Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Please don't straw man.
    Ah yes, the "fall back" argument for people who are usually wrong. Please, also throw out the words ad nauseum and ad hominem and you can sound completely idiotic.

Until I ask for RACIAL TRAITS to be universal, my request is nothing more than using a Gnome to accomplish the same means as a human, worgen, or night elf.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homogenize

Tecnically, Trolls can already be every class but one. So, in the interest of balance, all races should get to be all classes save for one. But, people would still likely place horde since the racials set them apart. As of now, every race can be a Warrior, so I guess by your definition, all warriors are homogenized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azwesjr View Post
    surely, if EQ2 could do it, so could WOW
    It would seem some people hate the idea of change and sadly, the Lore Knights of WoW are no different.

This is always the dumbest thing I see. How is it homogenized? Whether I have a human pally or a Gnome pally, it is still a pally. Whether I have a Worgen druid or a gnome druid, it is still a druid. Your race should not LIMIT your class choices. I am not asking for every CLASS to be the same, nor am I asking for every RACE to be the same. Maybe you should look words up before you use them in weak ass arguments.
    It's race homogenization. Different races should be different, class availability is one of those differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's all a moot point anyway. They caved to the Lore Knights and there is no unlock. So, MAYBE in X6 they will do it. Until then, I am pretty much over this convo. Have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Ah yes, the "fall back" argument for people who are usually wrong. Please, also throw out the words ad nauseum and ad hominem and you can sound completely idiotic.

Until I ask for RACIAL TRAITS to be universal, my request is nothing more than using a Gnome to accomplish the same means as a human, worgen, or night elf.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homogenize

Tecnically, Trolls can already be every class but one. So, in the interest of balance, all races should get to be all classes save for one. But, people would still likely place horde since the racials set them apart. As of now, every race can be a Warrior, so I guess by your definition, all warriors are homogenized.
    False. Its you who doesn;t have an argument, hence why you are straw manning and claiming I said things I didn't... THE IRONY.

You are trying to homogenize races by making them more like trolls in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, those are ghosts, not undead or forsaken. Only Zeliek counts.
    Sylvannas is the Banshee queen, leader of the Forsaken, they count.

The Lich King controls ghosts.

Sylvannas literally used to be a ghost, until she found her body.

And dude, go raid Kara, and lastly BOLVAR. lol

Ghosts/ Wraiths/ spirits are all undead and found within the scourge and forsaken.

You keep telling people not to straw and argue semantics, you keep doing it yourself.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-11-13 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok , leaving all those lore bs aside , from fun point of view, gimmie tauren rogues, thats all i need xD

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Draenei warlocks would be awesome, but meta form would have to turn you into jaraxxus.
    And their imps are Gnomes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEVOFfTvzQ

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only ones I would add at this point are gnome hunters. Gnomes are the race with the least available classes and hunters would make sense to me. As for other races, we would need to stretch the lore quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well, it's all a moot point anyway. They caved to the Lore Knights and there is no unlock. So, MAYBE in X6 they will do it. Until then, I am pretty much over this convo. Have a great day
    If you're asking for race/class combos to be the SAME across the board, you are asking for homogenization. It doesn't matter if racial traits are different, you're asking for SAMENESS in terms of fun or accessibility. However, the lore goes against this. So what if Trolls can be all classes but one? The Dwarves can too. It doesn't matter. Through lore, their race/class combos are plausible. However, that's not the same with every race, so your argument is void.

The only additional race/class combos I could see are:

Human Druid
    Dwarf Druid
    Night elf Paladin
    Gnome Hunter
    Worgen Monk
    Undead Paladin
    Blood elf Druid
    Goblin Monk

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    If anybody suggests 'Draenei Warlocks' I'm going to cry.
    I'd love to see these only because I love eredar... Sadly, I doubt they will ever be added. There are Broken warlocks, however.

Quote Originally Posted by demonlock666 View Post
    I'd love to see these only because I love eredar... Sadly, I doubt they will ever be added. There are Broken warlocks, however.
    Yes, but Draenei Warlocks go against their very nature. It doesn't make sense lore-wise.

