Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Boub hasn't quashed every single rumor- just the one that he reported on and later rescinded as a hoax.
    Not true. He posted in a thread and literally stated: "The Dark Below is not the next expansion."

This happened within the last week or so.

PS: Thanks for the lore info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    To be fair, Boub has yet to kill this... He had the chance to 6 pages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Question to Lore Nerds:

Who could "Warlords of Draenor" refer to? Grom of course, but does anyone else that would fall under that umbrella?
    Before the unification of the Horde under Gul'dan, the Orcish clans were split up and warring among themselves. Also, the Orcs were more hunters and shamans than the warmongering brutes they got turned into by the Legion.
    The different clans still exist in Outland in WoW now, such as Bleeding Hollow, Kilrogg, etc.
    The title makes sense for the theme, it just totally blows.

Plus I don't see how the title or the theme would make for an interesting antagonist or expansion. So Grom unites the Horde instead of Gul'dan, in this case we assume Gul'dan was killed. So Grom becomes Kil'jaeden's puppet instead? Or does Grom lead an uncorrupted "peaceful" Horde? Either way the title makes little sense and sounds crappy and made up.

And no, I never thought Mists of Pandaria sounded crappy or made up, for the record. This title just sucks tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    I swear to god, they did enough damage to the Hellscream name as is. If they bring Grom into the game I may aswell just quit. HE's my favorite fictional character of all time and his legacy was ruined enough by his damned son. Please Blizzard, let Grom rest in piece :s

agreed, leave Grom dead, he went out a hero, let him stay that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duFbuiWiWc

Not true. He posted in a thread and literally stated: "The Dark Below is not the next expansion."

This happened within the last week or so.

PS: Thanks for the lore info.
    That's what I meant. He posted in a thread about the hoax that he helped hype up with a MMO Champ front page post. And I think he probably decided to post in here after he was the first mod to spot and edit out the real names of Blizzard employees, but obviously I can't be 100% sure on that. I do think he probably knows what the next xpac is by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They aren't going to change the name of probably the #2 most popular Warcraft character ever (#1 is Thrall if you want to know). They'll do everything possible to work out a compromise where both sides can use Grom.

Plus, Grom is a fictional character, not an intellectual property. There is no legal requirement to change the name, unless he appeared in the title of the expansion.
    what? the two most popular wow characters are illidan and arthas. always have been always will be. most people dont even remember who grom is and alot of people dislike thrall these days.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Before the unification of the Horde under Gul'dan, the Orcish clans were split up and warring among themselves. Also, the Orcs were more hunters and shamans than the warmongering brutes they got turned into by the Legion.
    The different clans still exist in Outland in WoW now, such as Bleeding Hollow, Kilrogg, etc.
    The title makes sense for the theme, it just totally blows.

Plus I don't see how the title or the theme would make for an interesting antagonist or expansion. So Grom unites the Horde instead of Gul'dan, in this case we assume Gul'dan was killed. So Grom becomes Kil'jaeden's puppet instead? Or does Grom lead an uncorrupted "peaceful" Horde? Either way the title makes little sense and sounds crappy and made up.

And no, I never thought Mists of Pandaria sounded crappy or made up, for the record. This title just sucks tho.
    I like this title. But anyway, who knows how this will play out? You're only saying there cannot be an interesting antagonist or expansion because you can't imagine what it would be like yourself.

I can't quite imagine what it will be like either, or how Grom will be an antagonist, but I am at least interested in the concept. Maybe OP meant that Grom will play a central role, but we won't end up fighting against him.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Well, if this is the next expansion I'm out. Sounds like the worst ideas ever.

I prefer both the Dark Below, ED, South Seas and the other Time Travel-concepts to this.

This just sounds superbad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think this is 100% fake.

If it turns out real somehow this may be the first expansion I actually vehemently dislike because of the theme/lore. I may actually quit. For the first time in 10 years.
    Don't.
    Do.
    Time travel.
    Ever.

