Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Actually I'd say the opposite. Name any other game that after 10 years is still running.
    for the sake of conversation; RuneScape.

Great news! I was afraid that the botting companies were located in other countries / parts of the world where blizz couldn't touch em. Hopefully this will scare off some other companies.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Ceiling Fan Software is accepting donations to assist with "outstanding legal fees".
    Hahaha, this is hilarious.

Serves them totally right.
    Get lost.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-10-23 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    Blizzard has done far more to damage the game then every other company combined x1000. That's why they have lost almost 50% of their subs now since TBC.
    Joke of the year. If they wanted to damage it for some people - simple - make it hard again - take away all the helpful things for all the little kiddies who play and think they are big boys because they play WOW in 2013 - let them try the version from 6-7 years ago. The would run crying to their mummies to have their little faces wiped clean of tears.

Actually I'd say the opposite. Name any other game that after 10 years is still running.
    WOW is not yet ten years old in the sub based market Eve Online is still going strong after celebrating its tenth anniversary then of course there is EQ, Second Life, Asheron's Call, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    for the sake of conversation; RuneScape.

Great news! I was afraid that the botting companies were located in other countries / parts of the world where blizz couldn't touch em. Hopefully this will scare off some other companies.

actually curious, how many active members does runescape have (paying members, not F2P)

Eve: online. Has been going for over 10 years now (launched before WoW, and recently hit a new peak of over 500.000 subs in February.

Deleted
    Although I agree with the point you're making... FIFA, Call of Duty and as stated above Runescape are three I can name immediately. And before you go "they are all new games" WoW is still not in vanilla stage, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Joke of the year. If they wanted to damage it for some people - simple - make it hard again - take away all the helpful things for all the little kiddies who play and think they are big boys because they play WOW in 2013 - let them try the version from 6-7 years ago. The would run crying to their mummies to have their little faces wiped clean of tears.
    Hyperbole thy name is Saffa

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Won't help at all, more/new will come they have definitely made shitloads of money and more than 7 million.
    Oh yes, this kind of news can change something.

Before : people think Blizzard does nothing about bots -> free $$$ to gain from some easily mass-industrialized thing.
    After : people know doing this can f*** their whole life up. Just imagine getting a $7m fine. This will surely make some people think twice before trying to do some "industrialized botting".

May not change anything on players who only do this on their own account without any commercial activity linked to it, but they're kind of the minor part of the problem here.

And blizzard should get rid of bots entirely instead of letting them be there for 5 years ++
    Sadly, this is VERY far from being easy, and yes, I'm talking from experience, having implemented (and countered) multiple anti-bots systems for eAthena. I'd argue that "getting rid of all bots" is plain and simply impossible.

(which by the way is yet another answer to "Name any other game that after 10 years is still running", Ragnarok Online is 11 years old now, and still running and being frequently updated in quite a lot of countries)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gee i used to buy gold all the time so i don't spend time doing the same thing over and over a million times just to get gold for repairs. I only used the gold for guild repairs thats about it i never bought anything in the AH since i gotten my stuff in raids. On a full time job i make 70g a day days off 400g since it gets boring doing the same thing pretty much almost 600g a week without wipes.

Quite a few really. Lets pick one at random. Ultima Online is a sub based mmo that has been running 15 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tibia have been up and running since January 1997, the user base have dropped significantly the past years tho, but it's still running and receiving regular content patches. : p
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-10-23 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't help at all, more/new will come they have definitely made shitloads of money and more than 7 million.

And blizzard should get rid of bots entirely instead of letting them be there for 5 years ++
    Isn't that why they sued them? So that the company can not operate any longer. If they patch the game to break the bots the bot company has a new version out within a few hours.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    actually curious, how many active members does runescape have (paying members, not F2P)
    well peggle, my sneaky merchant. RuneScape currently has around 450k-500k Members and an unknown(to me) number of F2p players.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    ultima online? everquest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Quite a few really. Lets pick one at random. Ultima Online is a sub based mmo that has been running 15 years now.
    wasn't UO the FIRST mmo?

I am a bit puzzled by briga's question - perhaps he learned something new from it?

The entire demand for gold in wow (which drives most gatherbotting) always puzzles me, how are there that many people wanting to pay for it with all the risks associated?
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2013-10-23 at 01:09 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the off-topic posting, please. The topic has nothing to do with sub counts or trolling statements that "Blizzard has damaged the game". It's about the lawsuit against the botting companies. Keep it at that

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

If they get ride of botters they'll lose about 10% (probably way more) of the base players.

Most of botters wouldn't see themselves playing the game without the bot anymore, simply because it allows people to have a life and also play the game at some high level.
    Another important point is that most of botters own SEVERAL accounts.

To be honest, get ride of BGb..bots, that's the real problem here.

Who cares about farming bots? They are definitely making your life easier in wow, dropping prices quite low so you can buy anything. Remove bots and prepare to a never seen before prices sky rocket.

Trust me, you want bots, they want bots

Hopefully this discourages other bot companies
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    "both pursue our right to operate and our customer's right to play WoW as they choose"
    Seems this company missed the concept of TOS and EULAs.