Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    So it's an Emerald Dream expansion, as many suspected. Good.
    Emerald Dream has nothing to do with time travel...

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Draenor is a whole world though, roughly the size of Azeroth. So they'll either have to A. slot-car our asses with forbidding terrain and never let us use our hard earned flying mounts.
    B. Invisible/visible energy wall off the areas we aren't supposed to go to.

or
    C. This is going to be a huge xpac.
    By that logic, we'd have run into serious problems already when Cata allowed flying on Azeroth. Yet that never happened. No matter what the new area is going to be, it's not going to be significantly larger than previous expansions, and will likely be surrounded by water or similar obstacles on all sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well, to be fair, people have been expecting an Emerald Dream expansion since vanilla...
    Emerald Dream has been closed in the story line. It originally was suppose to be the expansion before WOTLK and things got changed.

if it has any hint of burning crusade-esque stuff im coming back in a heartbeat.

I have this feeling that whatever happens, that screws up the timeline, is somehow Wrathion's fault. Because wasn't there a developer chat where the guy was pretty much getting a boner talking about their plans with Wrathion?

And Wrathion seems to be devoted to thwarting the legion. So if he goes back in time and stops the legion on Draenor, which makes this:
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    10.24 update

Burning Legion: Why it's not as it says, my dear screenwriter?
    from
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...History-Game-)

If it really is legit seem very very interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Anyone mention that "Warlord Zaelea" didn't die in SoO?
    Actually, if you look closely, you will notice that Galakras quickly offs her after tumbling down.

Time travel could mean traveling back in time to a parallel universe, where history has split off. We're already seeing some hints of that on Timeless Isle, for example the (MINOR SPOILER) the soundless black and white scene where Stormwind looks like it's been Sha-corrupted (I presume that's a version where Varian didn't reject exploiting sha magic as a weapon, as we saw him do in the quests after 5.1.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    DH predates the events that happened in Draanor by loooooong time.
    Except the only DH in existence is locked up at this time.

As for this news, I will reserve my opinion until after the Blizzcon presentation.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-11-01 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    Emerald Dream has been closed in the story line. It originally was suppose to be the expansion before WOTLK and things got changed.
    Citation needed.

And no it hasn't. Read the book. The Rift of Aln is still infested, presumably by an old god. Malfurion and company sealed it off so they could deal with it later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    No, only a chapter was closed.

I see paradox after paradox /joy -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    if it has any hint of burning crusade-esque stuff im coming back in a heartbeat.
    Have to agree with this, I'm hoping for a Legion themed expac so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Time travel could mean traveling back in time to a parallel universe, where history has split off. We're already seeing some hints of that on Timeless Isle, for example the (MINOR SPOILER) the soundless black and white scene where Stormwind looks like it's been Sha-corrupted (I presume that's a version where Varian didn't reject exploiting sha magic as a weapon, as we saw him do in the quests after 5.1.)
    Actually, that's from an alternate line where Garrosh wins. It also comes up in the last phase of the heroic version of the Garrosh encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    But if somebody is already back in the past dinking around with history...

Hmmm from the sounds of it then it would take place in the past? It would fit with the bread crumbs we have been fed with the whole timeless isle quest chain being that someone in the bronze flight is a traitor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Night elfs have been alive for a very very very long time. 10,000+ years in fact.
    I think you didn't really read what I wrote. The Demon Hunters came to Outland AFTER Draenor exploded.

As for this news, I will reserve my opinion until after the Blizzcon presentation.
    If it's indeed time travel xpac then anything can happen.

The hell Illidan is the only one! We run into more in Outland! Remember the dude in Nagrand that let us fly on his netherdrake? Plus there's a few still on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think Blizzard read too much DC. A total retcon of lore would just be a kick in teeth
    gameplay > lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the hell are people getting Time Travel from? So far the title only suggests a return to the most boring place in all of WoW. Thankfully things like dailys and LFR exist because BC was about as dull as an expansion as you can get. Christ more of that is actually making me consider unsubbing for the first time ever -_-

I FUCKING HATED BC. I STILL FUCKING HATE BC.

It wasn't great, it was an awful experiment in what doesn't work. Gated content, annoying rep grinds, terrible itemization yaaaay. Boring demons, legions of blood elves, npcs I could give two shits about, yaaaay. Every time I level up a new toon I fucking celebrate when I hit 68 so I don't have to go back to that shithole expansion again.

Deleted
    Meh, this is one of those bitching threads within the first 3-5 days, it'll wind down eventually since people just learn to deal with a trademark
    All about "lulz I don't like change Blizz is the worst I'm unsubbing. Hah there that's 1 player less of 7.7 million."