Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    GoSac an imp so you can dispel yourself, also take soul link, glyph unending resolve and havoc. For the kite phases spec KJC and chase that dino spamming incin, when he changes target in the kite phases (or is at low speed) you have time to chaos bolt and keep immo up (just avoid getting eaten fyi), also at the start of the kite phases as others have mentioned you can havoc the jailor and get some free dmg off.

Use you first ds pretty much on the pull with trinkets etc, the first unending resolve on about 8 stacks to fire off the chaos bolts you have by now with no chance of been interrupted during that time, if you wait for procs you’re going to end up having it come off cd too late for the bats. Assuming your raid takes the first phase to about 16 stacks before grouping and takes the kite phase on for a good while, you will have ds back off cd as well as unending resolve for when the bats spawn. When they pop up get a hand of salv, pop your potion, ds, infernal, and unending resolve as and when needed. Spam FnB's till the bats are in snipe range then havoc the boss and shadowfury like mad, when they are dead you have time to spam some chaos bolts or run away if your first targeted, the rest of the fights pretty rinse and repeat, if your raid dps is good it's all pretty straight forward, you can always tag the yeti with havoc for some more free dmg.

Changing the way you’re using unending resolve will most likely be your biggest immediate qol improvement in terms of getting more out dmg from your lock on the bats and the boss. As destro you can put out a lot of damage on the bats, depending a fair bit on trinkets and such like you should get good numbers compared with other classes, sniping shadowburnx6 and ending with full embers is pretty dam nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dissidence View Post
    GoSac an imp so you can dispel yourself, also take soul link, glyph unending resolve and havoc. For the kite phases spec KJC and chase that dino spamming incin, when he changes target in the kite phases (or is at low speed) you have time to chaos bolt and keep immo up (just avoid getting eaten fyi), also at the start of the kite phases as others have mentioned you can havoc the jailor and get some free dmg off.

Use you first ds pretty much on the pull with trinkets etc, the first unending resolve on about 8 stacks to fire off the chaos bolts you have by now with no chance of been interrupted during that time, if you wait for procs you’re going to end up having it come off cd too late for the bats. Assuming your raid takes the first phase to about 16 stacks before grouping and takes the kite phase on for a good while, you will have ds back off cd as well as unending resolve for when the bats spawn. When they pop up get a hand of salv, pop your potion, ds, infernal, and unending resolve as and when needed. Spam FnB's till the bats are in snipe range then havoc the boss and shadowfury like mad, when they are dead you have time to spam some chaos bolts or run away if your first targeted, the rest of the fights pretty rinse and repeat, if your raid dps is good it's all pretty straight forward, you can always tag the yeti with havoc for some more free dmg.

Changing the way you’re using unending resolve will most likely be your biggest immediate qol improvement in terms of getting more out dmg from your lock on the bats and the boss. As destro you can put out a lot of damage on the bats, depending a fair bit on trinkets and such like you should get good numbers compared with other classes, sniping shadowburnx6 and ending with full embers is pretty dam nice.
    I agree with everything other than the infernal especially if it is your first kill. The extra damage from popping your DG at the start should be worth more on the boss which is what matters. I don't think anyone has any issues with bats past the few first times seeing them spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I don't see any point of going destro for Thok.

Even on 10man, there are other ppl to take care of bats, and the dps only on boss it's not wrong when u need it to kill the damn Dino monster.

You can go destro for Thok, but it's for sure it's hard to have a good dps that way.
    On 10H, the top 40 for Destro and Affliction are almost identical in dps. This just means that you have to decide what brings more to the table. Both are extremely competent.

Is it 10 man or 25 man that you do this?

On 25 man, if you have enough paladins chaining devo aura, and you take glyph of unending resolve (2 min cooldown 20% reduction), you're pretty much free to spam away regardless of spec. Also, keep an eye on your pet during the kite phase, it can occasionally chase the boss, run out of range and despawn, 9 times out of 10, its the reason your pet "dies" during the fight. Otherwie, if you are actually having problems keeping your pet alive, the above comments are good, but you can also choose to run the minor glyph, glyph of health funnel. This will give your pet 15% hp without you having to channel it (I take it on juggernaught also, cause we do the get knocked to the back strat in phase 2).