We don't want frigging retcons, resets and alternate timelines. That's what you do when you run out of ideas and good writing, and Pandaria showed us that they can come up with good original material even without going back to the known character well. That's why I firmly believe this is fake, and i really HOPE it is too.

Seriously, anything else would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, Boub has yet to kill this... He had the chance to 6 pages ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Question to Lore Nerds:

Who could "Warlords of Draenor" refer to? Grom of course, but does anyone else that would fall under that umbrella?
    Ner'zhul, Gul'dan, Korgath Bladefist, Kilrogg Deadeye, Fenris the Hunter, Mogor the Ogre, Tagar Spinebreaker, Ogrim Doomhammer.... I'd guess them.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Guys the post has been edited by Boub, I think it's legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You realize this would change the whole story of the warcraft universe? This would be an enormous retcon to every piece of lore ever released since the 1st war. This would even beat the shitty dragon soul thing they pulled for the end of cataclysm, in fact this might never happen at all. What would this even mean for our characters? Do you seriously think this is going to happen?
    THAT's why I'm kinda sold now. It's the perfect place for the Item LvL Squish. - The Character's loosing stats, loosing power due to the Retcon of a lot that happened - to make place for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    Well, if this is the next expansion I'm out. Sounds like the worst ideas ever.

I prefer both the Dark Below, ED, South Seas and the other Time Travel-concepts to this.

This just sounds superbad.

You say it is the worst ideas ever.... There's literally one single statement regarding the concept/idea of the expansion and you're basing your opinion on a horribly formatted and worded unverified statement...

Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    And to be fair, the odds of information being leaked becomes increasingly high as Blizzcon approaches.
    no it doesnt. it has the same level of leaking as any other time of the year. blizzard doesnt hire no names to set up the stuff at blizzcon they all do it themselves to save money.

the only people who know about the next expansion are mostly people who have known about it for over a year now, the other people are possibly people in charge of fansites or internet celebs who got some hints or small sneak peaks and signed ndas.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    to be honest, something with the bronze dragon flight and time travel seems the most plausible to me from all the speculations raised from the community recently, especially considering the theme of the non-raid content delivered in 5.4 and the name of the new scaling feature uncovered in the game files.

so i might laugh out loud imagining the tears of all the fake-callers in this thread next Friday :O

also the damage prevention from bubu, ~highly suspicious~. Obviously not, cause defaming possible blizzard employees just for this is just bad style.

To be honest, the biggest red flag to me is that they're claiming TDB was meant to be a real trademark for a game that may or may not be released three years from now at a minimum.

The story concept itself is whatever. Cataclysm and MOP were both unexpected turns in the story. Like Blizzard has said, story is secondary to gameplay anyway. It's not going to reason very many people quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, I'd say this is probably pretty legitimate due to the edits and Warlords of Draenor sounds good. I think if we're going back in time it's going to be actual Draenor, that sounds pretty damn cool if you ask me. What Outlands looked like before it was shattered, you guys seriously can't disagree with that.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Really...? Grom Hellscream as the antagonist of a whole expansion?

Yeaaa.............no.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no it doesnt. it has the same level of leaking as any other time of the year. blizzard doesnt hire no names to set up the stuff at blizzcon they all do it themselves to save money.

the only people who know about the next expansion are mostly people who have known about it for over a year now, the other people are possibly people in charge of fansites or internet celebs who got some hints or small sneak peaks and signed ndas.
    You don't think they disclose information to more people as the actual official announcement becomes closer? You don't think the odds that someone will speak up once the convention is on it's way, and people are literally salivating for information, become higher?

I don't share that opinion.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just add Karazhan 2.0 and I'll be happy. You guys really aren't understanding this I don't think, there is probably going to be some issue with the Bronze Dragonflight and we have to go back in time to actual fucking Draenor before it changed! Are you not happy? I just hope Blizzard can fix their design a bit better and maybe I'll resub because this shit sounds good.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard GM's know this stuff before we do, it's like that with most companies. The employees know a lot more than any of us ahead of time, even the bloody janitor at Blizzard HQ probably knows more than we do.
    Hey everyone