Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally, I don't think Warlords of Draenor and what it's said to be would make for much of a WoW expansion. I am however hoping it'll be a new RTS for a few reasons:
    1) The plot/timeline (the one where we go back in time) people are suggesting lends itself very well to set up a prequel to Warcraft I. Obviously it wouldn't be about going back in time, but setting it in that era works.
    2) A time-travel expansion (some of the leading speculation suggests we'd be going back to pre-Outland Draenor) would be very hard to do right. It works okay for dungeons and content in small portions, but a whole expansion might be a bit much, given the multitude of ways we could affect or alter the timeline during our adventure.
    3) There's been a lot of fan demand/interest for a Warcraft IV, and in a way, this could deliver. Maybe not exactly Warcrat IV, but think of it more as 'Warcraft Zero', kinda like a 'before the beginning' deal.
    4) Mainly my opinion, but I think there should still be a bit of time before we have a Legion war again. They don't know how to reach us, and Wrathion implied we have some time to prepare. We still have some corners of Azeroth left to explore (Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Kezan, Ny'Alotha, etc) and threats that still need to be vanquished (Queen Azshara, N'Zoth, King Rastakhan, Zul, etc). Save the Legion stuff for later, and I'm positive it'd be well worth the wait.
    5) The 20th anniversary of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (aka: Warcraft I) is coming up next year and releasing a brand new Warcraft RTS that explores some of the pre-history of the game's lore would be an awesome way to celebrate!

I'm certainly open for a Legion-based expansion (possible playable Ogres? hell yeah!), but I feel the time just isn't quite right. Warlords of Draenor, I think, would be far more interesting as a new entry into the Warcraft RTS series. It's been a while since Warcraft III. A new one would be great, especially with so much pre-history to Draenor that has yet to be expanded upon in the games. I know it's been in books, but this'd be a great chance to live it and celebrate the game that started it all!

10+ Year Old Account
    The progression from Heroes of Azeroth to Warlords of Draenor presents a great case in favor of this being a Hearthstone booster.

I still believe we'll see a completely different expansion name than anything mentioned in this thread.

Yeah, I agree the name isn't very wowesque.
    That said, it sounds very interesting nonetheless.

I just hope it isn't about time traveling. I have nothing against time travels but an expansion based on it isn't my cuppa.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Yeah, I agree the name isn't very wowesque.
    That said, it sounds very interesting nonetheless.

I just hope it isn't about time traveling. I have nothing against time travels but an expansion based on it isn't my cuppa.
    I agree. If it is, which I'm doubting, a wow expansion it would almost have to be going back in time. Draenor was destroyed and the shattered world Outland remained.

Unless they do something with Thrall and send him to Outland (again) and he uses his green Jesus power to restore the planet.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    No Wrath came out 3 or 4 days before Blizzcon, but alot of people had hints it would be Lich King because of a old Expansion timeline leak that was right until Mists & Blizzzard confirmed they changed there mind before development started.
    hmm you're right
    I was only thinking as far back as Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    hmm you're right
    I was only thinking as far back as Cataclysm
    Remember that year though Blizzcon was in August just Cataclysm was for its release.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I don't personally want to speculate anything so I'll settle for waiting for blizzcon and the news form there. :-)

Deleted
    Interesting thread.

To me, 'Warlords of Draenor' sounds too much of a mouthful if I am honest. All the expansion sound nice, but say Warlords of Draenor over and over to yourself and it's just not nice on the ear. Now you might think that is a ridiculous thing to say, but imagine how many times the names of an expansion are said over the years. Also, maybe the real title will be a mix of The Dark Below and Warlords of Draenor: The Dark Warlords or Below Draenor.

Other point I'd like to make is about people reacting to the tablet and mobile devices in general being a detractor from the possibility of this being the Wow expansion. It's 2013 and we're talking about the biggest game there is from a huge label. They may very well be pushing for perhaps not the whole game on mobile devices, but certainly more integration when compared to what we have now, the armory and such.

Historically, if Boub (who is clearly dans le lit en traine de coucher avec il Blizzardo in some way or another) puts up that it is the title on front page, then it is. He did not do that with TDB. So it's probably that simple, it is the title. 5 days to go, exciting times!

Even if they announce a Warcraft IV, they won't release it for the 20th Anniversary. Releasing two RTS games the same year from the same company isn't really smart. Legeacy of the Void will probably be released next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Even if they announce a Warcraft IV, they won't release it for the 20th Anniversary. Releasing two RTS games the same year from the same company isn't really smart. Legeacy of the Void will probably be released next year.
    Theres a good chance "Legacy of the Void" could come out summer 2014. I don't know how it could be bad most people who love Warcraft would just get it, the Starcraft crowd is there own crowd.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 01:40 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    What is the status on the whole Dark Below trademark right now anyway? Is it possible for someone else to trademark it or is it reserved for whoever wanted to trademark it weeks ago? Like, if it actually was Blizzard, can they just wait til after Blizzcon and then complete the process?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the status on the whole Dark Below trademark right now anyway? Is it possible for someone else to trademark it or is it reserved for whoever wanted to trademark it weeks ago? Like, if it actually was Blizzard, can they just wait til after Blizzcon and then complete the process?
    It has been missing since its disappeared months ago, but I can send you a picture of the trademark I found. Theres a chance it could be hidden in Swaizland like Hearthstone was, but no one really knows.

The whole thing that anyone can trademark under Blizzard's name is prbly the hoax part, but if Blizzard really wanted the name they could just hide it & trademark it in Swaizland, yes they could transfer it over to US & EU trademark center after they revealed it.

Its exactly like Hearthstone's situation.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It never passed review and is not an active trademark. TDB has been confirmed to be a hoax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It never passed review and is not an active trademark. TDB has been confirmed to be a hoax.
    I'm aware of that, I'm just wondering if the name is now reserved, or if anyone can just file a trademark on that.

Deleted
    As ive said many times, I think its Warcraft 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware of that, I'm just wondering if the name is now reserved, or if anyone can just file a trademark on that.
    " If " its reserved in Swaizland than its belongs to Blizzard & only they can own it.

As it would be the same situation with Hearthstone where they move it over after the reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure the trademark office just added handhelds, tablets, and mobile device to the boiler plate for the software category. Or perhaps the expansion is going to bring pvp pet battles to mobile devices so people can do something when not near their PC or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im sure the trademark office just added handhelds, tablets, and mobile device to the boiler plate for the software category. Or perhaps the expansion is going to bring pvp pet battles to mobile devices so people can do something when not near their PC or something.
    Pet battles I have thought of. But wouldn't that then have it's own trademark?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    That is a possibility, but I guess we will have to wait until Blizzcon to find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Pet battles I have thought of. But wouldn't that then have it's own trademark?
    Doubtful, they are still apart of WoW, so they would have to be added to World of Warcraft's Trademark I believe not the Expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alice in Outland lol