Poll: What do you think of this class concept?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    there werent proto trolls, tauren or goblins. 0/10
    I think that's more of a work-in-progress name for the races. We know currently that the Titans had the Vrykul, Earthen and Mechagnomes in Northrend and then the Mogu in Pandaria. We also know that the 3 Northrend Races later evolved, or devolved, into Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes respectively.

You could then have the Titanic trolls being subjects that were abducted when the Titans first came and decided to see what life existed before they set to work. Same for the Goblins. That would then leave you with Tauren, have them being stone bulls who slowly became the first Tauren and show them to be something similar to the Taungol and Taunka, moreso than the Tauren.

Having read though it, I do not like the idea of a Ranged tank. It simply doesn't work unless you make it a micro system and people can't anage an almost autonomous pet as it is, God knows how they'd manage a fully fledged micro-intensive tanking role.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-10-30 at 09:31 PM.

I like this class concept, really cool stuff! I hope they come out with Proto Tauren, Goblin, and Troll lore to flesh this out further.

Overall I think it would make a really neat race concept, or sub-race concept. Adding the iron dwarf and clockwork gnome skin to the alliance, maybe along side a Tinker class. I like the ideas of "proto" horde, but definitely something isn't meshing. I can almost see the Iron Vrykul on horde side. But if you go the organic, proto route, pulling experimented on orc models and stuff like Malkorok can work.

But... there is one they fear. In their tongue... he is 'Dovahkiin' - Titonborn!

I would love a class like this

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see a mostly new idea for once^^ can see a lot of thought went into it too, good job I'd be down for it, If there was a Nelf version

Seems similar to how they did the Death Knight in a lot of ways. The biggest problem I can see though is that while Dwarves, Humans, and Gnomes all evolved from Titan created races, none of the Horde races did. So really it would have to be an Alliance only Hero Class or they would have to change some lore that is really fundamental to the game. I like the class, I am just not sure how they could pull it off in a way that makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You get a night elf by purifying the filth known as a troll. The inverse does not constitute purification but rather degeneration.
    Yeah sure, keep living in your dreams. Night Elves are a troll's genetic mutation from the Well of Eternity. Something that came after can't be a derivation from something else before. Get over it. Oh and btw, nice name change, constellation.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2013-10-31 at 01:45 AM.

Now I really want a spec called replicant in the game....

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Yeah sure, keep living in your dreams. Night Elves are a troll's genetic mutation from the Well of Eternity. Something that came after can't be a derivation from something before. Get over it. Oh and btw, nice name change, constellation.
    That is only one theory and stated in game as a theory. There is no actual record. Another theory is a race known as the Kaldorei were the ones that were affected by the Well of Eternity and became night elves. Either way though both Night Elves and Trolls are Azeroth natives so they couldn't return to a titan creation true form because they were not created by the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titanborn?

FUS RO DAH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    That is only one theory and stated in game as a theory. There is no actual record. Another theory is a race known as the Kaldorei were the ones that were affected by the Well of Eternity and became night elves. Either way though both Night Elves and Trolls are Azeroth natives so they couldn't return to a titan creation true form because they were not created by the titans.
    It's not a theory, it's a fact.
    At the beginning of the world, now known as Azeroth, the god-like titans created the Well of Eternity, source of all magic on the planet. In time, a tribe of dark trolls came to settle near the translucent waters of the well. These feral, nomadic humanoids built crude homes on the shore of the well, and named themselves Kaldorei, which meant "children of the stars" in their native tongue. The trolls believed that their moon goddess, Elune, slept within the Well’s shimmering depths during the daylight hours. Exposed to the potent power of the well, the trolls began to evolve, eventually becoming the first night elves.[1]
    Wowpedia, source http://wowpedia.org/World_of_Warcraf...lume_2_Issue_1
    And http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...308#post329308

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to come in and mock this...but then I read the OP and decided it is actually quite a cool idea. Dunno about the playable races for it but just the listed ability ideas are really appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yet another 'class' concept where the actual idea is establishing another race.

Deleted
    Sounds awesome, with your whole Wrathion input, his little takeover speech if anyone remembered?

"Wrathion says: WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET."

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Okay didn't realize that it was confirmed. So what that says is that night elves evolved from Dark Trolls. So if a night elf were to devolve it would become a Troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You get a night elf by purifying the filth known as a troll. The inverse does not constitute purification but rather degeneration.
    As much as I hate Trolls, I think we all know that Night Elves are just aberant Trolls mutated by the Well of Eternity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a great idea. Id pay money to see this implemented. Chance of implementation, however, is utterly 0%. They dont just take random ideas off forums and actually put it in a game. Never. Too bad. 10/10 idea.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, and the creativity is praiseworthy, but I think the Horde races will need to be reworked to some degree, given the reasons present in this thread. Why not go the full 9 yards and just make stuff up to explain things away, and use whatever Horde race you feel like, but come up with a creative solution that Blizz might throw at us to explain away the current lore objections. I'd love to see something like that.

It helps that Ulduar is the best raid ever! That already got me, and I love the idea of having a RANGE TANK that can manipulate golem minions to take damage for the caster. 10/10 would PLAY FOR ETERNITY.