Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Please no tinker. Let's go Timewarden!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaus View Post
    Please no tinker. Let's go Timewarden!
    Oh please that'd be so out of place in WoD, Demon Hunter all the way.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be a new class next expansion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Note: This is purely speculation.

So during GC's famous Tinker tweets this past summer, he made the following statements;

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...84467674243072

That line about Lucca from Chrono Trigger is an interesting one. For those who don't know, Chrono Trigger was an old Square game from the 1990s on the Super NES/Famicom that was based on time-travel. Lucca was an inventor who built the time machine that started the entire adventure. Its fascinating that out of all tech-class references, he chose one that had a time-travel slant.

pic:

The game itself:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger

Again, this could mean absolutely nothing. However IF the next Xpac is Warlords of Draenor, AND it deals with time travel, that's a very interesting tweet from GC that could be possibly a clue as to what to expect in the next expansion.

Thoughts?
    Though Lucca is a scientist, a tinkerer if you will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Yeah but like.. What "race" would they be?
    Well, if they were able to time travel I'm guessing they could be any race.

Still not interested in a tinker class though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Well, if they were able to time travel I'm guessing they could be any race.

Still not interested in a tinker class though.
    I love it when people use time travel as an excuse to not make decisions.

"What race is it"

"It can travel through time so all races."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If Warlords of Draenor adds a class, which I'm doubting it does, it will be Demon Hunter or Timewalker.

Personally I'm leaning toward Demon Hunter for obvious reasons.
    Sry but what parts are 'obvious' ?
    MMo-champ posted front page a name that has been registered or whatever, there has been no official say in whats to come or whats going to be involved in the next expansion.
    All we have had is a bunch of mindless posters on here speculating whats what trying to bring it off as fact because its in there head.
    Obvious will not arrive untill next friday.

By the way its been a few hours now...shouldnt you be changing your sig again??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Oh god not this 80 pages of tinker crap again! At least it can only last a week this time. *facepalm*
    I don't see a wrong with that. Wishes for Tinker!

i think he just mumbling because i would not like boring overpowered tinker class

12 classes seems like a sweet spot, and me thinks it will be another hero class.

Would much rather see bards than tinker, but THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN and it upsets me.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've always said, every WoW class comes from WC3. Goblin Tinkers and Goblin Alchemists are the only WC3 heroes whose abilities are not being used by existing WoW classes.

If there's going to be a new class, its pretty likely to be the Tinker.

However, if its Timewalkers, I'll be fine with that too.

"Someday" could also strongly suggest the release date of the next expansion.

As for Demon Hunters, keep in mind that at the time of Draenor's destruction, Illidan was imprisoned by Maiv Shadowsong.

It was Illidan who brought Demon Hunters to Draenor/Outland.
    If you believe it's time travel then all of that don't matter at all because time-travelling mess up everything.

Why are you taking that quote literally when Blizzard devs are notorious for purposeful misdirection?

Remember when Tom Chilton said that they only used Pandarens for "secondary products"?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/
    Your whole thread is based on taking a quote seriously. At least I'm saying they should be taken literally.

If you don't think quotes should be taken seriously you're going to need to do more to prove your point yourself, or you're in the exact same position re proof as I am.

Nice double standard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Your whole thread is based on taking a quote seriously. At least I'm saying they should be taken literally.

If you don't think quotes should be taken seriously you're going to need to do more to prove your point yourself, or you're in the exact same position re proof as I am.

I agree with this. Who's to say Lucca isn't "purposeful misdirection"?

Plus, time travel is firmly in the domain of magic in WoW. The only 'technology" implemented is through the use of magic hourglasses. I'm afraid you're grasping at straws here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I agree with this. Who's to say Lucca isn't "purposeful misdirection"?

Plus, time travel is firmly in the domain of magic in WoW. The only 'technology" implemented is through the use of magic hourglasses. I'm afraid you're grasping at straws here.
    So you're saying that there's no way Azeroth technology could produce a time machine? Engineers have already created dimensional portals in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post

Its pretty hard for "someday" to be taken literally when we don't know when "someday" is. It could be years from now, or it could be this upcoming expansion.

That's the flaw in your reasoning.

Sounds like he still wants to hear a good pitch from the designers. So it could happen but not for expac 5.

Screw lame Tinkers - give me my Demon Hunter plz thx
    DH would please ALOT of the community - cmon blizz - read the threads

As I've always said, every WoW class comes from WC3. Goblin Tinkers and Goblin Alchemists are the only WC3 heroes whose abilities are not being used by existing WoW classes.

If there's going to be a new class, its pretty likely to be the Tinker.

However, if its Timewalkers, I'll be fine with that too.
    "Tinker will obviously be the next and final class"

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Chrono ---> Tinker ----> Lucca ----> Akira Toriyama

Akira Toriyama ----> Artist ----> WoD ----> Alien Races -----> Saiyans & Namekians confirmed as playable alien races native to Dreanor next expansion.

Yup, Saiyans confirmed.