Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    all this time travel crap has me laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Black temple would make a terrible city...

Why is everyone assuming we're going back to a "remade" outland? People jumped on the "time travel!" train and aren't thinking anything else.
    No one said anything about a remade outland, you do know there is more of outland that we haven't been to yet right? All I was saying is if the main focus is on outland would shattrath go back to being the main city again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please god don't let it be a shared faction city like shat and dalaran.
    I honestly don't care as long as the city has all the necessities and is somewhat central, so it's quick and easy straight forward to get elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I honestly don't care as long as the city has all the necessities and is somewhat central, so it's quick and easy straight forward to get elsewhere.
    It could make some sense since there is a sort of truce between vol'jin and varynn

I could see Black Temple being restored to being a main city, like how it used to be Korabor, but then what about Shattrath? What would happen to that city lorewise?
    Either way, I'm not too keen on the idea of time travel, so I'm leaving that out because the Caverns of Time are on Azeroth, not Dreanor, so I don't want to see such a change in lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt we'll be spending any time in the part of Outland we already know, if that's where the expansion is based at.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, Legion or Bronzes, it'll be a brand new city Blizz pulls out their ass.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Why is the vast majority insisting that is HAS to be time travel and assuming it can't be on other portions of Outland drifting in the Nether we haven't been to yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Why is the vast majority insisting that is HAS to be time travel and assuming it can't be on other portions of Outland drifting in the Nether we haven't been to yet?
    Because we have 1 leak that got the name right saying it is a time travel expansion with Grom Hellscream as the villain.

This also claims he'll be renamed Grommash (his real name) due to Legal issues (that don't exist).

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Weren't places like Auchindoun around back then?
    depends how long back i remember in the lore when ner'zul went to the black temple to open portals to new worlds he traveled through Auchindoun and it was still a dreani graveyard, so it probably was some kind of city b4 the orcs got corrupted and started killing dreani

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This also claims he'll be renamed Grommash (his real name) due to Legal issues (that don't exist).
    Are you sure about that?

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/gr...pkw_grom_pmt_p

"Grom" seems to be a trademark of Honda.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I doubt it. What I hate most with this possible BL expac is all the threads well get with people adding an S to Outland. Also the assumption that the title means well go to Outland or Draenor or that its even about the BL.
    More than all the threads containing the word "we'll" without an apostrophe?

Deleted
    Aye, it will be a sanctuary for both factions like we had Dalaran and Shattrath City. It will be located somewhere in Ny'alotha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Aye, it will be a sanctuary for both factions like we had Dalaran and Shattrath City. It will be located somewhere in Ny'alotha.
    Ny'alotha is a city on its own, is it not? A very evil and forgotten city. I doubt it would be a neutral hub, although I could see each side taking control of a small section ala the Shrines. I'd prefer not, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Ny'alotha is a city on its own, is it not? A very evil and forgotten city. I doubt it would be a neutral hub, although I could see each side taking control of a small section ala the Shrines. I'd prefer not, though.
    Well a part of it could be a neutral hub, would love that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Are you sure about that?

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/gr...pkw_grom_pmt_p

"Grom" seems to be a trademark of Honda.
    A bike has no legal precedence over a fictional character.

It's why you can still have characters named "McDonald" despite McDonalds.

The only potential reason why you'd need to change the name is if we're not talking about Grom Hellscream, but talking about the race Grom.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I don't mind neutral cities as long as they don't have a notably stronger connection to one faction over the other. Shattrath was the former capital city of the Draenei, and (prior to 2.3 at least) had far more Draenei present then Blood Elves. Dalaran was basically an Alliance city made neutral specifically for the events of WotLK.

Rather ironically Pandaria would of been an excellent place to have a truly neutral city, but with the Horde/Alliance conflict so heated Blizzard opted to have separate cities.

Going forward into expansion 5 my opinion on the matter is that if there is a good opportunity to have a city without strong connections to either factions, then we can have a neutral city. Otherwise, have two separate cities.

Assuming that my theory on the next expansion taking place on a new fragment of Draenor is correct, then we would want to avoid things like old Orcish strongholds or Draenei cities for a neutral city. An Arakkoa City could be viable (assuming the race doesn't become playable, or is available to both factions), or perhaps a race completely unique to this new region of Draenor.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Draenei cities/strongholds are:

Shattrath City (capital)
    Auchindoun (necropolis - formerly orcish?)
    Temple of Karabor (Black Temple)
    Farahlon
    Sha'naar
    Telmor
    Telredor

Could be any of those, or a new unheard of city.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-11-04 at 02:26 AM.

Black Temple for Horde, Tempest Keep for Alliance /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A bike has no legal precedence over a fictional character.

It's why you can still have characters named "McDonald" despite McDonalds.

The only potential reason why you'd need to change the name is if we're not talking about Grom Hellscream, but talking about the race Grom.
    Agreed. Trademarks are industry specific. That's why we can have situations like Monster Cables, Monster Energy Drinks, and the movie Monsters Inc. all trademarked by different companies and with no licensing agreements between them. Trademarks are meant to avoid confusion between different products, and a motorcycle and a fictional character are pretty difficult to confuse.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.