Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People are so blind to the ways of Based God. I am truly grateful to be blessed and diagnosed with Based. Many players of the WoW community have already been touched by the Based God, so allowing him to preform at Blizzcon will improve not just the world of warcraft... but Blizzard as a whole.

People who are saying hip hop is dead, it's not "it just took a couple shots" - The Game. But Based God has brought it back to life. Hip Hop is stronger than it's ever been so it would only make sense to allowed Blizzcon to be Based.

Thank you Based God.

TLDR - allow based god to preform at Blizzcon, it'll be nothing but beneficial. I'd pay thousands to get into Blizzcon if Based God was there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Because this is absolute garbage.

Blizzard should get Skeletonwitch, more of the fanbase would appreciate real music, and these guys are genuine artists.
    Irony...

(Skeletonwitch is absurdly awful by the way)

My vote would be for Tool or Opeth, but I doubt either of those bands would agree to do a Con. I'm actually not opposed to Blink-182. They're generic enough for most people to be happy with them, and they aren't without some level of talent.

Because this is absolute garbage. There is a reason these trendy "artists" die off after a few years. Yeah, I don't like Blink 182 either, but this is not better. These "artists" will be nowhere in five years. Should Blizzard get Justin Bieber to play? Do you understand your post now?

Blizzard should get Skeletonwitch, more of the fanbase would appreciate real music, and these guys are genuine artists.
    Yeah... no. I like metal and all, but to this day I wonder why people are so instistant on discrediting this genre's music by polluting it with "singing" of this kind.

The whole debate is ridiculous. Having some rappers that teens find amusing thse days just doesn't fit a convention where your average attendee is 25+. Imho they should go for the guys like blink 182 (even though I'd have a hard time naming one of their songs on top of my head) as they are more widely known and they make for a better publicity. And even though it is kinda looked down upon these days, if they wanted to go for a group that is closer to rap, they might wanna take a look at linkin park, they always kinda walked the line between rock/metal/rap/something (lately to their detriment apparently). To let some obscure group perform is kinda dull too in that regard, this is not some indie music festival. I'd rather have ETC back than such nonsense.

But in the end (no pun intended) it doesn't matter at all. It is just a few songs at a video games convention, for the average attendee even boothbabes have more relevance .

Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    oh, you must mean they're horrible rhymes? ok.
    The rhymes can be funny at best, but not horrible and just not something that would be a appropriate for WoW.

Deleted
    lets end all the arguments here & now & close this thread...

Deleted
    Because this is absolute garbage. There is a reason these trendy "artists" die off after a few years. Yeah, I don't like Blink 182 either, but this is not better. These "artists" will be nowhere in five years. Should Blizzard get Justin Bieber to play? Do you understand your post now?

I hope your not serious...

It would take me blowing my brains out in disgust.

The same thing it takes them to perform anywhere: Money.

Also, Lil Wayne? Are you fucking kidding me? "Let's have this small black guy pretend to be hard on stage so we can all take off our glasses and pretend to be hard, too."

15+ Year Old Account
    Tenacious D, Ozzy, and the Foo Fighters are hardly washed up.

I mean, Ozzy's definitely past his prime, but he's a fucking rock legend. Tenacious D in particular just jives perfectly with the Blizzard Entertainment mentality. The Foo Fighters won 5 Grammys last year. Definitely still super relevant.

Blink 182, yeah. Washed up, I suppose. I know they're still doing stuff, but I don't listen to the radio these days and I wouldn't seek them out. Still, they were really big in the 90s and (likely more importantly) they're a local SoCal rock band.

Also, let's keep in mind that the Blizzcon audience is honestly not a good concert crowd. Watch any of the closing concerts and the audience just doesn't really get into it. I doubt changing the style to hip hop, or speed metal, or dark gothic synth, or whatever the fuck, would make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Tenacious D, Ozzy, and the Foo Fighters are hardly washed up.

I mean, Ozzy's definitely past his prime, but he's a fucking rock legend. Tenacious D in particular just jives perfectly with the Blizzard Entertainment mentality. The Foo Fighters won 5 Grammys last year. Definitely still super relevant.

Blink 182, yeah. Washed up, I suppose. I know they're still doing stuff, but I don't listen to the radio these days and I wouldn't seek them out. Still, they were really big in the 90s and (likely more importantly) they're a local SoCal rock band.

Also, let's keep in mind that the Blizzcon audience is honestly not a good concert crowd. Watch any of the closing concerts and the audience just doesn't really get into it. I doubt changing the style to hip hop, or speed metal, or dark gothic synth, or whatever the fuck, would make a difference.
    God I hate the Foo Fighters. Worst thing to come out of Kurt Cobain's death...

I kinda want System of a Down, or Rise Against. Only of the very few bands I still like.

Lil B AKA Based God AKA #1 best music artist ever AKA best insprirational man alive AKA (you get the idea)
    Lil Wayne
    50 Tyson
    Gucci mane
    Souja Boy
    D flores / rest of SOD money gang
    V-Nasty

All better than Blink

If Based God could not make it, the next person I would want to preform at Blizzcon is V-Nasty AKA the best female music artist ever.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-11-05 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    If Based God could not make it, the next person I would want to preform at Blizzcon is V-Nasty AKA the best female music artist ever.
    Yeah, I can see why Stevie Nicks, Carly Simon, Janis Joplin, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, et al are just... nothing compared to this tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    C'mon, rap music has lasted longer then Punk, Grunge, Ska, etc etc, and will last longer then Rock and Roll. Grunge lasted what, like 8 years? lol.. Punk album sales/popularity are almost nonexistant these days.

Hell, rap has even overtaken modern country music. Country has to shift to pop to stay alive (Taylor Swift is a good example).
    1 no, just no
    2 punk is still going strong and is still very popular it
    3 rap won't last longer than rock because rock has been around far longer than rap and will continue to go on far longer simply because it requires talent and people can actually enjoy listening to it somewhere other than at some sad dance club where you can only make bad decisions.

Deleted
    A mass plague that wipes out all intelligent life on Earth.

Omg that Keef >< I would attend Blizzcon just to boo his performance.. You don't want good rap (Eminem) or inbred rap (Wayne/Keef) in a Blizzcon. They're all too inappropriate, what with the lyricism n all.. Metallica would be perfect, as someone previously suggested. They'd steal the show though. People would attend Blizzcon just to see Metallica. You'd have non-gamers filling up the place. That's why Blink 182 is a good choice. Not so grand the show would be about them, and not so vile they'd turn off the audience.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    A mass plague that wipes out all intelligent life on Earth.
    There's intelligent life on earth?

Next they will be asking for Miley Cyrus or Rebecca Black or that god aweful girl that did the chinese food song claiming that they are better than blizzards current choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Yeah, I can see why Stevie Nicks, Carly Simon, Janis Joplin, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, et al are just... nothing compared to this tripe.
    Don't even get me started with my man D flores

He's on par, if not then 10x better than those artist you just named.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    WoW is more of a rock/metal game
    who the @#$% decided that ? and no it ain't a rock/metal game.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.