Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    IDK if he's Grom in France. But you can't ignore the gaping hole that an Employee should know that Grommash isn't a legal change.

Oh, one other thing with godaddy registrar. You can't take that as any evidence at all. http://thedarkbelow.com/
    Again, I'm not saying it's strong coroborating evidence. But at the same time that's a faulty "disproof" right there because it's through a different registrar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Domain names are issued via an organization known as INTERNIC. And you obtain domains through registrars who charge a nominal fee (usually something like 10 bucks a year) to deal with INTERNIC (but you don't deal with INTERNIC directly) GoDaddy is one of the more expensive registrars, I believe they charge 10 dollars a month. So if you want to register a fake domain, there's far cheaper ways to do it than to go through GoDaddy.

GoDaddy obviously provides additional services that are worth paying 12 times as much, but if you don't need those services I fail to see why you would pay for them.
    no, Godaddy is 10$-15$/yr.. I use them for all my domain name I have/use for various stuff. .net/.org are cheaper.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is honestly no way this would actually be an expansion im sorry. people are grabbing at straws. I get this is the new thing to speculated and talk about bc we are bored about Blizzcon being 8 days away but seriously do you believe a 1 time poster comes in says some really obscure ideas as a "leak" and it be true?

Once Blizzcon comes and we find it the next expansion isnt Warlords of Draenor.. then we can all laugh about this redic claim..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Legitimate Question:

So from all the crap that went down with Grom on Draenor, what major things have to happen to keep continuity with with Azeroth as we know it?

I feel like we could go back change stuff that we don't know about yet, but the major milestones still happen, thus no nullification of the story as we know it.
    Well we know the Orcs are necessary to prevent the Legion from winning in the Third War.

So walking that backwards, we need Grom to live in order to kill Mannoroth, we need Thrall to escape internment, we need the Orcs to lose the Second War and be interred, we need the Orcs to get to Azeroth, we need the Orcs to drink fel blood.

So we know two characters have to live, no exception. Gul'dan and Grom.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Legitimate Question:

So from all the crap that went down with Grom on Draenor, what major things have to happen to keep continuity with with Azeroth as we know it?

I feel like we could go back change stuff that we don't know about yet, but the major milestones still happen, thus no nullification of the story as we know it.
    well we cant kill any demons because that might weaken the orcs making them TOO easy to kill once they get through the portal, we cant kill any orcs, we cant kill any draenei.

we cant kill any sporelings or bog beasts because that would leave zangarmarsh unprotected and allow the naga to take it over completely before we arrive in bc.

we cant kill any black dragons because then we would lose the netherdrakes and the netherdrakes are vital to the protection of outland.

so that leaves ummm the gronn?

we can kill giant ogre daddies. thats about it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Legitimate Question:

We know no plot details to this suggested theme, so it's all up in the air. If Grom is the ANTAGONIST, as suggested, then that suggests he unites the Horde instead of Gul'dan, implying there is possibly no involvement of the Legion. Or this might be a timeline where Garrosh goes back and helps his father lead the Horde to win the war on Azeroth and enable Legion control of it.

There are two likely scenarios: the Legion is not involved with the Horde, and the ENTIRETY OF WARCRAFT NEVER HAPPENED. Not even Warcraft 1.
    Or Grom takes Gul'dan's place, and does it "right", defeating the Alliance and all inhabitants of Azeroth, and enabling a reign of (Legion) fire.
    Either way completely negates all that has happened in WoW.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Its funny but short posts like these are actually completely plausable and much more believable than the long ones where you know someone has just rambled on with their own biases. Warlords of Draenor sounds like a cool idea and I would be really happy if blizzard really had found a way to keep expansions a secret for this long.
    Due to the way the timeline works, it's a pointless expansion.

If people felt MoP had no purpose, imagine an expansion that's essentially "It's all just a dream." That's what WoD would be. We go back in time, do all that stuff, but in the end we just "wake up" on the Timeless Isle in our own timeline again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    there is honestly no way this would actually be an expansion im sorry. people are grabbing at straws. I get this is the new thing to speculated and talk about bc we are bored about Blizzcon being 8 days away but seriously do you believe a 1 time poster comes in says some really obscure ideas as a "leak" and it be true?

Once Blizzcon comes and we find it the next expansion isnt Warlords of Draenor.. then we can all laugh about this redic claim..
    Dude do you seriously think someone with alot of posts and relatively clear background will come here and be a big enough scumbag to just post spoilers of this magnitude here? And ontop of that start listing names.

People will at the very least lose their jobs in the process, and who knows what else.

