New to priest and fresh 90

As the title says I'm new to playing a healer and just hit 90 on my priest and got some timeless isle gear. I'm looking to start running ToT LFR as soon as possible to start getting some better optimized gear.

Armory Link
    What spec would be best at my current gear level? Disc or Holy?

I'm working on getting my enchants from my mage made up so I'll have those done before I start doing LFR.

Also any other suggestions would be appreciated.

On gear where your secondary stats are Mastery and Haste, you're reforging out of mastery and leaving haste alone. That's backwards, particularly at your ilvl. Haste will make you oom faster, and with 7K spirit, no regen meta gem, and crappy trinkets, haste is just a bad stat. Mastery on the other hand is a throughput stat for both specs.

For meta gems, I'd recommend the int + max mana meta instead of the spirit + increased crit.

Actually, the Int + 3% increased critical effect one is ideal for Disc (Burning Primal Diamond).

Disc will be easier when you have less stats to work with.

Check out these guides:

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4484

Thanks for the info. I do have another question though. What level of Spirit should I be aiming for in order to do atonement healing?

It really just depends. Spirit is just... too varied from priest to priest.

Anywhere from 6k to 13k depending on trinkets, raid cd's, skill, etc. You also will need ot be using spells other than just pure atonement to be as effective as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul5895 View Post
    As the title says I'm new to playing a healer and just hit 90 on my priest and got some timeless isle gear. I'm looking to start running ToT LFR as soon as possible to start getting some better optimized gear.

What spec would be best at my current gear level? Disc or Holy?
    I've found that the Disc/Holy question depends on your other healers. My logic here is that Disc is pretty much incapable of overhealing, and thus combos well with healers with high HoT-based raw HPS (druids, monks, holy priests).

- If you're healing with Resto druids or Monks, then Holy (Renew, Echo of light) is going to get sent into overhealing a lot, so Disc is preferrable.
    - If you're healing with a Paladin or Disc Priest, Holy will be optimal, as your HoT HPS will combo with their shields nicely.
    - I have little experience healing with Resto Shaman, but I suspect that they fall into the Druid/Monk/HolyPriest camp, and thus will combo with Disc.

I maintain both Disc and Holy sets, and while I spend most of my time in Disc, there are situations when I bust out Holy. Since you're going to be doing LFR, I recommend you try to complement the other one or two competent healers in the raid following the guidelines above.