given. Is it new dungeon or just area.

I don't get why they'd put in more underwater combat, I mean my ranger will be happy since they are the gods of water combat but I just hate the orientation and all that stuff...

If normal combat isn't balanced, why start with underwater combat where it's even worse?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    As a necromancer I have nothing against underwater combat. XD (I know it is pain for some professions)

But that patch looks cool. Most likely tower will be instanced... tho not much info is given. Is it new dungeon or just area.

Looks like a new dungeon. A truly terrifying jumping puzzle dungeon of death. I have this bloody terror of krait and their damned towers.
    /whimper

Interesting that we will get a new healing skill.
    Valar morghulis

I expect the new healing skill to have a bogus long CD like 40 seconds, making it nothing more then a cosmetic then an actual useful skill.

If any of this is underwater Anet can go fuck themselves. They need to redo underwater combat since its clear they never bothered to polish it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Looks like a new dungeon. A truly terrifying jumping puzzle dungeon of death. I have this bloody terror of krait and their damned towers.
    /whimper

Interesting that we will get a new healing skill.
    Hah, will be fun for you then. ^_^ I fight kraits just for fun and action pictures.

Also it looks like it will not be underwater (at least not all of it).

Also new weapons?

Wonder what happened to the krait to make them look like that and why they are working with the nightmare court....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So a free skill point every day for your account...that's nifty. Have they done that before? Either way that's pretty awesome. Dang it, they're going to have me getting on to do another meta. Those jerks. I've got lots of games to play and little time! Stop making compelling things for me to do.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wonder what happened to the krait to make them look like that and why they are working with the nightmare court....
    Well, uhm... new healing skill says:
    Antitoxin Spray
    Prepare for battle with a new universal healing skill! A dose of this cutting-edge Antitoxin Spray will cleanse yourself and nearby allies of poison, torment, confusion, and toxin. This skill is available to characters of all professions.
    What is toxin? New condition? Poison was mentioned so it is not synonym for that. Anyway, that could have something to do with these weird looking kraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Well, uhm... new healing skill says:

What is toxin? New condition? Poison was mentioned so it is not synonym for that. Anyway, that could have something to do with these weird looking kraits.
    Prob a tower of nightmare only mechanic. So its useful for 4 weeks till they remove the tower :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prob a tower of nightmare only mechanic. So its useful for 4 weeks till they remove the tower :P
    Until they add the mechanic to every new encounter they design for arbitrary reasons because hey, they spent time programming that stuff. SAB 3 - Now with more toxin!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Until they add the mechanic to every new encounter they design for arbitrary reasons because hey, they spent time programming that stuff. SAB 3 - Now with more toxin!
    Tequatal should of had agony

maybe their new ally is the Mursaat

wishful thinking, it probably will be harley quinn, err I mean Scarlet

*yawn*

Probably won't even give this update a second glance. Between Battlefield 4 and Batman: Arkham Origins, I'll have all my time taken up playing better games than GW2. I've already lost all hope in Anet and their ability to make a good game anymore. The "redo" of Halloween this year sealed the deal for me. Anet no longer knows how to effectively develop a game.

thanks for telling us Zephyr, I was waiting in anticipation to know what you were up to and what games you are playing instead of GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    1st new skill doesnt seem that exciting considering my guard and warrior have similar heal options (condition removal wise) for themselves but it might bring some excellent group utility for professions w/o party heals, the only things that would determine how decent it is are the cooldown and heal amount. Im still hoping for better grandmaster traits for some traitlines like Zeal on guardian ( which are completely useless unless you play a gimmicky condition build cause guards only have burning and spirit weapons suck now that they are killable in pve and wvw)
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2013-10-22 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    thanks for telling us Zephyr, I was waiting in anticipation to know what you were up to and what games you are playing instead of GW2.
    You are most welcome. And thank you for your equally "useless" reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You are most welcome. And thank you for your equally "useless" reply.
    indeed, have a nice day, and hopefully you can find solace in your new found gaming utopia

I expect the new healing skill to have a bogus long CD like 40 seconds, making it nothing more then a cosmetic then an actual useful skill.
    I expect that it won't be just that. Per ArenaNet's long term plans:

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet
    We’ll begin regularly adding new skills and traits to the game for each profession to expand your characters and builds! You will be able to earn these new traits and skills by unlocking them. To go along with this, we’ll expand the content and options to earn skill points to help encourage players to experience different challenges and content throughout the world. These skills and traits will be designed to be balanced with the existing skills/traits we currently have in the game, and will simply compliment and expand the range of abilities and tactics available to each profession. Both WvW and PvE players can acquire skills and traits, and additional means of earning skill points will be addressed for both core content areas.

The regular addition of skills and traits that you can earn as you play provides us an extremely stable, easily expandable reward system that fits neatly into the pillars of progression and advancement that Guild Wars 2 are all about. Your character will be able to grow and change for years to come without invalidating everything you’ve earned so far.
    This is likely the beginning of their skill/trait-based horizontal progression scheme.