Poll: Would you like the idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How about a Remake for Warcraft I and II?

Since there are no plans for a new RTS game of the Warcraft Universe (AKA Warcraft 4), how about a remake of the first titles? A lot of things has changed along the years in the lore and it would be great to see the story of the first and second Wars retold with details and all the stuff...What did you think?

I would rather see a proper Warcraft IV, or maybe a WoW mini game styled after WC1, than a full on remake. There's enough out of game lore for the earlier games, and wikis and such, that I really see no value in looking back.

Anyway, Blizzard still SELL Warcraft 3 (I see battlechests and frozen throne boxes on shelves where I live)....what incentive do they have to remake it when the original (apparently) still sells?
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I would rather see a proper Warcraft IV, or maybe a WoW mini game styled after WC1, than a full on remake. There's enough out of game lore for the earlier games, and wikis and such, that I really see no value in looking back.

Anyway, Blizzard still SELL Warcraft 3 (I see battlechests and frozen throne boxes on shelves where I live)....what incentive do they have to remake it when the original (apparently) still sells?
    Icaras..Ikkarus...Oh wathever...
    I was talking about the old Warcraft Orcs and Humans, and Warcraft II Tides of Darkness not Warcraft III..

no need for it, the old games hold up fine would just be a waste of time and money to revamp them

I'd love a complete HD remake for all of the Warcraft RTS games, all in one box. Have the graphics up to par with SC2. But I wouldn't want them to change anything major, just give it the HD deal.
    Fuck I'll play $60 for something like that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Would you be satisfied with a SC2 mod that just pulled WoW models and retold the story?

I'd definitely play a remake, but I'd rather they spend the resources to make something completely new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'd love a complete HD remake for all of the Warcraft RTS games, all in one box. Have the graphics up to par with SC2. But I wouldn't want them to change anything major, just give it the HD deal.
    Fuck I'll play $60 for something like that.
    damn the modding on war3 would boom once more with a new editor(the sc2 one) and better graphics. Sc2 mods don't really compare to anything warcraft had, not yet at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Would you be satisfied with a SC2 mod that just pulled WoW models and retold the story?
    Would adore something of the sort.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

why only 1 and 2? 3 is pretty outdated to.

redo all 3 and sell them as the warcraft trilogy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    damn the modding on war3 would boom once more with a new editor(the sc2 one) and better graphics. Sc2 mods don't really compare to anything warcraft had, not yet at least.
    Completely agree. The only reason SC2 even has a modding scene was because of WC3. Many of it's mods are based on past mods from WC3.
    A HD remake of WC3 with a even better editor in my opinion bring about the next DotA game, as in create a whole new type of game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    yes, that would be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Lore has changed to much since then. They would have to make the game from scratch to make it fit into lore now days.
    Aye mate

Remake them (maybe with updated lore, as Airwaves says) for iPad/tablets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Remake them (maybe with updated lore, as Airwaves says) for iPad/tablets.
    i'd vote yes for that, too. the lore doesn't really have that much impact on me, i just like the style and the gameplay of it. just like World of warcraft more or less.

Fair point re: WCIII (I misread the title) but otherwise I still would really rather not see a remake, versus complete new games.

(And yes, I did notice ur name Op and have a bit of a laugh. In game I've only come across somebody with a similar spelling once in a heroic, and that was during wrath. I think I even took a screen of him ,lol. I've yet to be paired up with any other "Icaras", though last time I checked there were only 2 others besides me at level 90)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Better graphics, updated lore, etc. YES!!!

The only one that needs a remake is Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2 is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to remake good old games..

Just look at Leisuresuit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizard.. The original 640x400X16 or 320x200x256 with text input was EPIC.
    The 800x600x64k with mouse input was CRAP!!

Leave old games alone...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Considering all the rewrites needing to get around all their mensions of god, hell and so on i think they would basically need to "wow-ify" them which i dont think wc1 and 2 fans would appreciate.