Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Overture exploiting heroic garrosh?

So I was watching this stream of the Overture guild progress on heroic Garrosh tonight because my guild is going to be working on him soon.

Well they are having the people with the Malice debuff in phase 4 use the Ra'sha's Sacrificial Dagger to kill themselves, it essentially completely removing the Malice mechanic in phase 4? Making the raid not have to deal with malice and the phase becomes a tank and spank phase?

What do you guys think, is this an exploit?

This is a link to the stream I was watching
    w ww. twit ch. tv/ chicken hawked / b/ 477387405

thoughts?

Tons of guilds have used this trick to get kills, and Blizzard hasn't acted it on it. So it's probably not considered an exploit by them.

I would also like to point out that Overture is a rename of the old TM guild that exploited heroic Spiritbinder and got banned by blizzard...

they just changed their guild name

So maybe they don't mind exploiting bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanilith View Post
    Tons of guilds have used this trick to get kills, and Blizzard hasn't acted it on it. So it's probably not considered an exploit by them.
    I've been watching a ton of videos and streams and have never seen a guild use a Dagger in phase 4, it completely makes phase 4 tank and spank and you don't have to deal with the mechanics? Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Not an exploit.
    how would this not be an exploit?

I hope this doesn't give them a leg up in the race for world first.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmseans View Post
    So I was watching this stream of the Overture guild progress on heroic Garrosh tonight because my guild is going to be working on him soon.

Well they are having the people with the Malice debuff in phase 4 use the Ra'sha's Sacrificial Dagger to kill themselves, it essentially completely removing the Malice mechanic in phase 4? Making the raid not have to deal with malice and the phase becomes a tank and spank phase?

What do you guys think, is this an exploit?

This is a link to the stream I was watching
    w ww. twit ch. tv/ chicken hawked / b/ 477387405

thoughts?
    Use of game mechanics =/= exploit. Exploit would be 25 people in a 10 man difficulty due to a bug. Using an item in game is not the same.

If I had to guess, I would say that Blizzard does not view this as an exploit as you are losing the members regardless. I could void shift someone to low hp and then have them stand in a desecrate and die for the same effect. They're not really making the fight any easier by losing a portion of their raid, just avoiding a mechanic, similar to how you can theoretically never go down for Norushen and burn him to death (albeit, the fight was changed within a day or two of the initial "100%-0% no portal" strategy, but I imagine with full HWF gear, you could easily burn him from 100%-0% without sending anyone down, post-change).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Use of game mechanics =/= exploit. Exploit would be 25 people in a 10 man difficulty due to a bug. Using an item in game is not the same.
    You could use saronite (or cobalt?) bombs on Lich King to exploit the Valkyries if I recall correctly, and that's an in-game item.

10+ Year Old Account
    TMSean are you the streamer from twitch the name seems familiar, and the guy in this video spazzing out

I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by tmil93 View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say that Blizzard does not view this as an exploit as you are losing the members regardless.
    You lose 1 member and not have to deal with the entire mechanic which is the only hart part of phase 4?

Am I the only person who thinks this is an exploit completely removing a mechanic for the raid to deal with with an item?

Quote Originally Posted by Zosyn View Post
    This video is amazing.
    yes yes it is, people need to learn to calm down and fuck off, because they are just to fucking stressed...and heart attacks... and FOOD..haha

Although not intended, there are many guilds that have used this method: Exorsus, Duality, Nightmare Asylum, A lot of the european guilds.

I'm sure this will get fixed once Blizzard realizes a lot of guilds are using the exploit, same with LoS / Ranging Fiery Edge, and boping Bloodletting on Paragons.

/endthread

Quote Originally Posted by Zosyn View Post
    This video is amazing.
    Lol Velosi, the epitome of shit.
    Vyroxx @ Mal'Ganis

Of course because of the guilds past history with exploiting, I bet every <snip> is going to go and report this to blizzard and it will get fixed - whereas they won't fix current issues with the fight eg. iron star kiter getting malice eg. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Vo1QnfXU#t=895
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-11-07 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    It's a bit lame, but you do lose the combat resses.

Quote Originally Posted by Henesys View Post
    Although not intended, there are many guilds that have used this method: Exorsus, Duality, Nightmare Asylum, A lot of the european guilds.

I'm sure this will get fixed once Blizzard realizes a lot of guilds are using the exploit, same with LoS / Ranging Fiery Edge, and boping Bloodletting on Paragons.

/endthread
    trolled by his own guild.

classic

Holy cow plz ban these guys @gregstreet @bashiok #notintended #exploit #doorstrat

Infracted; Post constructively.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-11-07 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmil93 View Post
    You could use saronite (or cobalt?) bombs on Lich King to exploit the Valkyries if I recall correctly, and that's an in-game item.

Big difference the bombs fucked with the destructible edge causing it to stay extended during the non-transition phases which was completely a glitch (and had the added effect that when the Valk's dropped you off the 'edge' you were in fact still over ground). While this is cheesy no doubt about it it's certainly not breaking the encounter.

If we are going with ICC references this is more akin to using divine sacrifice on the marked targets for heroic Suarfang in order to negate the mechanics of that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Of course because of the guilds past history with exploiting, I bet every <snip> is going to go and report this to blizzard and it will get fixed.
    Are you somehow implying exploits should be used and never fixed? While i personally feel this doesn't count as exploit as you are using an ingame item for it's intended effect (that's what makes the difference between this and H: LK) you sound like you don't want exploits to be fixed?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-11-07 at 04:56 PM.

One of the intended effects of saronite bombs was causing siege damage, which affected buildings/objects. So because it dealt siege damage to something that was flagged to take siege damage, it's an exploit?