Deleted

[Mage] Spec for fast leveling

Which spec is best for fast leveling?

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as frost, no idea if its the fastest but it was very quick for me, never any mana issues or anything (which I'm not sure about when it comes to fire or arcane, but I'm no mage expert).

Frost is the best, Fire doesn't work since you need high Crit and Arcane is just immobile.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    once you get the glyph so that arcane blast applies slow arcane might be a better choice i did my first mage as frost(wrath) second as arcane(cata) and arcane was so fast 2 shotting mobs+ the slow lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    I lvled my old mage as fire, not from lv1 tho, but from lv70 and daamn it was sloow. But then again, I don't know if other specs are that much faster, havn't tried. I guess mage is overall kind of slow, atleast compared to DK and hunter I have leveled. If I had to lvl again, I'd try frost probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level as Frost. It's fast than the other two specs. It will also give you a lot of time to learn how to play it because at level 90 it's very capable in raids until you get enough gear for the others.

Frost is quite fun and offers some nice cc/shatter critting etc.
    Arc is also quite fun - u will hurt plenty in instances, and 1-2 shot mobs while questing
    Later on, you can go fire if u like, but the amount of crit needed for fire to be really cool, just makes it quite dull for leveling, sadly. Anyways, toy around and see what u like - each spec has it's fun and advantages, just as disadvanteges etc. Happy leveling
    If I was to lvl my 4 (or is it 5th mage lol) I would be frost ms, with arc in dualspec - fun and max pew, without a great need for secondary stats

Frost also has the advantage of a pet as well as static procs. Arcane is fine but you basically never build charges outside of a dungeon so unless you do mostly dungeons just stick with frost.

Deleted
    Frost it is then and acr for dungeons while I quest level