Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Here's the thing. The reaction at the Pandaria leak was "oh no, they wouldn't do that, surely this is fake"... and they did it... and look where it got them, hemorrhaging subs like crazy. A lot of people quit the game during MoP. The exodus started not long after MoP's release, when you look at the quarterly results sub numbers reported. And not many people who quit during Cata even came back for MoP, because it didn't sound appealing to them.

So yes all of MoP has been a bit of a debacle, and not just the leak beforehand. The people that frequent these forums represent a tiny, tiny fraction of the people that play WoW, but they are people who generally like and care about the Warcraft universe. And if the immediate reaction is negative here, it just doesn't bode well for the overall success of the xpac.
    Almost all the people cried about Pandas and it being a childrens game.. if they played previously, still played. I have no real evidence or facts on this.. but I know that a lot of the people who I played with for years said they'd never play MoP, but they're all still on my RealID. That may not be the case for everyone.. in fact, I'm sure it isn't.. but people love a gang mentality. "PANDAS? WHAT IS THIS KUNG FU PANDA? IM NOT 12 IM NOT PLAYING THAT! MUTINY!" However.. if you've invested this kind of time and money into a game, and gotten good at it.. it's not really about the content as much as it is a habit.

Blizzard said that tons of people have always unsubscribed, but they were always able to get more people to subscribe than those who unsubscribed. So really, it's not about focusing on those who are leaving (I know that sucks to hear when you've been loyal to a game for years).. it's about focusing on recruiting kids who were 4 when WoW came out, and are now 14.. and are of age to give it a shot.

The trouble is, with a game that's 10 years old.. new gamers most likely feel overwhelmed at jumping into a 10 year old game, not to mention a game that has 4, soon to be 5 expansions. Even with Blizzard's new deal of including most of the expansions in the purchase.. imagine it from a true outsider. It has to feel overwhelming. This is what Blizzard needs to overcome. They're not worried about those who have been subscribing for years.. because I'm sure they have data and numbers and expect a certain percentage to unsubscribe every quarter. They're worried about not getting NEW players to join in. Think about this for a second: if the subscriptions dropped 1.2 million last quarter, or whatever it is.. think of what the TRUE number is. They're not factoring in new subscriptions. So they may have garnered 800,000 new subscriptions last quarter, but lost 1.2 million.

They're less concerned about the loyal guy who's been playing for 7 years leaving. They're more concerned about the kid who was in diapers when WoW was released now getting into games, and getting his parents to buy him a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The mobile armory however is years old and nothing about portable devices appeared on the Cataclysm or MoP trademark. When I say "if there is any reason why there should be something with portable devices for WoW" I'm talking about something other than the mobile armory.
    A couple of points here:

1) The trademark you posted in your original post for MoP does say "wireless devices" which could pertain to smartphones, ipads, ect. The reason it's worded differently than the WoD trademark is that the trademark "rules" were updated at the beginning of the year.

2) Just because something is trademarked, doesn't mean the company is going to use it for that purpose. They're just covering all of their bases.

3) The mobile armory does contain content from the new expansions, yes? If they didn't protect that information pertaining to WoD in the trademark, it could be used by other people.

Warlords of Draenor would not get me back to WOW. It really sounds to me that BLizzard is once again going in the extreme other direction (away from MOP) and I have learened by now that whenever Blizzard does that... they fail horribly. So even before Blizzcon starts... I can safely say I will be remembering Outland as it was when I played it in TBC and will not buy the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Warlords of Draenor would not get me back to WOW. It really sounds to me that BLizzard is once again going in the extreme other direction (away from MOP) and I have learened by now that whenever Blizzard does that... they fail horribly. So even before Blizzcon starts... I can safely say I will be remembering Outland as it was when I played it in TBC and will not buy the next expansion.
    Wait a second. So, based on a name.. not knowing any of the new features, lore, upgrades.. you're saying you won't get into it? That's a bit premature isn't it? Sounds like you're done with WoW no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    A couple of points here:

1) The trademark you posted in your original post for MoP does say "wireless devices" which could pertain to smartphones, ipads, ect. The reason it's worded differently than the WoD trademark is that the trademark "rules" were updated at the beginning of the year.

2) Just because something is trademarked, doesn't mean the company is going to use it for that purpose. They're just covering all of their bases.

3) The mobile armory does contain content from the new expansions, yes? If they didn't protect that information pertaining to WoD in the trademark, it could be used by other people.

1) it doesn't talk about games on wireless devices, it talks about
    downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices
    . Warlords talks about
    Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs
    2) Then why haven't they done it before? Why didn't they do it on Reaper of Souls, just in case.

3) Again, the mobile armory is out for a couple of years now. They would've included portable devices in the Cata and MoP trademarks then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I too think it's related to HS. HS is so small as a game it will need expansions faster than WOW. Wouldn't be surprised if we got the first expansion during summer. A bit early for any Blizzcon announcements, not that so small game would even have a lot of news about it.

But if it was for WOW, then it makes sense to have a time travel expansion after the discovery of the timewalkers and timeless isle. But the name does not make any sense. Surely old antagonists in the past outland are not a threat to azeroth.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-11-03 at 08:10 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

They have zero plans to make Warcraft 4, Hearthstone isn't even on live servers yet, so no expansion this early, plus their are Outland things already in that game. This if it's real, (which I hope it's fake) is a WoW expansion with out a doubt. There is honestly NOTHING else it could be. Please.... PLEASE!!! Please, let this be an elaborate fake, I haven't felt this much dread since I got my ex preggers...

