Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Exactly why I think the "leak" is bogus.

Blizz knows they can't pull Hellscream out of their ass again. Especially not GROM Hellscream. Even if he was the first to drink the blood, he's probably the most beloved Orc of all time.
    Most hated is more likely, Thrall is the most beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    so, has anyone come up with a way with how time travel will not single handedly retcon everything in lore?
    Stealing the dragoun soul from the past, and after that, nothing wrong happened , is not enough ?

Deleted
    Yeah, but then we'd have to accept that it's Dr. Who for the next 2 years.

I and a majority of others seem to believe that isn't the route we're going. As a poll I had up on the subject had a 45-33-22 win for it being in the present vs in the past or a troll.
    I'm not entirely sure about the "How" but I am sure that blizzard will find a loophole in either case.

As for the "Dr.Who" dilemma, I'm fine with that as long as we don't have to run back and forth between CoT again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well at least it's not another old squid expansion, but why the hell would we go back to outland?
    Because the Primary villains of the Warcraft franchise are the Burning Legion, Outland is the easy path to them.

Blizz knows they can't pull Hellscream out of their ass again. Especially not GROM Hellscream. Even if he was the first to drink the blood, he's probably the most beloved Orc of all time.
    Yes, although the premise of the Legion's invasion of Azeroth actually occurring and truly being world-ending, and the only way to stop them is to go back in time to Draenor to do...er...X to stop them *COULD* make for an interesting/fun story if done correctly.

The whole Grom thing...meh, points are well-made that him being the villain being irritating/too much are on the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Stealing the dragoun soul from the past, and after that, nothing wrong happened , is not enough ?
    the dragon soul was lost at this point in time. Where its location comes to be found again is unknown, and Nozdormu can easily replace it when he gains the power to do such a thing, as it is not set in stone when he brings it into past, if he hasnt already done such a thing already using the last amount of his powers. An item in the past can be taken and be used in the future, as long as it is replaced in a future moment.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Since we're now sure that there is no Dark/Deep Below, or whatever, and our expansion is clearly Warlords of Draenor: What do you think?

It's a Burning Legion expansion after all!
    Sucks. I want Azshara.

I also tend to think people are getting hung up on the Draenor thing too much as the location of the expansion. The title is " of Draenor" which is entirely different than " on Draenor". Now it may indeed be some time travel thing and its referring to the old Orc Warlords more so than the Burning Legion "Warlords". It will keep me watching to see what happens but I think the title is dead on. Unlike Mists of Panderia you can't really take a ton out of it other than a lot hope that people have.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    so, has anyone come up with a way with how time travel will not single handedly retcon everything in lore? with the leak of "Grom" being the bad guy, which will suck because we just had his son, there is no way in hell of that coming to light without utterly destroying the current Horde. And if it is another reality, then I call foul ball as that is a writers easiest and cheesiest way of retconning what ever they feel like, and hope whoever wrote it burns in a demonic hellfire for even making it.

and Slowpoke, do you have a link to the thread where that leak was? I want to actually read it. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Geheimnis View Post
    Thanks to a very loose-lipped bunch of employees in the Versailles office I can confirm 100% that:

• The upcoming expansion is called Warlords of Draenor and will feature Grom as the antagonist, although for legal issues he will be refered to as Grommash. This expansion will see the heavy use of time travel.
    • Reforging is changing, soon you will no longer need to keep hold of an item to "own" the transmogrification appearance.
    • The upcoming Blizzcon secret gift is an Elite Tauren Chieftan Hearthstone gift card.
    • The Dark Below has been registered for 'Titan', not World of Warcraft as is the rumor.

A big thank you for this information goes out to:
    Cool, it was still on my clipboard. That's his post, blue arrow should send you there.

