Deleted

Question Playing on several computers. How do you keep your UI in sync ?

Hello,

I'm playing on two computers, one desktop, full HD, and one laptop at a lower res (1440x900 or something like that).

How do you keep your addons and config (like weakaura) in sync between your computers ?

Some few configs, like chat windows location, are saved in the battle.net account, as whenever i switch from one PC to the other, windows are not placed correctly due to the resolution change.

Do you have a solution to manage that ?

For configs that are locally stored, are you doing the sync manually, or is there some addon / soft that can do the sync automatically ?

You can use http://allwaysync.com/ to sync any folders of your own choosing (it's free, however if you use it often you will get a message asking you to upgrade, which you can dismiss). You can also try out the 'Sync' function of the Curse Client (you can find it right above the addon list) - personally never tried this one, so can't say anything about it.

I use Dropbox to sync my important files and preferences between my desktop and laptop, including my wow files. For wow, I sync my Interface and WTF folders to dropbox and then use symbolic links from my wow directory to the files on drop box, it works like a champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloaf View Post
    I use Dropbox to sync my important files and preferences between my desktop and laptop, including my wow files. For wow, I sync my Interface and WTF folders to dropbox and then use symbolic links from my wow directory to the files on drop box, it works like a champ.
    How do you do this? I'd like to get it set up on my desktop/laptop system. I've already got dropbox and have been copying/pasting to keep the two in sync, but what you have sounds much better.

Edit: I've found a guide on how to do this. I'll have to wait until I get home to see if it works, but so far so good. http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/using-...h-dropbox.html
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2013-11-07 at 11:01 PM.