Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tinker, Demon Hunter, or Time Walker. The point is that a new class would be far more beneficial for the game than two new races overshadowed by the Vanilla character remodels.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghostcrawler dropped a hint when he was tweeting about Tinkers. He mentioned that a Tinker designed like Lucca from Chrono Trigger could be a workable Tinker design. Chrono Trigger is a game based on time-travel.
    i'd rather see Ranger class or Demon Hunter but Tinker is also cool.

but please no time travel lets fix the bronze dragonflights and stop dealing with alternative timelines

If there is new Races.

Horde:Ogres

Alliance:Not sure. Arrakoa

Or another neutral Race:Ethereal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    i'd rather see Ranger class or Demon Hunter but Tinker is also cool.
    I would be fine with any class that has been mentioned the last days. I need some fresh air to play in the next expansion. Regarding this, I really hope there is no new race as it lowers the chance for a new class also (yes I know about MoP having both).

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    They'll most likely be new races that we haven't even seen before, as opposed to TBC races.

Horde will probably get some sort of Demonic race, while Alliance will probably get a race of people that did used to live on Draenor.
    That would be more mature than having Ogres for the Horde lets say.

Deleted
    Tinker, Demon Hunter, or Time Walker. The point is that a new class would be far more beneficial for the game than two new races overshadowed by the Vanilla character remodels.
    New races would in no way be overshadowed by the new character models. Here's how the character models are going to go down, assuming they're all released at once: They'll be unveiled, people will love them or hate them and either way rant and rave about them loads. Then after a couple of months when they're all covered up in gear, people will get used to them and they'll never be remarked upon again. New races aren't going to be overshadowed by that.

Or alternately (and more likely imo) they can release the new models two races at a time, at launch and with every raid patch. This is clever because it takes strain off Blizzard's team, and also keeps the hype going across the entire expansion. But, because they'll be released mostly as part of the patch cycle they can't be touted as a big selling point of the xpac: ergo, they still won't be overshadowing new races.

And let's not forget, new races add a lot more than just aesthetics. They come with new lore and new zones as well. I honestly don't see how anyone can consider the new models to be equivalent to new races.

Ghostcrawler dropped a hint when he was tweeting about Tinkers. He mentioned that a Tinker designed like Lucca from Chrono Trigger could be a workable Tinker design. Chrono Trigger is a game based on time-travel.
    Correction. Chrono Trigger is the greatest game of all time based on time-travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We're doing classes now?

Ogre: Warrior, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Hunter, DK.

Arrakoa: Warrior, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Monk, Warlock.
    Sounds about right. Arakkoa Warlock would be ace. Not sure how a bird Monk could work, but hey, we already have Cow Monks, Space Squid Monks, Gnome Monks, and everything in between, so it could easily work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be kinda hard to introduce new races when the expansion is about time travel. Most of the new races and people we meet will be from different eras and/or timelines. Can't go and bring them over in to our time/place.

If we do get them Ogres seem kinda dead obvious though. They'd probably be Horde exclusive then, but I have no idea about Alliance. Arrakoa seems silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Ethereals don't show up until after Draenor goes snap crackle pop, iirc, so if there's a time-travel element I don't think they're a likely choice.
    IF there is any time travel, I would think that it's that when Draenor exploded...the rest of it (that isn't Outland) got sent in to the future (our in-game present) and that's where it all begins
    I don't feel like there'd be a whole expansion that takes place in the past...

I'd bet on arrakoa/ogres

- - - Updated - - -

We're doing classes now?

Ogre: Warrior, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Hunter, DK.

Arrakoa: Warrior, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Monk, Warlock.

I believe Warlords of Draenor is Cataclysm: Outland Edition. They'll revamp 60-70, then there'll be a new landmass that wasn't discovered until now that the Legion has been using as a base for their impending invasion of Azeroth for 90-??.
    Those classes seem right, and your belief about Cataclysm: Outland Ediition sounds totally believable
    I REALLY don't think it's an expansion about time travel...I think people are just assuming it is, and that, to me, is crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for ogres for the Horde and the broken for the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think it will be kinda hard to introduce new races when the expansion is about time travel. Most of the new races and people we meet will be from different eras and/or timelines. Can't go and bring them over in to our time/place.
    Well for Ogres, we can simply change do something that will change their decision of leaving Horde or something if it wont be about alternative timeline or... uhm :/ i dont rly understand the idea of time travel in WoW .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Warlords implies Orcs, because they are tribal.
    It fits Ogres as well.

And I do hope Horde gets Ogres. I'd definitely roll one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Sounds about right. Arakkoa Warlock would be ace. Not sure how a bird Monk could work, but hey, we already have Cow Monks, Space Squid Monks, Gnome Monks, and everything in between, so it could easily work.
    Ogre couldn't work for Monk due to their bulk and general slowness.

