Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

New WoW Expansion - Anyone else hoping for a return to plenty of dungeons?

One of my major gripes about MoP was the lack of new dungeons to run. The rehashing of old ones is ok, but I wanted new ones alongside the raids, for me LFR was not as enjoyable as doing dungeons runs. Anyone else want them to bring this back with the new expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Nope, I hate running 5 mans more than I have to. They are tedious and I have never seen the point other than getting starter gear, rep, or currency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Although i mostly raid i must say i like a new dungeon when a new raid comes out.

Not that it is needed, but i do like it.

The reason we got less dungeons was because of Scenarios.

We got a TON of those; but I don't like it. Scenarios are fine and all, but I don't want more scenarios at the cost of less five-mans.

I'm also 100% for updating dungeons. It's NOT "rehasing", since they massively alter it, so you can't really call it a rehash of anything other than the general location.

Also, we got no new 5-mans for SoO, which I really thought sucked. I was looking forward to them after we got 3 cool 5-mans for each end raid in WotLK and Cata.

Also also, TBC had the most 5-mans, Wotlk had one or two less (I forget which), cata had like three less than WotLK and now MoP has followed up with only 9- if you even count the Scarlet dungeons has two and not really just one.

And of the 9 we have, lots of them are VERY short.

Nope - Dungeons are WAY too overrated. Fun the first one or two times, then you never run them or only grudgingly do so for points. Huge waste of art assets when they would be better spent developing more useful stuff instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Nope, I hate running 5 mans more than I have to. They are tedious and I have never seen the point other than getting starter gear, rep, or currency.
    In total agreement. They are VERY tedious. I'd rather have scenarios even.

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    but I wanted new ones alongside the raids, for me LFR was not as enjoyable as doing dungeons runs.
    A valid concern, however Blizzard stated a while ago that developing new dungeons for each raid tier during Cata (Firelands, Dragon Soul) led to these raids having a very low number of Bosses. So they decided to solve the problem by shoving the gear-up process into LFR entirely and having a small second team work on intermediate patches containing scenarios (which are supposedly easier and faster to create than dungeons) and solo player story content.

I'm with you however, having new dungeons on a regular schedule, maybe even harder ones, was a lot more compelling than the current content, which is either overpower it ten-fold or easy as melting ice in summer. Joy is essentially left behind.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-11-03 at 09:48 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Nope - Dungeons are WAY too overrated. Fun the first one or two times, then you never run them or only grudgingly do so for points. Huge waste of art assets when they would be better spent developing more useful stuff instead.
    I didn't know your opinion was fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    A valid concern, however Blizzard stated a while ago that developing new dungeons for each raid tier during Cata (Firelands, Dragon Soul) led to these raids having a very low number of Bosses. So they decided to solve both probelms at once by shoving the gear-up process into LFR entirely and having a small second team work on intermediate patches containing scenarios (which are supposedly easier and faster to create than dungeons) and solo player story content.

I'm with you however, having new dungeons on a regular schedule, maybe even harder ones, was a lot more compelling than the current content, which is either overpower it ten-fold or easy as melting ice in summer. Joy is essentially left behind.
    We didn't get any dungeons for Firelands, though. And they juggled the ICC 5-mans just fine with the raid.

I call bullshit on them claiming that it steals that much development from the Raid. They just wanted an excuse for Dragon Soul and so they pinned it on the 5-mans which is insanely too bad.

yes, i want the 5 mans back. i hate having to do all of these fucking rep grind bullshit things for some shitty gear. 5 mans were pretty much all i did in cata. i would occasionally do dragon soul in raid finder, but that's it. i don't do normal raids, and i don't do rep grinds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    A valid concern, however Blizzard stated a while ago that developing new dungeons for each raid tier during Cata (Firelands, Dragon Soul) led to these raids having a very low number of Bosses. So they decided to solve both probelms at once by shoving the gear-up process into LFR entirely and having a small second team work on intermediate patches containing scenarios (which are supposedly easier and faster to create than dungeons) and solo player story content.

Which cant be totally true. We had plenty of bosses and dungeons in the past, suddenly became a problem. Then they were able to find lots of time to throw out lots of scenarios, which are treated as a daily quest.

Deleted
    Same gripe with (hc) scenarios. For saving grace, they're more efficient to run for points.

10+ Year Old Account
    But dungeons are boring, why?!!??!?!??!?!!?!?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Dungeons are boring for you, others like myself found them enjoyable and very social.
    Some used to run them as a means to an end (badges) I liked to run them with guildmates whilst chatting on vent/ts as I am sure others did aswell

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want 5-mans back certainly as there's always a more polished feel to dungeons than there are to scenarios in my opinion. I would like to see more solo scenarios over group scenarios though.

Also I think towards the end of an expansion the catch up mechanic for gear should be dungeon based rather than loot pinata timeless isle. Basically like it was in hour of twilight dungeons in Cata. You had to run them a few times to get the gear at least and it wasn't always guaranteed you'd win because someone else might need them.

HC dungeons should be a bit more difficult but more rewarding as well. 200 valor for the first dungeon of the day and 100 there after.
    Butts.

They need to have more 5-man dungeons, but also give us more of a reason to run through them after we stop needing gear from them. I think this worked in TBC and WotLK where you had different factions, with whom you earned reputation, but also something like "daily HC". The daily HC would be random for each day, and could maybe award you some form of token, and you could later spend these tokens on pets or mounts, or something.

I would love more 5 mans. Also put me in the boat for higher difficulty 5 mans as well. Make a separate difficulty or make a few extras that are just harder kind of like the ICC dungeons. I guess that's a little off topic.

I did find MoP 5 mans tedious, but I think that's only because there were so few of them. I felt like I was always getting Siege of Niuzao Temple. The only other time, in the history of the game, that I felt 5 mans were tedious was at the end of Cataclysm. That's because everyone queued for twilight dungeons since it had it's own queue. So even when I was finished with those dungeons they are all I'd ever get from the random queue. Was so frustrating seeing that Well of eternity loading screen pop up ugh!

Hopefully this new tech with the level scaling helps this issue out a lot. I'd love to queue in to a random pool of every 5 man in the game. I could valor cap by doing Utgarde Pinnacle, Mechanar, or Lost city of Tolvir. To me, that idea just sounds amazing.

Deleted
    They should make the difficulty adaptive. So as your ilvl increases, they remain at least a small amount of difficulty.

Yes, I hope we have more dungeons, more scenarios and, in general, more small-group and solo content.

I think (not saying I know), most of the subscribers are NOT interested in raids and are only doing LFR, because there is very little else to do. Blizzard do try to add some non-raid content, and that's good, but they should do much more, the amount of non-raid content that they are adding now is too small - you are more or less done with it several weeks after a patch.

YES YES YES AND A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!!

The lack of dungeons in MOP is one of the really big turndowns for me
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Deleted
    Yes they are tedious, because they are waaaaay to easy. They are just aoe spam fests for justice points at this point, and no challange modes arent hard either :P

They just need to make it challanging :P Idc if you want to steamroll (generally directed at people, not the quote), it's not a good stance to take on content. Same goes for everything in this game, it's to much 1-3 shot mobs and then move on, its boring and it really doesn't make me bond with my character or class...

Not to mention classes are basically the same now within their respective roles.... But thats no the point here.

So yeah more dungeons, but make them harder and preferably have atleast one really long one, aka 2-3 hours lenght, but it should not be included in the random pool, but you should be able to que for it if you want to.