Deleted
    I like how the one guy that seemingly still believes in TDB is going all Anti-WoD.
    Also if people would actually read what has been brought up - it's likely. And it does make sense. A simple thing has to happen to make Grom a Villain for a Time Travel expansion. Which would be his very alive son doing something all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So how about this: We travel back in time to draenor, hand grom a pack of titan size condoms and say "Have fun with that ogre". And thats it, expansion over.

Why did I order AC4 on the ps4... I could be playing that and hiding in a bubble of speculation-free bliss right now.... That's the time travel I want to be doing right now! Then I could just turn on the computer on the 8th and know the truth!

Why would Boub edit out the name of the source if this was all just BS? Never been so exited for Blizzcon

I don't think I would like a timey-wimey expansion with ANOTHER Hellscream as an antagonist. If Grom was on our side, maybe.. but as a villain? I just don't see it, even though I'd like to see an in-tact Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Why would Boub edit out the name of the source if this was all just BS? Never been so exited for Blizzcon
    To protect the innocent from being smeared?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Its funny but short posts like these are actually completely plausable and much more believable than the long ones where you know someone has just rambled on with their own biases. Warlords of Draenor sounds like a cool idea and I would be really happy if blizzard really had found a way to keep expansions a secret for this long.
    Because when people try to add their own invented details to their theories they start falling apart, because guess what, they're usually not professional writers

If you just drop 2 lines like this, people will jump to add and fill in their own interpretations that somehow make it all make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I like how the one guy that seemingly still believes in TDB is going all Anti-WoD.
    Also if people would actually read what has been brought up - it's likely. And it does make sense. A simple thing has to happen to make Grom a Villain for a Time Travel expansion. Which would be his very alive son doing something all over again.
    why would we go back to draenor? why wouldnt we just go back in time and place more guards at garroshs cell?

also garrosh going back in time would mean that garrosh ceases to be. he grows up as a sickly child in draenor and probably dies or grows up to be a completely different person
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    True or not its slander. People could lose their job over accusations like that were information being leaked is a HUGE deal. If I came on here posting all this stuff about the next expansion that i heard from Metzen himself that was false would still need to be dealt with even if it complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    We know no plot details to this suggested theme, so it's all up in the air. If Grom is the ANTAGONIST, as suggested, then that suggests he unites the Horde instead of Gul'dan, implying there is possibly no involvement of the Legion. Or this might be a timeline where Garrosh goes back and helps his father lead the Horde to win the war on Azeroth and enable Legion control of it.

There are two likely scenarios: the Legion is not involved with the Horde, and the ENTIRETY OF WARCRAFT NEVER HAPPENED. Not even Warcraft 1.
    Or Grom takes Gul'dan's place, and does it "right", defeating the Alliance and all inhabitants of Azeroth, and enabling a reign of (Legion) fire.
    Either way completely negates all that has happened in WoW.
    Grom could become a raid boss simply by not dying in his fight with Mannoroth.

Wrathions pissed off because Varian let the Horde continue being. So He could help Garrosh escape, have Soridormi assassinated to blacken Nozdormu's heart so that he doesn't stop Grom from going back in time and saving Daddy. The Legion obviously scares the scrap out of Wrathion, and since there's no Azeroth United under the Alliance banner like Wrathion wanted, he might feel that a Draenor united under the Orcish Warlords (instead of being turned into flower pickers by Thrall) might stand a chance against the Legion.

So it would make sense for Wrathion to want to have Grom still kill Mannoroth, but not die in the process. And wouldn't Garrosh be the man for the job. A chance to save his father and have a bro-down with him, yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    If Grom was on our side, maybe.. but as a villain?
    I agree. I'm taking the "antagonist" part with a grain of salt. I feel like it's just as likely that he meant to say protagonist. He called transmog, reforging... I feel like some stuff was lost in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Due to the way the timeline works, it's a pointless expansion.

If people felt MoP had no purpose, imagine an expansion that's essentially "It's all just a dream." That's what WoD would be. We go back in time, do all that stuff, but in the end we just "wake up" on the Timeless Isle in our own timeline again.
    I think less and less people really care about how accurate and how smoothly the story sinks into previous happenings. If they think they can stir up a fantastic story starting from the north pole I couldn't care less, and the whole time travel thing makes the location of the new zones rather pointless.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-31 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why would we go back to draenor? why wouldnt we just go back in time and place more guards at garroshs cell?

also garrosh going back in time would mean that garrosh ceases to be. he grows up as a sickly child in draenor and probably dies or grows up to be a completely different person
    And this is exactly why time travel is a TERRIBLE, CRAPPY plot device.