Deleted
    And Reaper of Souls talks about
    downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices
    So that category probably still exists.http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...808:vew5ou.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I too think it's related to HS. HS is so small as a game it will need expansions faster than WOW. Wouldn't be surprised if we got the first expansion during summer. A bit early for any Blizzcon announcements, not that so small game would even have a lot of news about it.
    Dear lord and heaven, please tell me you're joking

A game that's still in beta.. an online F2P card-game (which is tons of fun, btw).. having an expansion announced or trademarked? Look at Blizzard's patterns over the last 5-10 years! They always trademark their stuff just before they're about to announce it. This is how they do it. The next WoW expansion will be called Warlords of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Almost all the people cried about Pandas and it being a childrens game.. if they played previously, still played. I have no real evidence or facts on this.. but I know that a lot of the people who I played with for years said they'd never play MoP, but they're all still on my RealID. That may not be the case for everyone.. in fact, I'm sure it isn't..
    90 percent of the people I played with from Classic through the end of LK fled the game during Cata. The other 10 percent left in early MoP. None of them have active WoW accounts anymore. A few of them have indicated they'd come back for an xpac that doesn't suck.

MoP was simply not interesting enough to attract new players. Nor was it interesting enough to keep all the old players. MMOs generally gain customers via word of mouth, not necessarily the box sitting on a shelf at the GameStop. I mean look at these forums, in some of the nostalgia threads, where people say when they began playing wow - most of the time they say things like "I play Alliance because the friend who got me to play WoW was Alliance" or "I started playing in BC when my friend convinced me to try the game".

So really, it's not about focusing on those who are leaving (I know that sucks to hear when you've been loyal to a game for years).. it's about focusing on recruiting kids who were 4 when WoW came out, and are now 14.. and are of age to give it a shot.
    The fewer of us with active subscriptions, the fewer of us there are sharing the game with friends and getting them to try it. Blizzard knows this. It's not only about getting new subs, it's also about keeping the ones you have happy. You don't want a game with 100 percent churn because it is going to die sooner rather than later. Blizzard is paying a vendor to run a focus group going with prior players to learn from them about why they quit and what they want. Blizzard is implementing sweeping changes and buffs to the Recruit A Friend program. Blizzard does not want existing customers to quit. They want to keep us AND get us to bring our friends.

No, they won't ever be able to achieve 100 percent retention, and that's because life happens (people quit gaming for a variety of reasons). And that is why you always need recruiting to happen, to make up for those people who have to leave for extenuating circumstances. But they can do a lot better than they've been doing the last 3 years. You never want people to quit simply because they are disappointed in your product, which has happened in both of the last 2 xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    You don't even know what they're going to be doing if it's the Burning Legion again. So many people (including you) seem to think that we'd be getting a revamped Outland, aka Cata V2. Why? Because it says 'Draenor' in the title? Come on now. Common sense is if they do revamp it, it would just be for level 60-70, as it does desperately need an update. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll bet every penny I have that if it's the Burning Legion, the current Outland will either be revamped for 60-70 leveling or remain untouched. We'll get entirely new zones or a new planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I hope this isn't the new expansion, the whole timeline/time travel thing is kinda boring.

It's funny how you accuse me of being condescending, yet you couldn't be any more condescending yourself
    ACTUALLY, I said that MY idea was given in a condescending manner, omgosh I'm so sorry you actually CAN'T read ((((

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    You don't even know what they're going to be doing if it's the Burning Legion again. So many people (including you) seem to think that we'd be getting a revamped Outland, aka Cata V2. Why? Because it says 'Draenor' in the title? Come on now. Common sense is if they do revamp it, it would just be for level 60-70, as it does desperately need an update. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll bet every penny I have that if it's the Burning Legion, the current Outland will either be revamped for 60-70 leveling or remain untouched. We'll get entirely new zones or a new planet.
    This is WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY TO THESE PEOPLE FOR FOREVER.

Not to mention the fact that it's referencing CHARACTERS FROM DRAENOR, NOT DRAENOR ITSELF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    ACTUALLY, I said that MY idea was given in a condescending manner, omgosh I'm so sorry you actually CAN'T read ((((

- - - Updated - - -

This is WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY TO THESE PEOPLE FOR FOREVER.

Not to mention the fact that it's referencing CHARACTERS FROM DRAENOR, NOT DRAENOR ITSELF.
    Yes I can't read. You have found my one weakness. That and large breasts.

Deleted
    Problem is, apparently that category for mousepads and bundles doesn't exist anymore, so that might be the reason it doesn't show up.
    I'm not so sure about this...

I'm no expert, but looking at

http://web2.wipo.int/nicepub/edition...ion=no&lang=en

which (as far as I understand) is the current verision, mousepads still appears to be in class 9.

As i said i'm no expert and may very well be wrong, and if that is the case feel free to correct me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    I'm not so sure about this...

I'm no expert, but looking at

http://web2.wipo.int/nicepub/edition...ion=no&lang=en

which (as far as I understand) is the current verision, mousepads still appears to be in class 9.

As i said i'm no expert and may very well be wrong, and if that is the case feel free to correct me.
    You're right. I was lied to! Also lol at manholes.

Yes I can't read. You have found my one weakness. That and large breasts.
    Well I mean, yknow, if you're going to rebuttal with a snobbish attitude you should probably know what you're talking about, right?

Sounds like common sense to me. : /

Deleted
    You're right. I was lied to! Also lol at manholes.
    Yeah, much fun can be found in that list...

OT: I hope WoD isn't the new expansion, not because I don't like the name or concept (although the name could have been better).
    I just want to watch the trailer and not have a single clue about what the expansion might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Now I think Blizzard is just fucking with us...

And I wonder how much shit we can pack onto that image...
    The next logical step for that picture is to put it into subway.

At least it'll keep us guessing. I want to at least have a sense of surprise when the expac is announced.