Just his language sounds like he's a troll trying to get people fired now that I read the stuff outside the bulletpoints.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

My guess, which is 100% speculation, is that it'll be another 'continent' of Outland/Draenor as the main setting, maybe with an old outland cata style revamp. Turalyon and Alleria will be there, along with the warlords, whatever they be, that give it the name. Sure, the Outland we know has all the key locations from wc 2 but who's to say that more of Draenor hasn't survived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    My guess, which is 100% speculation, is that it'll be another 'continent' of Outland/Draenor as the main setting, maybe with an old outland cata style revamp. Turalyon and Alleria will be there, along with the warlords, whatever they be, that give it the name. Sure, the Outland we know has all the key locations from wc 2 but who's to say that more of Draenor hasn't survived.
    No one's ever been there, it's very much akin to the MoP of Outland.

For all we know it's a legion stronghold. For all we know the legion never stepped foot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I still believe in the dance studio.
    It'll come with the new models. I promise you that.

So are ppl in denial yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    So are ppl in denial yet?
    Most people have come around to saying WoD is real.

But if a poll I ran earlier is any indication, it's 45% for this being a Legion expansion and only 33% for it being the leak.

If you're wondering where the missing 22% is, they think Boub bit on a troll trademarking.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys... I think I may have figured it out.

Remember when Boub posted a few days ago about that Timewalking feature to allow us to scale down our gear and possibly level?

What if that's what the leaker meant by time travel.

When he was translating it to english "Time Walking" became "Time Travel."

So the expansion will make extensive use of Timewalking, as in adding it as a feature not just for dungeons but as a literal level scaling system so you can play with your friends!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please God no time travel. Please God no time travel. Please God no time travel.

I might HATE the idea of an Azshara expansion, but Time Travel sounds absolutely ridiculous (And yes, I will complain before I know anything about it), I, for one, hope that the poster that originally posted this only got the name right, because Time Travel in storytelling is often done horribly and only detracts from the story, while serving as a lazy way for writers to push the story forward, while creating various inconsistencies, I really don't trust Blizzard to do that right. Also why would Grom be the major antagonist? He was never a bad guy, even when the Blood Curse was in full swing he wasn't like Gul'dan or Blackhand, hell, he didn't even come close to Garrosh. Does Kosak just want to grind the rest of the Orc's story into dust?

Either way, if Boub says he's confident that "Warlords of Draenor" is the name, I'll take his word for that, I don't recall seeing him be wrong before. However, I will be praying that Time Travel plays NO part in this (We'll have to wait until Blizzcon to figure that out). Either way TAKE THAT AZSHARA FANS.

It's always funny to see the mental gymnastics that people in denial undertake.

Deleted
    Just because that dragon guy from Cairo on the Timeless Isle mentioned time travel doesn't mean it's gonna be in the expansion.

Sounds great. At least much better than MOP did when I first heard of it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Please God no time travel. Please God no time travel. Please God no time travel.

I might HATE the idea of an Azshara expansion, but Time Travel sounds absolutely ridiculous (And yes, I will complain before I know anything about it), I, for one, hope that the poster that originally posted this only got the name right, because Time Travel in storytelling is often done horribly and only detracts from the story, while serving as a lazy way for writers to push the story forward, while creating various inconsistencies, I really don't trust Blizzard to do that right. Also why would Grom be the major antagonist? He was never a bad guy, even when the Blood Curse was in full swing he wasn't like Gul'dan or Blackhand, hell, he didn't even come close to Garrosh. Does Kosak just want to grind the rest of the Orc's story into dust?

Either way, if Boub says he's confident that "Warlords of Draenor" is the name, I'll take his word for that, I don't recall seeing him be wrong before. However, I will be praying that Time Travel plays NO part in this (We'll have to wait until Blizzcon to figure that out). Either way TAKE THAT AZSHARA FANS.
    I'll ally with you against the time travelling and then backstab you! For Azshara!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    GL trying to survive Kilnmasters and High Priests with that attitude. They'll wipe the floor with you if you make even the smallest mistake, in fact they're even less forgiving than the vast majority of heroic raid bosses.
    You're kidding right? Kiln masters: Stay in melee, move from shit, kill the cauldron.
    Heroic Lei Shen: ..............

OT: I got a feeling that if this is the next expac we may not see the legion til the very end of it if at all. If we are going back to Draenor PRE shattering then there's no legion there to deal with right? Also as alot of people have said, wrathion seems to think there will be time to prepare for their next invasion? Maybe this IS that time.