Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    I'm still taken aback that a white person actually condemned another white person for being racist on MMO-Champ. Today is a new day.
    yea that doesn't smack of prejudges at all...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Ok so lets make a generalization of black people in detroit using an observation of the demographic in the city and the attitude of the people there.
    That's a regular thing on MMO-Champ, though. Which, strangely enough, doesn't generate nearly as much outrage as when two or three people say something slightly critical about white people. Wonder why that is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa that's like totally racist.
    You also changed your avatar?
    yep. I am now the kickass representative of love and justice! in the name of the moon, I shall punish...everyone!

Ok so lets make a generalization of black people in detroit using an observation of the demographic in the city and the attitude of the people there.
    Again I am speaking of a very small area (a forum) and a small section of culture (gamer culture) an even comparison would be a forum with a lot of black people that have a certain attitude. I don't know why you people can't make similar analogies, it's pathetic...

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a regular thing on MMO-Champ, though. Which, strangely enough, doesn't generate nearly as much outrage as when two or three people say something slightly critical about white people. Wonder why that is?
    2 wrongs dont make a right. It just makes you look like a spiteful crusader.

September was like generalize black people month.

1st world problems everywhere. I wish memes weren't forbidden on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because you're unaware of your own confirmation bias?
    What in the fuck?!!! in september there were literally 3-6 topics a week of black person attacks white person why do black people keep doing this and why isn't it this and blah blah blah blah blah, for A WHOLE DAMN MONTH, it's not a confirmation bias. It's what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Inability to see how stereotyping against a skin colour is racist? How do you define racism then? Because thats a funny "Im not racist." Its about as not racist as hearing an offer about a free chicken give-away and stating "Well I know where all the black people in my town are going today"
    Saying that white people on these boards wouldn't condemn another for saying something racist (which is a common thing on these boards) is racist?

Because you're unaware of your own confirmation bias?
    Nah, because I'm not one of the people I was referring to in my post. Just because it's common place and I constantly point it out, that doesn't mean that I have confirmation bias.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-10-27 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Again I am speaking of a very small area (a forum) and a small section of culture (gamer culture) an even comparison would be a forum with a lot of black people that have a certain attitude. I don't know why you people can't make similar analogies, it's pathetic...
    Because then you become racist and those a racist thoughts.
    To me you are the single most racist person on these forums.
    You always are looking for a race issue, do you think all white people are racist because that is the vibe you give off.

What in the fuck?!!! in september there were literally 3-6 topics a week of black person attacks white person why do black people keep doing this and why isn't it this and blah blah blah blah blah, for A WHOLE DAMN MONTH, it's not a confirmation bias. It's what happened.
    Grats, one poster went on a crusade of stupid shit and most of the forum called him out for being stupid or just ignored his threads completely as they weren't worth the time of day.

Also you and Booshman have no idea how many people report threads for racism, I report quite many where people attack ME or Asian countries and are racist. But sorry Im a white gamer nerd living in my mums basement, I sit here throwing darts at pictures of Marting Luther King all day.

To me you are the single most racist person on these forums.
    There is quite a few people with this same exact thought.

Saying that white people on these boards wouldn't condemn another for saying something racist (which is a common thing on these boards) is racist?
    I moved the underline to show you your problem.

I dunno if it's racist, but it's a pretty stupid ass assumption.

If you understand what confirmation bias is, then there's no reason to think what you just posted disproves the assertion.
    it's not a confirmation bias... confirmation bias is paying attention to x and seeing it more because you're paying more attention to it.

AFter the Zimmerman case this place became a hotbed of racism towards blacks.

You mean after thousands of black people announced publicly they would attack white people for no reason other than George Zimmerman was free?
    People report the news, if it was white people attacking blacks it would be just as talked about at least here.

it's not racist per se, just not well thought out.

Deleted
    it's not a confirmation bias... confirmation bias is paying attention to x and seeing it more because you're paying more attention to it.

It's as if you're on completely different forum than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Grats, one poster went on a crusade of stupid shit and most of the forum called him out for being stupid or just ignored his threads completely as they weren't worth the time of day.

Also you and Booshman have no idea how many people report threads for racism, I report quite many where people attack ME or Asian countries and are racist. But sorry Im a white gamer nerd living in my mums basement, I sit here throwing darts at pictures of Marting Luther King all day.
    What that's not what happened...

lDid I say every white gamer? You seem to fail to understand my sentence.

As opposed to the real world where it became of hotbed of racism towards whites?