Deleted

Kovok, and AoE pvp pet teams in general.

The pet from the Siege of Orgrimmar raid "Kovok" ( http://www.wowhead.com/npc=73354 ) must be the strongest pet around right now.

If you combine this pet with other AoE pets, for example Pocket Reaver + Fossilized hatchling, you can win almost every pvp battle in ~4 rounds.

I guess AoE is the best way to go now, seeing as many teams seem to work this angle now.

What do you guys think about this team setup and the easy wins you get with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not bad but....if you meet a switcher /interupt team you will have a hard time hiting anything.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its not bad but....if you meet a switcher /interupt team you will have a hard time hiting anything.
    I hardly see those anymore, so it's not a big problem atm

Mostly teams with Unborn valkyr or other Kovok teams now.

I've looked at this Pheromones ability and it's just ridiculous; it's a team-wide DOT that does 156 damage to all pets per round for 3 rounds. And unlike other AOE abilities which either need to be channeled or spammed, with this you can just apply it once then carry on attacking normally as well.

This is a single ability that does over 1400 total damage in a single use. Even more to the current enemy if you comine it with Black Claw.

What the hell are Blizzard smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I've looked at this Pheromones ability and it's just ridiculous; it's a team-wide DOT that does 156 damage to all pets per round for 3 rounds. And unlike other AOE abilities which either need to be channeled or spammed, with this you can just apply it once then carry on attacking normally as well.

This is a single ability that does over 1400 total damage in a single use. Even more to the current enemy if you comine it with Black Claw.

Does it not work like the tooltip says? It says non-active pets, so the front pet shouldn't take any dmg from it at all. I don't have one yet and haven't faced one, so I can't comment on whether or not it's too strong, just curious about the tooltip and if it's wrong/bugged.

It's also not exactly the easiest pet to get either.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Does it not work like the tooltip says? It says non-active pets, so the front pet shouldn't take any dmg from it at all. I don't have one yet and haven't faced one, so I can't comment on whether or not it's too strong, just curious about the tooltip and if it's wrong/bugged.
    Black Claw+Poison will deal a buttload of damage anyway to your current pet.

Even if Kovok won't kill your current pet, your backside pets were raped by Pheromones which the enemy can easily finish off with almost any pet.

Stacking Flying pets and Mech pets may be the only solution, but there are hardly any decent flying pets around, except Chi-chi and Crow / Gilnean Raven.

And Mech pets suffer from their weakness to Elementals, everyone who has Kovok has at least one Elemental to counter any Mech pets that might hurt Kovok.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-10-31 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted

It only hits backline pets and has a 5 round CD, and is blocked by things like Decoy, can miss with things like Blinding Poison etc, does no damage under the influence of Sandstorm.

But hey. Better cry for nerfs, easier than trying to figure out how to counter it.

15+ Year Old Account

So what you're saying is "LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL"

No wonder they are going for 45k~ at level 25.

I just got this guy, saw the selling price and put him up on AH, he's coming down though.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    So what you're saying is "LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL"

No wonder they are going for 45k~ at level 25.

I just got this guy, saw the selling price and put him up on AH, he's coming down though.
    Got mine for 14k . You just need to wait for a right time (1 day after raid reset lfr overcroud ah with them)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Got mine for 14k . You just need to wait for a right time (1 day after raid reset lfr overcroud ah with them)
    Yeah I put him up for about 18k? (It dropped for me, didn't buy) Sadly didn't sell, but the two below me seem to have sold.

I think I'll keep this pet for now though, or at least level him up and sell at a higher price. Might make myself one of them fancy new Sky Golems.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature