Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Most certainly impressive, Blizzard just might be able to turn it around at this point.

Wow, a lot less than I anticipated. That's great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    I'm guessing the next closest MMO has < 2 million subscribers? Still doing very well then.
    I think the closest MMO is FF14 with 600k & EvE has 500k, some corrected me in another thread for FF14.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-06 at 09:56 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Lower than I expected. Well done, Blizzard.

Think it's just because of the loss rate bottoming out, or because of changes to the game?
    SoO plays a big part. I was even considering checking it out but I resigned becouse I dont have time to play more than 1 MMO at the same time (playing smth else atm). Still, I am sure many people did resub for SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats pretty damn impressive the way the subs have been dropping as of late. Blizzcon of course right here so lets see some bold moves from Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Not very surprising being the end of an expansion and all. People would rather close their subs and wait till the next expansion, thats all.

75% of these are probably accounts they banned.

Probably lose more soon between expansions and because LFR is broken...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Haters,

This game is almost 10 years old, and has a good 20 years left. Time to give it up unless you really want to jump up and down in 2034 when it does finally die.

30 years is a long time to hate dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than expected really. People come back for final expansion raids apparently.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ph0tek View Post
    75% of these are probably accounts they banned.
    No. Sub loss/gain is a balance between unsubcribers and resubscribers/new players. So for random example they could loose 900.000 accounts but gain 800.000.

Still close to 1.4 Billion just on subs alone a year. I do not have a sub to the game, i just buy game cards so we have to include that revenue, and lets add the money they make for in game pets/mounts/transfers/faction changes. They're still rolling in the money, and yes the next expansion will bring quite a few people back, but hopefully blizzard makes that more appealing to keep people interested for more than a few months. Like mop i expect them to create another 12 month deal where you get d3's expansion or the next wow expansion for free, i'm sure they'll drop that on us this weekend.

Deleted
    would i be wrong when i said that lfr separate wing releases worked out great to keep most gamers in game + timeless isle being kinda fun :>?

100K subscriptions lost? Sounds like the entire subscription base of SW:TOR, lol. At least the website is running this story BEFORE Blizzcon, so it's not misinterpreted by haters as "Ooooh, the expansion sounded so bad it made thousands quit."

10+ Year Old Account
    Brace yourselves "wow is going to die" topics are coming!

I thought it would be worse. Looks like the population is starting to stabilize.

I think the slowing of losses has to do with a combo of Timeless Isles being very alt friendly, Flex giving casual players who are tired of LFR something to do, and the hope that connected realms will revitalize dying servers.
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

I quit wow 4 month ago still following mmo-champion/wow.If new models or something excited will happen next expansion ill consider to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by bearnakked View Post
    Still close to 1.4 Billion just on subs alone a year. I do not have a sub to the game, i just buy game cards so we have to include that revenue, and lets add the money they make for in game pets/mounts/transfers/faction changes. They're still rolling in the money, and yes the next expansion will bring quite a few people back, but hopefully blizzard makes that more appealing to keep people interested for more than a few months. Like mop i expect them to create another 12 month deal where you get d3's expansion or the next wow expansion for free, i'm sure they'll drop that on us this weekend.
    Pretty sure game card users are still counted as subscribers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Regardless of what people claim to say, of course they still cling around to see what is still going on in the game. Dawon is right, a lot of us had memories playing WoW. We want to see how it evolves and change, some like it some dont. I just dont like the big gap and lack of updates between the last patch and the expansion. If theyll target for another Oct-Dec release next year, /smh