I got no beef with Forsaken pallies. If people wanna play as Penance, let them.
    Last edited by Dispraise; 2013-11-13 at 11:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I have no problem with this, providing each new race/class combo has a good explanation. There are some which don't really fit, but there's no reason they can't exist (e.g Human Druids.). Others are harder to justify due to cultural reasons (e.g Draenei Warlocks) but explanations could still be found (e.g Fight fire with fire in the vein of DHs). So to speculate for the Alliance:

Humans:
    > Druids: We already have Gilnean druids who apparently took up pagan-esque practices after separating from the rest of the Alliance. Human Druids could be non-worgified Gilneans who took up the art.
    > Shaman: A natural result of close contact with the Dwarves, especially the Wildhammer.

Dwarves:
    >Druids: The Wildhammer Dwarves are already close with nature, so Druids aren't a huge stretch.

Gnome:
    >Paladin. We already have Gnome priests worshiping the Holy Light, Paladins aren't a stretch.
    >Druid/Shaman: Initially very weird seeming indeed, but they already have close proximity to Shamans (and with Wildhammer Druids, druids as well). They're also curious and inquisitive, so moving onto nature magic makes some degree of sense.

Night Elf:
    >Paladin: Could be nicely explained as a subset of Priestesses of the Moon, who are in-lore far more martial than the Priest class.
    >Warlock: Should we ever get DHs, Warlocks could also be justified with fight-fire-with-fire methods.
    >Shaman: Not a huge stretch given the Nelf's connection with nature.

Draenei:
    >Warlocks: Same as Nelfs.
    >Rogues: They're big, but that doesn't mean they can't be sneaky. We already have a Draenei SI:7 Agent in Pandaria. They could wrap their hooves in felt.
    > Druid: Close proximity to the Nelfs makes this a logical next step.

Worgen:
    >Monks: The same explanation for all the other races: retcon a Pandaren Monk into Gilneas.
    > Shaman: No real reason, but there's no reason why not either. The explanations used for humans could easily apply.
    >Paladins: Gilneas was cut off from the outside world prior to the formation of the Silver Hand, explaining the lack of Worgen Paladins. But they still worship the Light, so now they've reunited with the Alliance there's no reason why Worgen Paladins can't exist.

Pandaren:
    >DKs: There have supposedly always been the odd Pandaren adventurer wandering around Azeroth like Chen. Some could have been killed and risen as DKs.
    >Warlocks: A hard one. It would be a bit lazy to use the "fight fire with fire" excuse for all new Warlocks, but it could work. Or an extremist group of Panda's who believe that there's too much light, and that to achieve balance there must be a bit more darkness.
    >Druids: Would have made sense to begin with imo.
    I see all your points, some are good. Others are a bit of a stretch. Panda's I agree with, should of had druids from the start. Instead of cat form, dragon form. Bear = ox, and Crit chicken = a Chi-ji like Boomkin form.

As someone who actually cares about lore (not a TON, but I definitely do enjoy it), I say they should just make it so all races can play all classes (although we may run into an issue with druids). People who don't care about lore won't care, people who do care can make up their own back-story as to why their character is unorthodox (a la what a lot of GW2 players have done with Asura warriors, Sylvari Engineers, etc.); everyone* would be happy!

*in theory

Deleted
    human shaman pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Though it would be nice, I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    As someone who actually cares about lore (not a TON, but I definitely do enjoy it), I say they should just make it so all races can play all classes (although we may run into an issue with druids). People who don't care about lore won't care, people who do care can make up their own back-story as to why their character is unorthodox (a la what a lot of GW2 players have done with Asura warriors, Sylvari Engineers, etc.); everyone* would be happy!

*in theory
    This wouldn't make me happy

The Draenei can't be Warlocks. It goes against their very nature of being blessed by the Holy Naaru. Rogues wouldn't really work for Tauren and Draenei as well because of the hooves. The Night elves hate magic; bringing back the Highborne was stretch even for them, so why would fel make things any better? Orcs aren't holy. Etc. Just some of these don't make sense lore-wise, and people do care about the lore without roleplaying at all.

Pandas after their introduction should def get paladin open, considering they can be priests and service to the light would be right up their alley