Arrakoa couldn't work for DK due to the fact they are native to Outland and few if any crossed to Azeroth. So I had to go with the Monk to keep it balanced.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    New races would in no way be overshadowed by the new character models. Here's how the character models are going to go down, assuming they're all released at once: They'll be unveiled, people will love them or hate them and either way rant and rave about them loads. Then after a couple of months when they're all covered up in gear, people will get used to them and they'll never be remarked upon again. New races aren't going to be overshadowed by that.

Or alternately (and more likely imo) they can release the new models two races at a time, at launch and with every raid patch. This is clever because it takes strain off Blizzard's team, and also keeps the hype going across the entire expansion. But, because they'll be released mostly as part of the patch cycle they can't be touted as a big selling point of the xpac: ergo, they still won't be overshadowing new races.

And let's not forget, new races add a lot more than just aesthetics. They come with new lore and new zones as well. I honestly don't see how anyone can consider the new models to be equivalent to new races.
    You kind of made my point for me. In your scenario all the hype is for which Vanilla race revamp is coming next. The attention won't be on those 2 new races Blizzard introduced for some reason. Additionally if Blizzard stops at the first 8 races, Blood Elf and Draenei players will wonder why Blizzard spent the time creating those two new races, and not spend the time updating their models from 2007.

As for the new racial lore, its pretty superficial. Worgens, Goblins, and Pandarens are side characters. Heck, Pandaren were pushed out of lore focus in their own expansion. When was the last time we visited Draenei lore? I don't think we even talked about the Forsaken in the whole of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jedijesse View Post
    IF there is any time travel, I would think that it's that when Draenor exploded...the rest of it (that isn't Outland) got sent in to the future (our in-game present) and that's where it all begins
    I don't feel like there'd be a whole expansion that takes place in the past...

I'd bet on arrakoa/ogres

- - - Updated - - -

Those classes seem right, and your belief about Cataclysm: Outland Ediition sounds totally believable
    I REALLY don't think it's an expansion about time travel...I think people are just assuming it is, and that, to me, is crazy
    Yeah the more we're looking into it the more it's starting to seem the leaks are pointing to the Legion.

You should check out the link about Grom in my sig now.

Ogres for horde feels kinda certain, alliance race is more uncertain.

Regardless of what some dreamers say, I think a new class is unlikely and they're more likely to go for races this time around.
    New races work as well if not even better as a selling point and a new class is not at all what the game needs, especially more melee DPS which is leading the wishlists.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Ogre couldn't work for Monk due to their bulk and general slowness.

Arrakoa couldn't work for DK due to the fact they are native to Outland and few if any crossed to Azeroth. So I had to go with the Monk to keep it balanced.
    Yeah, I see, and it makes sense. Ogres would never fight with the grace and honor of a Monk, they simply can't float like that. Taurens at least have the principles down for it, but Ogres don't care about such.

As far as we know little, if even any Arakkoas have been brought to Azeroth, the only one I can think of is the one in Violet Hold who was captured by the Kirin Tor, which means that they would never have had the chance to have been taken by The Lich King.

And while DK is very different from Monks, it does balance it out since it is the 2 newer classes, so I like that.

Deleted
    You kind of made my point for me. In your scenario all the hype is for which Vanilla race revamp is coming next. The attention won't be on those 2 new races Blizzard introduced for some reason. Additionally if Blizzard stops at the first 8 races, Blood Elf and Draenei players will wonder why Blizzard spent the time creating those two new races, and not spend the time updating their models from 2007.

As for the new racial lore, its pretty superficial. Worgens, Goblins, and Pandarens are side characters. Heck, Pandaren were pushed out of lore focus in their own expansion. When was the last time we visited Draenei lore? I don't think we even talked about the Forsaken in the whole of MoP.
    Yes, new races have been handled poorly in the past but Blizzard can learn from their mistakes. Goblins and Blood Elves have been incorporated well into the Horde faction and Pandaren (even if it wasn't the faction Pandaren.) were undeniably in a central role in 5.0. You're still ignoring the fact that new models are purely aesthetic. It's something cool which is nice to have, but it's not a selling point. It offers no lore, no content, no new gameplay - nothing aside from something pretty to look at. Some people might be able to get hyped up about that now, and at Blizzcon, but when the expansion comes out it won't be long before everyone realises what a shallow addition to the game it is. And if there's no new races and/or class in addition, the entire expansion is going to look equally shallow.

This is the 10th anniversary so I'm fully expecting Blizzard to go all out. Especially with their increased team size. Lvl cap at 100, revamped Outland, Old Draenor, 2 new races, new hero class and new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves for Alliance and I guess Ogre or something for Horde. Since we are getting reworked models for old races I don't really think the High Elves look like Blood Elves thing is really an excuse. High Elves don't fit directly with the WoD idea but it fits with the current state of the game where High Elves are having a resurgence.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Grom is a neutral race or the alliance race?

See my Sig for what grom is.