On 10 man, if your dps is decent enough, you can do the fight an unorthodox way (how we do it) and don't even bother opening the bat cage. We go normal -> frost + yeti -> fire -> dead. This would give you the chance to go GoSac without having to worry about dispells during the encounter. Also, improving your haste rating a little to reduce cast times isn't a bad choice, the difference between crit and haste is so marginal, it's not worth talking about, and if it means you can get off casts without interuption, it will obviously mean a dps increase.

I've been Destro for the past few kills.

What is important to Destro imo is GLYPHED Havoc. You can get 2 CBs on the Jailer, and I can rarely get 3 SBs anyway because once it hits 20% it dies.

For Bat AoE, UR + AoE spam, havoc on Thok, and it should be very easy to get 6 shadowburns off on the bats. So I'd disagree that destro is primarily used for 'taking care of the bats', because you can make up for the damage in shadowburns.

Played Destruction on our 10 H Thok kill because Affliction is the most boring spec in the fucking game. Just have to have good timing with your incinerates and use 2 minute Unending Resolve + Devo Aura for Chaos Bolt dumps. Also I use my Unending Resolve when bats come out so I can just shove my throbbing warlock d all up them.

Deleted
    Destro is better if your group needs the AoE, else Aff is better (I have to go Sup as Destro aswell cause our healers can't manage dispelling zzzzz).

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I don't see any point of going destro for Thok.

Even on 10man, there are other ppl to take care of bats, and the dps only on boss it's not wrong when u need it to kill the damn Dino monster.

You can go destro for Thok, but it's for sure it's hard to have a good dps that way.

Who are these "other people" to take care of the bats? Destro is easily one of the strongest on bats and bats dps is easily one of the most important parts of the encounter during progression.

I would think it the other way around, there are other classes for boss dmg, we are strong on both.

Even with 3.6k haste, the only spell I can not cast in my rotation at max Acceleration is non backdraft Chaos bolt. I find (for destro) that haste is one of the worst stats for this fight, since everything in your rotation fits in the cast window without it, and you can not gain the benefits of haste since you're not chain casting.

I find KJC staple on this fight for Destro and personally don't feel AD is a dps increase.

How many stacks are you all taking p1 on 10m? We are working on it now and I think our RL is trying to get way too many stacks (currently shooting for like 25 or so). Since we are so far into the tier it doesn't seem like we should need to push it that far as we should have plenty of gear to beat the enrage timer (note - all of our dps typically rank or come close to ranking on every fight just to give an idea of our dps level). Just fyi we are 3 healing it with 2 MS healers (pally and disc) and 1 OS healer (druid).

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    How many stacks are you all taking p1 on 10m? We are working on it now and I think our RL is trying to get way too many stacks (currently shooting for like 25 or so). Since we are so far into the tier it doesn't seem like we should need to push it that far as we should have plenty of gear to beat the enrage timer (note - all of our dps typically rank or come close to ranking on every fight just to give an idea of our dps level). Just fyi we are 3 healing it with 2 MS healers (pally and disc) and 1 OS healer (druid).
    What % are you reaching in the first phase? Think I mentioned it before somewhere in this post, but if you are struggling to deal with bats, and your dps is high enough (which you seem to be implying) then you can just skip the bat cage, and just kill the boss out right from there. When we enter p1 for the second time, the boss is on roughly 50%, and as far as I know, we reach around 20-25 stacks.

We keep constantly losing people during p1 (actually seems to be in the teens we lose someone and so my guess is we have a CD stacking issue somewhere) and so we tend to wipe it shortly thereafter. I was thinking the bosses health was like 70% or high 60% before we even start the first kite but I cant remember. We have only gotten to the bats a few times and haven't had everyone alive for them yet but I don't see that as being a big deal. I think once we get past the first stack up on a regular basis the boss should go down quickly.

Boss have more health than you can see as he heals for quite a few mln each time he eats prisoner.