Looking to replace Laptop with Desktop

Hello,

I have had the same Laptop for the last 3 years and It used to be able to handle the game on good settings, but now It has trouble with Poor.

What I am looking for is a nice all around Desktop, I have never had one so I want it to be something that will last at least 3 years.

Budget- $1000.00
    Resolution- 1680X945
    Games / Settings Desired- Will play mostly MMO's Wow is the main, dabble in TSW and a few others I want to be able to play all games on Ultra/ Highest settings
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)- The only other software I use is EFILive a tuning software for cars.
    Country- USA
    Parts that can be reused- I have nothing
    Do you need an OS?- I would want Windows 7 OS
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?- I would need Monitor 19"+ I would like a wide screen, I have a Mouse, would need A Keyboard

Think that is about it, I guess I would have to assemble this myself? I am not on the up and up with all this I kinda just play games and use software. SO the hardware is kinda a mystery to me, I do work on cars and with wiring and computers on Cars on a daily basis so this shouldnt be that tough for me to figure out quickly.

Basically I want to be able to play WOW at Ultra settings and have more then 40-50 fps at all times not the 2 that I am at in 25-40 man raids ATM. I have nothing really for a Desktop so would need all parts.

15+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($77.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $970.46

Including (besides the tower itself):
    - Windows 7 home premium (you could also get Windows 8 instead for about the same price)
    - Keyboard (if you want to save a few bucks, get a plain standard model for $10-20)
    - Monitor (23" IPS)

With that monitor you will be playing in 1920x1080, but the cpu + graphics card should handle that fine.

With the peripherals and windows included in the budget, sadly there was no room for a 4670k + Heatsink + Z87 motherboard.
    Last edited by Biernot; 2013-11-07 at 05:48 PM.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

What about without the Peripherals. I can get them later as some family members are looking for stuff to get me for xmas. I want this thing to for sure handle the best possible Resolution and Settings WOW has to offer. Can It be made to work better with the last 3 parts listed? I don't need a special keyboard, but would like the keys to be flatish and not raised up so its like my laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does this have the liquid cooling system in it? Is that a thing that is needed?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I need to have at least 4 USB ports, and is there a red/ Black case available?

Deleted
    Well, it's a fair trek to the nearest Microcenter, otherwise there's a much-improved build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Wintec One 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card ($197.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Rosewill REDBONE U3 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.99 @ Adorama)
    Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1061.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-07 15:02 EST-0500)

You lose the keyboard, and I'd still recommend Windows 8 or 8.1 over 7 at the moment, but it sounds like 7's more important for vocational reasons. In addition there are a number of guides on how to build (it's like a funky LEGO set), but you won't be guaranteed 40-50 at all times, unfortunately, because the WoW architecture isn't well-optimised for modern computers.

I need 7 for my tuning software to work properly, and I dont much like how 8 is basically a tablet. But at any rate This build will let me play on Ultra and not lag out when there are more than 15 people in my group? All I really care about is playing on best settings and not lagging out, hell if FPS stays over 20 and never drops to 3 like it does now Ill be happy.

BTW that case is tits.

Deleted
    If you can get the build I linked with Win7 SP1 and the case Biernot linked, it'll come out to the same price, give or take a buck, and your minimum FPS shouild be eminently playable for WoW and some modern games.

OK so I went and looked at a few things and came up with this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20Hhq

Hope that link worked. The one thing i totally spaced on is that I live in the country and only have Wireless internet in my house, so I would need a Wireless card built in as well. Can someone please recommend a card. I want it to be the best card I can get for my money.

I can get the Monitor for Christmas, so basically there is more room there for the main build so basically $1000.00 ish give or take $100.00 for the best thing I can get with a Red/ black case, handle WOW on ultra settings and play on the monitor you recommended.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2013-11-11 at 04:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    OK so I went and looked at a few things and came up with this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20Hhq

Hope that link worked. The one thing i totally spaced on is that I live in the country and only have Wireless internet in my house, so I would need a Wireless card built in as well. Can someone please recommend a card. I want it to be the best card I can get for my money.

I can get the Monitor for Christmas, so basically there is more room there for the main build so basically $1000.00 ish give or take $100.00 for the best thing I can get with a Red/ black case, handle WOW on ultra settings and play on the monitor you recommended.
    That build is good, except those two things:

Case: Raidmax is awful. Cheap build quality, bad cable management, etc.. For that price, i would strongly suggest either NZXT Source 210 Elite or Fractal Design Core 3000 (my favorite)

PSU: While the Corsair CX series is not bad, there is better for a similar price: XFX Core Edition 550W

As for wireless:
    Do you mean you have a WLAN router that you need to connect to or do you mean you get wireless internet (3G, 4G, LTE, ...)?
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

I really don't know crap about Computers I just use them, except automotive computers now those I can manipulate no problem. anyway back OT, I only picked that case because it looks cool I want a red case if possible.

And I have Wireless internet that is transmitted to my home from signals that are bounced off the various Grain elevators in my area and I grab the signal from them and it is turned to a wireless signal. When this internet id down I use my phone for 4G so I need to have a wireless card in the computer.

Deleted
    Okay then, try this case if you want the red theme, this WLAN adapter and the PSU that Biernot recommended. That'll take your build up to ~$1015 including shipping.

OK so does this look right then?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20P2H

Deleted
    That should be fine. It's not going to be an awesome gaming rig, but it'll perform just right.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    That should be fine. It's not going to be an awesome gaming rig, but it'll perform just right.
    What would make it an awesome gaming rig I can push the budget. I want this thing to be great gaming PC.

Deleted
    What would make it an awesome gaming rig I can push the budget. I want this thing to be great gaming PC.
    Pumping up the GPU to an r9-280x or a GTX770 would be a start, but that adds a minimum of $100 to the build.

200-300 bucks is no big deal, I don't want to spend money and have an OK machine. I just saw all these 800-1000 computers that people say are excellent so that is where I put my budget.

So this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/21bYs

I couldn't find the GTX770 I want whichever one is better.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2013-11-12 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    They're around the same point - GTX770 is looking hotter for streaming (due to the built-in h.264 codec chip and Shadowplay) whilst the 280x has Mantle coming soon. So pick a decent coolant system, such as the DCIITOP from ASUS or the Sapphire TOXIC or the MSI Gaming range coolers, budget-permitting.

Do you mean CPU cooler? Im a little lost can you please recommend or link which one is best.

Deleted
    Do you mean CPU cooler? Im a little lost can you please recommend or link which one is best.
    Those are GPU cooling systems I linked.