Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    ZA & ZG, such a shame they left them to fester for soooooooo long.

I hope for lots of dungeons that are fun and fast paced. PLEASE NO MORE TIMED BULLSHIT. I hated the MoP dungeons.

A lot of dungeons in addition to something like the Timeless Isle would be great.

I'd love to see some well-designed dungeons. I think with LFR we are kinda screwed for dungeons now though. Only option I can see would be to hire some new art staff and make transmog sets that are exclusive to dungeons or only earnable through tokens from dungeons. Grind dungeons for valor for gear and tokens for transmog sets (dps/heal/tank sets) and run LRF for actual gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    In total agreement. They are VERY tedious. I'd rather have scenarios even.
    If you could level in scenarios, then i would agree with you. Loot and everything like it is in dungeons.
    Not just to watch some booring content.

IF we have scenarios ONLY as a max level content - as it is now.. it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    There will be alot of 5 mans due to "downscaling timewarden thing" cheers!
    I don't think downscaling has too many fans. Maybe it's time for a poll, but... I am very meh on the whole thing (if I want to run a level 20 instance with a level 20, I can always do this with an alt... no need to invent anything here), and the vast majority of responses I see regarding this on the forums are "ONLY IF THIS IS OPTIONAL". So...

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I hope for lots of dungeons that are fun and fast paced. PLEASE NO MORE TIMED BULLSHIT. I hated the MoP dungeons.

A lot of dungeons in addition to something like the Timeless Isle would be great.
    What MoP dungeons were timed?

Deleted
    Loads of 5man dungeons with variating paths/bosses (randomized) is one thing that would bring me back to wow.

Blizzard really needs to step up their game in the 5 man department again. What happened in MoP is a shame. Not just the laughable number of dungeons or the shockingly stupid move of making them completely unrewarding, eliminating them out of the character advancement wheel. I also feel that the MoP 5 mans were very sub-par. Very half-assed. And it's all the more disappointing considering how much 5 mans improved during WotLK and Cata. There were some really stellar ones, and it's a shame to see this classic form of instanced content deteriorate like this.

One can really tell how they couldn't be bothered with it this time around. I'm not sure if their current approach is a good idea. I, for one, just don't care for all their raid crap any more - be it LFR, flex or whatever. I imagine there are lots of people who aren't particularly interested in raiding, and I doubt that those flimsy scenarios really qualify as a substantial range of content for those players.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-11-03 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    That's not entirely true. I don't know anyone that can't solo most or all of the MoP heroics. Obviously some classes can do it with less gear, but as an example my prot warrior soloed H Stormstout in 5.1. There was a Blood DK soloing gold challenge modes in 5.2. It's more of a gear/skill issue than a class issue (though class does determine how much gear you need to an extent).
    If this is true, then the 5 mans are too easy or gear scaling has gone absolutely out of control.

MoP is the only wow xpac with no new 5 mans since launch. Pure lazyness.

"We don't want to give players any quick catch up mechanics."... then BAM timeless isle.

They wanted to promote their shitty scenarios. They were banking on scenarios being popular. Everyone I know hates them. I can't speak for the entire wow population but I'm going to guess next xpac features more 5 mans and less scenarios.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2013-11-03 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I miss having new dungeons, because I want something to tank.

When we get a ton of scenarios however, every time I want to queue up as tank I get the "Oh no a tank, why dont you go DPS? Now the run will take aaageees!"

10+ Year Old Account
    OP - Yes yes and yes. Im moving to TESO as my main game, but yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think downscaling has too many fans. Maybe it's time for a poll, but... I am very meh on the whole thing (if I want to run a level 20 instance with a level 20, I can always do this with an alt... no need to invent anything here), and the vast majority of responses I see regarding this on the forums are "ONLY IF THIS IS OPTIONAL". So...
    I can't just conjure a level 20 alt out of thin air. Not without downscaling, anyway.

They were pretty challenging in 5.0 when all you had is blue gear( not +24 sockets gear you have today). Timer just makes it more challenging.
    Also they are still pretty hard for 90% of wow players who have no 9/9 gold. I find it hard to comprehend why so many people said that timer is stressful addition. If you are going to take bronze there is no reason to watch at the timer at all.

A lot of dungeons are cool but what I want is the dungeon system that serves a meaningful purpose in porgression system. I am quite hopeful about this because in his twitter GC said that he likes dungeon in Cata and the reason it failed was because it was put in LFD and there was no alternative. This gives me hope that he will make dungeons that are reasonably hard and drop equally good gears but it will be seperated from LFD.

I have said before that 5man has been bad since vanilla.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-11-03 at 10:46 AM.

Five minutes of button mashing.

Doesn't really matter if five-man, scenario, or otherwise. Do not want.
    Last edited by Salted Beef; 2013-11-03 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Blizzard really needs to step up their game in the 5 man department again. What happened in MoP is a shame. Not just the laughable number of dungeons or the shockingly stupid move of making them completely unrewarding, eliminating them out of the character advancement wheel. I also feel that the MoP 5 mans were very sub-par. Very half-assed. And it's all the more disappointing considering the fact that they had proven that they are capable of making stellar 5 man content during the previous two expansions.

One can really tell how they couldn't be bothered with it this time around. I'm not sure if their current approach is a good idea. I, for one, just don't care for all the raid crap any more - be it LFR, flex or whatever. I imagine there are lots of people who aren't particularly interested in raiding, and I doubt that those flimsy scenarios really qualify as a substantial range of content for those players.
    It's not that they couldn't be bothered, it's more a case of them not wanting to waste time making them when all they're used for is progression into the normal mode of the first raid and nothing more. If they had more of a use than just that (or perhaps earning a little bit of valor) then they would probably spend time making more of them.

Ghostcrawler tweeted once on Twitter that it can take the same length of time to create a 5-man instance as it does to create a small raid. I don't personally believe that myself but I do think it would take quite a long time, and I'd rather see environments like Throne of Thunder with 13 raid bosses than a few extra 5-mans at the start of an expansion, which, currently, is the choice they have to make.

Scenarios take much less of an effort because the assets already exist, which is a clever idea, but it's not really my cup of tea.

What would I like to see? Challenge modes for old 5-mans. Not even fussed about gear progression, just let me do The Arcatraz on challenge mode. Pretty please...

Deleted
    I'm definitely hoping for more dungeons. Rework scenarios as solo content (but with the option to bring along a couple of friends) for leveling, and make dungeons into the casual end-game content. A nice round dozen would be nice. Maybe revamp some of the old TBC dungeons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    If this is true, then the 5 mans are too easy or gear scaling has gone absolutely out of control.
    The gear scaling has gone absolutely out of control, no surprises here. It happens every expansion. As an example, I have been able to two-man every single heroic in 5.3 on a DPS hybrid with my friend's paladin. I never did anything higher than LFR, and he only ever does PVP (so, no tank gear even!). And with 5.4, I think I would no longer need him for some heroics...
    Last edited by rda; 2013-11-03 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    What MoP dungeons were timed?
    That shitty dungeon with the monk students for example. Waiting in one spot for ages waiting for it to end.