Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are you also queueing for other lfr, 5-mans, scenarios, and bg's? The timer will keep ticking even when you're in those.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    People queue longer than that in real life for many things, including daily for food. If you have a wife you are possibly over 16 so you should have learned that if you want something you wait for it. Be glad you are sitting in comfort while you wait.
    Just curious; where do you live? I just want to make sure I avoid any place in which people wait 2-3 hours in line for food. What are you talking about?
    Last edited by Biged781; 2013-10-29 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    doesn't matter.
    lfr was created to 'fit it in a lunch break'
    1+ hour queues do not fit that critea.
    GC didn't ever say that. That was stated About being able to do 'lunch-time' dungeons, which you can do. Take your bullshit and spin it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's not that poster's method, it's everyone's. It's reality. Everyone has done it for the week. When you try to do it late in the week, expect the worst.
    Basically this. Do dailies or something while waiting. My days off are sunday/monday so I just do it then. Groups are either really bad or it takes forever just to get in. Especially now (its 12:30 am where I'm at hehe)
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

The weekend is the worst time to raid LFR by far, unless you can only do it on weekends, I'd just completely avoid the weekend for it, same goes for the AH, everything drops in price, although that has it's advantages for Tuesday and Wednesday...

The queue times in general suck, especially when you're waiting for a tank and then when you finally get one, it's one with zero gems and enchants that healers can't heal/don't want to put the extra effort in to heal someone who isn't putting effort into their own character, which is fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    Are you also queueing for other lfr, 5-mans, scenarios, and bg's? The timer will keep ticking even when you're in those.
    This. Judging by posts on queue times on forums, I have the feeling that being able to queue for multiple queues at once is a hidden feature of 5.4.

Since 5.4, at least for me, queue times for LFR have been pretty much a non-issue.

I queue for all the LFR's I need (up to 4 at a time, I think), then queue for a 5 man. I wait about 5 minutes for the 5 man queue to pop. Then after that, I don't have to wait again. As soon as I'm done with the 5 man, the LFR queue pops, when I'm done with the first wing, the next wing queue pops, then the next, and so on.

I can do 4 LFR wings and a 5 man with only about 10 minutes max of waiting, as a dps. I usually do this on the weekends during the day.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-10-28 at 05:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically your fault you got to do this shit as early as possible I'm just saying

update ghostcrawler my lunchbreak was over 3hrs ago

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...28762859_o.jpg

go on to trade chat. pay two tanks 500g each to run you through.

That UI makes me shudder.

Any ways, when you're the last person in an LFR raid, it makes sense that you'd be highest in the queue priority, since your dungeon has already started, but that doesn't seem to be the case

I tested it once. I flat out went afk and watched a movie, i could see my monitor. The raid fell apart just as it started, first the tank left, then a couple healers left, then we sat, and progressively more and more people left until i was the only one left and we were in queue for 4 hours before I finally just closed my game and went to bed.

This was before 5.4 mind you, it was in ToT ... so I'm guessing there's some kind of rare bug with that particular situation.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    You're doing it late in the week when a lot of people have already done it
    This. Try doing it early in the week for quick queues. Suicide doing it this late at night on Sunday.

So blizzard should release a tv commercial saying play wow 7 million players (subs )and dropping like a rock but make sure you use LFR on tuesdays because any other day is to late in the week thank you for you paintaince cash paying cow. now put youre head down and keep chewing nothing to see here but a dying game says the fanboi.

Quote Originally Posted by beefster View Post
    So blizzard should release a tv commercial....

No. You should accept the fact that most of the community does their business early in the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is also a bug that if your raid falls apart during the raid and you're the last one left and requeue, you actually won't be put in the queue. Found this out during wing 3 last week and left the queue going while I played ff14. 4 hours later and it didn't pop yet new ones were made (my friend queued about an hour into it for same raid without killing any bosses in that wing that week and got put in a fresh one). Leave raid and requeue is your only way if you end up with <5 in raid (we had 3 in beginning of requeue). I reported it and just queued again after leaving, took 30 min for wing 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    GC didn't ever say that. That was stated About being able to do 'lunch-time' dungeons, which you can do. Take your bullshit and spin it elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @elepheagle If you want to raid say on your lunch break, LFR works for that but flex may not.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...10529852841984

Take your own advice.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-10-28 at 05:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    No. You should accept the fact that most of the community does their business early in the week.
    He's not responding to logical posts like this, which would suggest that he's trolling. We shouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    He's not responding to logical posts like this, which would suggest that he's trolling. We shouldn't bother.

Judging by his UI and lack of punctuation, unfortunately, I do not believe he's trolling. He's genuinely pissed that the queues are this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    It was working fine (as fine as LFR can get) pre-flex.

Regardless, if you're solution is "ditch tank/healer/dps setup, just throw people at it" then Blizzard might as well drop LFR and go back to having Heroic dungeons be the way for people to get prepared for current raids..

....which I wish they did.
    Keep in mind that without LFR funneling people into raids, participation will fall off a cliff and result in smaller, less elaborate raids in the future. Which could be what you want, but to many people who "love raids" hate LFR without knowing it keeps those raids in business.

As for the topic at hand, I've routinely done Siege LFR (and every LFR before it for that matter throughout the expac) on weekends every week as DPS and my queues average between 35 and 45 minutes. This is the first week I have ever experienced a queue over an hour long, and it was close to an hour and 40 minutes; this was Friday evening. If this is widespread (not saying it is but if) it's unusual. Also, to the people saying most raid earlier in the week, what? Most casual gamers do the bulk of their gaming on the weekends when they typically have their days off i.e. Weekend Warriors.

Pay a healer or tank to queue with you. Or make a healer / tank friend. (this is supposed to be an mmo after all).

Or do what most people are doing now and hop on open raid and find a flex group in 30seconds no matter what time of day.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!