Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Here is his highest geared character Rivellana. He'd be lucky not to pay an increased subscription with that raid history.
    Oh wow, I havent seen that character in a long time haha. Yeah she is my best geared character back when I was doing some regular ToT.

The simple fact is, that I lost interest in raiding because of how watered down the content has become.

If they stuck to one raid model like they did in TBC, and actually had tangable goals to work toward, then I would be more interested in actually trying to raid. It kind of diminishes the quality of raiding when everyone and their dog can see the content on various watered down levels of difficulty.

OT: The post is about subscription models. Every other MMO out there has various payment models depending on what content you do or don't want to engage in. Look at SWTOR for example.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of a lower subscription cost for players who choose only to engage in these types of raiding models?

After all, it does take them more resources to build the infrastructure for LFR and provide rewards and such for that type of large grouping.

I think having a model like:

$11 Month for a regular subscription without LFR access

$10 Month for 3 Months

$9 Month for 6 Months

would bring back players who might think the game is still a good game, but dont want to pay the $15 a month for services they don't use. Anyone who wants to use the value added services like LFR can continue to pay the normal rate.

There could also be payment models for those who choose not to engage in instanced battle grounds. Or maybe limit the amount of battle grounds they can enter in a single day kind of like SWTOR.

Just some interesting thoughts. *Jaylock thinks these are great ideas!*
    Aaaaaaaaaaand as always, you're the only one who does...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, I havent seen that character in a long time haha. Yeah she is my best geared character back when I was doing some regular ToT.

The simple fact is, that I lost interest in raiding because of how watered down the content has become.

If they stuck to one raid model like they did in TBC, and actually had tangable goals to work toward, then I would be more interested in actually trying to raid. It kind of diminishes the quality of raiding when everyone and their dog can see the content on various watered down levels of difficulty.

OT: The post is about subscription models. Every other MMO out there has various payment models depending on what content you do or don't want to engage in. Look at SWTOR for example.
    They had 2 models; 10 and 25. Not to mention that TBC was the expansion where they created the heroic model, granted that only applied to instances at the time, but it was still the birth of the heroic option.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-10-31 at 08:37 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

No, these are terrible ideas.

What did I just read?

Out of all the bad ideas, this has to be among the worst.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Would you be in favor of a lower subscription cost for players who choose only to engage in these types of raiding models?

After all, it does take them more resources to build the infrastructure for LFR and provide rewards and such for that type of large grouping.
    First off no. Secondly the resources to make flex are the same as LFR just number tuning. If anything it would cost more to make Flex, Normal, Heroic as you are adding in more mechanics, time, numbers, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Or how about LFR people pay the minimum since you want access to more content you can pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    What did I just read?
    It's a Jaylock thread. I know I know he changed his avatar but it's still the same old guy making ridiculous threads like this one.

Coming from a normal/heroic raider all I have to say is lol. Next thing you know you'll have baddies trying to make heroic SoO pugs.

Can I pay more to to enter a jerk free zone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it a bad idea? If you can give me any reason this would be a bad idea, then I would have a better way to engage you in constructive debate.
    You divide the player base. You piss off alot of your subscribers, who then may unsub. That is why it is a bad idea.

Deleted
    Someone has probably said this already, but if I was a LFR only raider, struggling to gear up etc I would only be more pissed if I knew that I had to pay more than the pros just cause i was "bad"

I think having a model like:

$11 Month for a regular subscription without LFR access

$10 Month for 3 Months

$9 Month for 6 Months

would bring back players who might think the game is still a good game, but dont want to pay the $15 a month for services they don't use. Anyone who wants to use the value added services like LFR can continue to pay the normal rate.

There could also be payment models for those who choose not to engage in instanced battle grounds. Or maybe limit the amount of battle grounds they can enter in a single day kind of like SWTOR.

Just some interesting thoughts. *Jaylock thinks these are great ideas!*
    So do i get a 50% discount since i never do any BG's and Arenas yet i am always affected by the fking balancing job they do due to PvP QQ? I should have 50% discount since i never do that content.

Really your despise for LFR is so high that may i suggest you dont queue for it anymore. trust me it is far from mandatory in your gearing i am 550+ on 2 toons and without ever setting my foot in LFR this tier trust me you can do it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    There is no reason to change the way WoW is payed for. It has worked for a long time and the steady and predictable amount of revenue generated by subs is the reason the game is still running.

Why change a winning strategy?
    I don't know what game you're watching, but WoW's subscriptions are anything but steady and predictable. Blizzard made $93 million on WoW in August 2013. In December 2012, just seven months prior, they made $204 million. That's 54% less income a month. You can bet that predictable and it sure as hell wasn't steady.

WoW is in decline and they need to make some kind of change to keep going at levels above the average MMO. Sure, they're still double their nearest competitor, but sub numbers alone don't mean much. There are a bunch of new MMOs coming out soon, some with big names and backings, just like WoW had. There's even an MMO that's being made by former Blizzard employees.

They can't remain on top without some sort of change. While I disagree with the OP completely, they need to do something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    probably the worst idea I've ever heard.
    really? you obviously havnt read too many of the op's other postings here on mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg, sooo bad You're suggesting that the people who pay the most get to see the fewest content and vice versa... Where was the good part?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fine by me, tired of paying to make easy modes for the downies.

Infracted; Post constructively and don't insult a group of people.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-11-01 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Or how about LFR people pay the minimum since you want access to more content you can pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a Jaylock thread. I know I know he changed his avatar but it's still the same old guy making ridiculous threads like this one.

LFR 10 dollars flex and normal you pay the same 15 as today and heroic raids you pay 25 dollars a month. That is a payment scale that is not perfect in the amount of resources to user of content but it is a step in the right direction since they are forced to make a whole difficulty level just for a handful of players that is probably less than 1% of what runs the LFR difficulty so if they want that content they should pay for it. since right now LFR is subsidizing heroic raid content.

In other words the only reason they can develop 12-14 heroic boss raids is due to all the money they get from LFR customers. So lets implement a payment plan that makes everyone pay there fair share to the developer look on it like a tax you make a million you can pay 500k in taxes and still be able to live a rich happy life with 3 weeks vacation to the French Riviera if you so choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    really? you obviously havnt read too many of the op's other postings here on mmo.
    The idea is right this time except he got it wrong. what should take place is you pay less if you limit yourself to only LFR and you pay more if you do heroic raids.

If that's the goal they may as well just make it F2P with each individual thing unlocked for a single time payment.

I think Blizzard *wants* people to have access to all their content and hopes they will try out things they haven't before which is why they'll never go with a model like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now he wants Blizzard to look at SWTOR as a way to run an MMO... thats pretty funny.

It's a good idea for the customer but not for the company I believe they would lose money, most people don't stop paying because of a few bucks, most stop because it's not fun anymore.