Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I can imagin how god awful the que times would be but aside from the endless trash that would make it take forever the bosses were fairly easy as it was so it would of been a cake walk for most all fights imo.

Kael'thas would be an absolute nightmare. Getting people to loot weapons, equip them, and then use them, all while still in combat.. Yeah, I can see that going well haha

And with how many people like to just stand in stuff, and not move, just tunnel boss... I can just imagine Teron Gorefiend. So many constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does it? Well, apparently raids still wipe...I have yet to see a LFR where you could just stand in Durumus fog and survive while poking your nose. In that way, as mentioned above, a mechanic like defile (forgot about that) would be hard to handle.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. Did 8 years of heroic raiding increase the pool of raiders? Do we suddenly see ..say...1000 guilds killing Garrosh HM? Nope..after some 2 months...it is under 50. The way I see it there is the same fraction of elite players as have always been. People just like to be on their high horses because they can kill sth in normal. But if you look at the amount of guilds doing proper stuff in hardmodes..well...then why did the 7 years pre-LFR breed?

I mean..other than arrogance on forums?
    lol you probably picked the most deadliest boss in LFR history...well played /sar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Christ anything pre wrath would have been a living hell in LFR. Too many wipe mechanics. Infact even ICC would have been hell, our magic... would betray us. Oh god would it betray us...
    Not really, they would have tuned down the damage to the point where it's nothing. Only bosses with non retard proof mechanics would have trouble in LFR (Garrosh MCs, Cho'gall corruption level, Atramedes gongs(greifers would spam them at the start of fight resulting in a wipe later on) yogg's MCs,, Onyxia(people could jump all over eggs and cause shitload of adds) just to name a few) but most of the bosses out there can just have it's damage tuned way down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Anything where the wrong person getting a debuff could wipe the raid. So, Baron Gheddon, Gorefiend, Shade of Aran

Probably the worst would be Mimiron. Someone would always push the button.
    They would've probably removed the button anyways. But speaking of Nef on a previous post dear god at phase transition from 1 to 2 >.<

A lot of those Vanilla raids would be nigh impossible. Imagine trying to coordinate Razorgore.. or doing the most impossibly tuned C'thun with 40 unorganized people. And it better have a fire resist requirement otherwise there would be no hope of doing Molten Core LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Christ anything pre wrath would have been a living hell in LFR. Too many wipe mechanics. Infact even ICC would have been hell, our magic... would betray us. Oh god would it betray us...
    You guys are not thinking straight.
    This is LFR.
    All mechanics that can wipe you would have been removed, all Avoidable damage will not need to be avoided as it will take you to only 90% hp, and the boss will have low enough HP than half your raid can be afk and you will still kill the boss before it phase's or summons adds or whatever it will do.

Your all trying to compare Normal or Heroic mode bosses as if they are heroic or normal mode.

Imagine Lich King LFR
    Defiles will not increase in size if you stand in them.
    If you fall off the edge or a valkyr takes you off the edge, you will get a special action button to jump back onto the platform.
    There is no P1 Debuff.
    The adds have 90% reduced HP from normal mode.
    LK has 75% reduced HP from normal mode.

all the bosses will be easy on lfr because makes them easy. I mean siegecrafter blackfuse, paragons and garrosh are very damn hard on heroic, but switch it to lfr and if 10/25 of the raid are AFK, the bosses will still die and it wont even be hard.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    A lot of those Vanilla raids would be nigh impossible. Imagine trying to coordinate Razorgore.. or doing the most impossibly tuned C'thun with 40 unorganized people. And it better have a fire resist requirement otherwise there would be no hope of doing Molten Core LFR.
    He was bugged and Blizzard admitted it was unintentional. He was killed hours after his bugfix.

Get it? Bug fix, because the raid is full of bugs?

Ok in all serious, Majority of Molten Core bosses had next to no mechanics. It was all damage and healing.

If classes were the way they were now..

So many deaths from Garr's adds
    So many people killing the dogs on Golmag
    so many geddon's "you are the bomb" wipes
    So many "Core hound begins to smoulder.."
    So many AFK DPSers Dps ing Major Domo and not Priests.

Thats just MC..

Imagine nef..
    hunters with no weapons
    Priests healing the tank to death..cause hell if you can't get people to stop DPSing Nazgrim in defensive stance..oh dear...
    Druids staying in cat form
    Mage call...you can't get people to rez if one or two people die you expect them to dispel?

Chromag..oh damn..
    That is if people can work together enough to MC Razorgore correctly or not wipe the healers or kill the tank cause the DPS meter tunnel vision fapping when they got BA.

It's not really hard to figure out a lot of the current boss gimmicks are nothing more than updated versions or same shit different day versions of old gimmicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    We would of never had fun heroics if this was the case, because they would of been dumbed down to LFR level before they were even invented

*BC heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Ok in all serious, Majority of Molten Core bosses had next to no mechanics. It was all damage and healing.
    True but it would never go anywhere without fire resist gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    True but it would never go anywhere without fire resist gear.
    Ugh nightmares haunt me once again: Fire Resist gear*><

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you forgot LFR removes all tactics? four horsemen back then is basically the heroic mode of today, so they would do like 1/10th of the raid damage, and 1 tank could probably easily tank 2 horsemen.

and if no-one was in range of a horsemen, NP it's lfr they would sit there and do nothing at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE-8l3UXtYI

Yeah man, looks pretty tough to me, all that standing around or running in a big circle. I'd probably fall asleep.
    Last edited by Raintola; 2013-11-05 at 01:28 AM.

If LFR was released alongside Vanilla WoW, then LFR would be loved and it would be popular.

Ulduar, the fire gnome boss (can't remember the name). Out of the 25 players in the LFR group, someone will without a shadow of a doubt go click the big red button every single time.

I think wow would be dead today if LFR was introduced in vanilla, assuming the course of the game and content stayed the same up to this point. The SUPER toxic behavior would have started way sooner than Cata in that case. 8 years of that probably wouldn't go over well. (I know toxic behavior is everywhere and has always existed, but LFR made it worse)

LFR Archimonde would be hilarious! "Nerf fall damage!".

<-- positive negative --> or <-- negative positive -->

the wipes would be endless.

The fights would get modified for such groups. Even today mechanics get removed or gutted in relevance for LFR. The likes of Naxx 2.0 and ToC which was claimed to be very casual friendly by some casuals would have stopped many players in an LFR setting from griefers.

All in all I would have likely quit after BC due to friends made from years of raiding getting me to pick up WotLK, Cata, and then MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

There was so much complaints from players in Cata about one person screwing over a group and yet Naxx 2.0 was called very casual friendly. The issue isnt casuals as a whole, it is self centered dbags.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-05 at 02:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

loll so true