Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And it's topics like these that should put any fear people still have of LFR being removed from the game at ease.

So long as you give the ability to create groups in the hands of the players, you will always have people that refuse to take players that haven't done the content into the groups, or refuse entry unless they have all the gear they need...from the content they need gear from.

Flexible Raid is a great idea, but like I said before it was even released, the community was going to ruin the very spirit of what it was supposed to be with ridiculous requirements and an elitist attitude in a difficult that was designed with the less-skilled, more casual players in mind. And lo and behold, it's exactly what happened.

But to remain on topic, simply make your own groups, TC, if it's an issue. Flex isn't that difficult, it doesn't' require you to have 540 gear to complete fast and efficiently, and the people that seem to think it does generally aren't entirely skilled themselves, and do require people to over gear the content so they can be carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It is dumb. Flex was meant for more casual groups or for groups that didn't/couldn't sit people. Like anything though, you get people that see Flex and go "Ah ha! Another chance at that tier/trinket/weapon that eludes me in Normal and Heroic!" and these are the people who expect 14/14 folks to join, or expect zero wipes, or demand that it be X many players only (I have actually seen this on OpenRaid; people saying in comments "Will only come if 15 or less people; more than 2 wipes and I drop.") because it doesn't share a lockout with Normal. Talk about entitlement!

The solution is to ignore these people; they aren't the kind of player you want to associate with.
    exactly, you want to associate with those who are too stupid to move out of an AoE or can't target switch to adds.

please do your 412412 wipes run and don't try to be carried by those who know what to do.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    And it's topics like these that should put any fear people still have of LFR being removed from the game at ease.

So long as you give the ability to create groups in the hands of the players, you will always have people that refuse to take players that haven't done the content into the groups, or refuse entry unless they have all the gear they need...from the content they need gear from.

Flexible Raid is a great idea, but like I said before it was even released, the community was going to ruin the very spirit of what it was supposed to be with ridiculous requirements and an elitist attitude in a difficult that was designed with the less-skilled, more casual players in mind. And lo and behold, it's exactly what happened.

But to remain on topic, simply make your own groups, TC, if it's an issue. Flex isn't that difficult, it doesn't' require you to have 540 gear to complete fast and efficiently, and the people that seem to think it does generally aren't entirely skilled themselves, and do require people to over gear the content so they can be carried.
    Keep you noble sentiments about the lfr community to yourself. Most heroic raiders don't see the need to wipe on piss easy content when it can be prevented with higher ilvl req.

Make your groups if you want to wipe and progress or you are in a social group. That's all fine and good. Just don't try to assume that EVERYONE who uses flex is a casual who is using it in place of lfr aka wipefest.
    Mew!

I'm 558 ilvl and have 522 necks and a 530 belt. Sucks having to run flex every week so I might as well ask for a really fast run. They never drop in raids nor do I want to pay gold for sub-standard belts(lolhaste).

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    I'm 558 ilvl and have 522 necks and a 530 belt. Sucks having to run flex every week so I might as well ask for a really fast run. They never drop in raids nor do I want to pay gold for sub-standard belts(lolhaste).
    neck is an easy fix from Hello Kitty Island. Either a token upgraded or Ordos. Belt is also an Ordos drop. Wouldnt go belt in a timeless token as they have only one gem slot.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

ordos sucks, he drops necklaces for my alts but nothing for my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Dude. It's flex. You can start a group yourself if there are so many people stuck without the achieve.
    What you and others are missing is that the acheive CANNOT be done on Flex. The RLs aren't asking for someone who's cleared flex, they're looking for people who've cleared NORMAL. Imagine, for a moment, that someone was putting together a normal run and insisting you had to have 14/14 heroic.

I get wanting a quick run, but it's ridiculous to ask for 550 and AoC. For all of you "make your own group" zombies (the people who don't think, just reply), what WOULD be out of bounds? "LFM Flex, have 570, 14/14H"? Or is that just fine too? Is there nothing that becomes a silly and over the top? IF not... . you might be trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    What you and others are missing is that the acheive CANNOT be done on Flex. The RLs aren't asking for someone who's cleared flex, they're looking for people who've cleared NORMAL. Imagine, for a moment, that someone was putting together a normal run and insisting you had to have 14/14 heroic.

I get wanting a quick run, but it's ridiculous to ask for 550 and AoC. For all of you "make your own group" zombies (the people who don't think, just reply), what WOULD be out of bounds? "LFM Flex, have 570, 14/14H"? Or is that just fine too? Is there nothing that becomes a silly and over the top? IF not... . you might be trolls.
    It would be out of bonds the moment the dude asking it can't form a group. That's when it would be dumb to not lower >his< requirements. Until then, the higher, the faster.

I really dont see a problem with whatever high requiremetn someone is asking for his flex group.
    HIS raid, HIS rules.

He can ask for 14/14H and its his right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    all the gear is 540 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.
    You can easily be 540+ and still need gear from flex..... My main is 555 and still using a 530 trinket from tot.

I mean with full normal mode tot gear (upgraded) and the legendary cloak you are almost 540 anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    all the gear is 540 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.
    He wants alts of people who have cleared it on their main obviously. But this topic seems recurrent, I don't get why people simply don't make their own runs.

Some raid leaders that are making groups are kinda stupid and silly. Im 560 ilevel on some alts with 3/14 H exp and people still ignore me cause they want to bring the magic number 14 to raid. They really dont understand that if you bring someone doing 300k dps it probably doesnt matter, but hey, their groups their stupid dumbass rules.

Deleted
    Some people want easy runs with people having similar gear as they have. They may also not want to bother with explaining tactics.

I don't see the problem in that, find another group to join instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    I really dont see a problem with whatever high requiremetn someone is asking for his flex group.
    HIS raid, HIS rules.

He can ask for 14/14H and its his right to do so.
    This sort of attitude needs to stop being peddled around. Thinking like this only empowers this kind of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

If normal was available to cross server groups you would see exactly that.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    The only reason people require "550+,14/14 normal achie!" for Flex p4 is because there is plenty of people above those requirements still need flex. It's really as simple as that. I am in 570 gear with 9 hc bosses down but I still need to do flex to get a OS trinket so I can viably swap to ele on 1 heal fights and dark shaman (Need disc priest)
    Yep, also a big part of it. The demand/interest is there right now from those players.

Also as the the above poster said, cross realm increases the pool of players so requirements can afford to be stricter. There's also more groupthink going on. (ie: 14 man flex groups)

High ilvl pug flex runs are usually very successful. That is why there is a demand for such runs. Absolutely nothing wrong with making the best use of your time if it's limited. Would you rather do both wings 3&4 on flex with a 550+ ilvl group? Or wipe 5-10 times ( if you are lucky) with a 520 ilvl group?

No wonder there is still great demand for high ilvl pug flex runs.
    Mew!

550 is fair now. My druid alt that hasn't set foot in normals or heroics has 556 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    This sort of attitude needs to stop being peddled around. Thinking like this only empowers this kind of behavior.
    That is your opinion. In my opinion, this sort of attitude needs to be enforced because thinking like this does indeed empower that kind of behavior.

Some people run it on alts, and prefer a wipeless and faster than usual experience in. If you got a group you could set it up however you'd want

me personally, if I had the achieve (2 kills away) I would join them. Sorta guarantees the people know what they're doing, with achieves being account wide can easily get a alt run up

In my experiences with Trade, Oqeue, Openraid. There are more groups with an average ilvl requirement than there are with a Ahead of the Curve / Extremely high Ilvl. They're not taking over the scene.