Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I loved during Tsulong this expansion when I learned you could use it to completely reset your stacks. Means I could sit there and scorchweave for even longer
    I think that's what the developers wanted it to be used for and are trying to get it used for in WoD. Classes theoretically (I know its not perfect but its what blizzard tries to do at least) get balanced around their CDs anyway and so I personally would rather see it be made strictly into a defensive/able to cheese the occasional mechanic button than as a clunky offensive CD. Not so sure about losing any ability to multi dot as that could cause problems with mages keeping pace on any style of council fight (not being able to snap shot should help lower the power of dot classes multi-dot though so we will just have to wait until Beta to see what this actually works out to in practice)

Mage table and WOD

Has bliz said anything about redoing Mage table for WOD? If not, how can we ask in one of those developer blue tweets?

Come on the Mage table really has no use today. I'm thinking it should give out mana cookies like the warlock health stone. Not game breaking but if mana management become important it could be very useful.

Another idea would be time cookies. They would work like mini alter time for other classes. That could be useful and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tweet them or post on the battle.net forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm going to miss AT for DPS but I guess I am a minority
    I personally don't understand the AT hate, if I'm honest.

Whilst there could be tweaks here and there to make the QoL of AT a bit more "appealing", outside of RNG it only punishes bad/subpar play, and encourages and rewards good play.

If you're complaining because you died when AT snaps you back into position and that's now in Fire, that's your fault for not cancelling AT before you moved, you knew you had AT up in the first place.

If you're complaining about AT cancelling 'lust, either you're in LFR (which is an exception to the point I'm making) or you popped AT at the wrong time, because if you didn't ask when 'lust was being popped that's still your bad, or if you're unsure when 'lust is being popped on progress, that's your bad.

Does trinket RNG annoy me somewhat with AT? Yes, but movement back towards some ICD trinkets lessened this blow a little and as a result you should/could also be keeping an eye on the ICD for that, if you're taking personal performance seriously, that is.

Those words probably sound somewhat harsh, and I'm sorry as I don't intend to come off as elitist or harsh or anything, but I really do feel that AT is one of the strongest spells in the game right now (just my opinion) and I would truly hate to see it get turned into a defensive CD just because some people want this game easier. Mage is easy enough as it is right now.

An interesting idea, though I'm not convinced.

As it stands now, the mage table is nice for healers for trash pulls, and maybe some mana extensive dps classes (if there are any) Not really needed, but it's nice to have.

Your idea to make it give a small amount of mana back during battle would make it be just like having a mana potion, and if it's like health stones and health potions, them not having a shared cooldown. This would be very valuable for healers, but perhaps too much so. Assuming it's 10% mana back, that's the same as a mana potion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love AT and will miss it. I don't think we're a minority. I think it's a few people like Masta who are just so vocal and persistent with tweets.

This is why I get defensive when people start talking about getting rid of things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I love AT and will miss it. I don't think we're a minority. I think it's a few people like Masta who are just so vocal and persistent with tweets.

This is why I get defensive when people start talking about getting rid of things.
    Has it actually been confirmed as being removed from DPS entirely? I flicked through the tweets and saw something related to it, but f**k me that's actually beyond frustrating.

Addressing specific mechanics of the spell? Most certainly. I like the utility of it but it needs to be more consistent. Its interaction with specific debuffs, both from players and encounters, is inconsistent. Obviously if I didn't have an Exhaustion debuff when I cast AT then I shouldn't have one when it ends, nor should I have a Heroism buff. At this point I'll just cast Time Warp for myself. That shit should have been addressed in the Beta. Flagging specific encounter debuffs so we can't cheese it? Terrible idea. Get rid of the DPS tie and leave the situational/utility portion. At least that will require some thought on how to manage encounter mechanics to take full advantage of AT.

@Cycobi: We don't want it easier. We want it consistent.

Sure, I come off as harsh and blunt (and as you'll notice I will kiss nobody's ass) but if you want yourselves to be heard then be persistent and vocal. Alter Time is now brought to their attention (too many months late); it's up to you guys to steer it in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh get off it Masta, even Celestalon called you out for not being remotely tactful in how you tweet at him.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...42058905542656

I tend to agree with your frustrations, but it's how you phrase them that might cause unintended results. Because now your tweet is on the home page of MMO-C, and may influence thousands of others who see it.

Oh get off it Masta, even Celestalon called you out for not being remotely tactful in how you tweet at him.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...42058905542656

I tend to agree with your frustrations, but it's how you phrase them that might cause unintended results. Because now your tweet is on the home page of MMO-C, and may influence thousands of others who see it.
    Had I meant for it to be loaded I would have made it much more obvious. A simple yes or no is all I wanted and I got my answer.
    And at the time of writing that tweet I was beyond frustrated that previous tweets regarding AT were never acknowledged.
    And because I only come out to get air once in a while I fly off the handle.
    Last edited by Mastamage; 2014-01-01 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    "Some are more multi-DoT heavy than others. Mages in WoD won't multi-DoT at all (Well, technically, Pyro's DoT could be multi-DoTed.)" - Celestation

Bombs seem to be out in WoD,
    is combustion out too ?
    ignite? :X

EDIT: Or maybe bombs limited to a single target?
    Hmm, I hope this will mean completly gone and not just restricted to 1 target. I have a bit of a preference to just keep living bomb for Fire like in Cataclysm. But other wise just remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Hmm, I hope this will mean completly gone and not just restricted to 1 target. I have a bit of a preference to just keep living bomb for Fire like in Cataclysm. But other wise just remove them.
    I believe we will still always have bombs but they'll adjust them to be less multi-dottable. Maybe have their secondary effects determine when we use them, while still be limited to 1 bomb at a time. Until a Beta we won't know anything, though. I'm just waiting for that announcement.

Deleted
    Now i'm confused in what aspect will this horrid bit be changed. The way it interacts with out dps cooldowns? or from debuff from Heroism or other newly gained bufs during it's initial activation (including positives from raid)? Or how it interacts with raid encounter debufs?

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Now i'm confused in what aspect will this horrid bit be changed. The way it interacts with out dps cooldowns? or from debuff from Heroism or other newly gained bufs during it's initial activation (including positives from raid)? Or how it interacts with raid encounter debufs?
    I wouldn't mind if it let us keep the buffs we gained during AT but didn't extend them, while extending those we had when AT was cast. With Exhaustion it applies the debuff while taking away buff (as if we manually removed it ourselves). Regarding raid encounter debuffs: we used to be able to cheese mechanics with AT, not so much this tier. I miss that aspect of the fight. That part at least eased the pain of losing trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    An interesting idea, though I'm not convinced.

As it stands now, the mage table is nice for healers for trash pulls, and maybe some mana extensive dps classes (if there are any) Not really needed, but it's nice to have.

Your idea to make it give a small amount of mana back during battle would make it be just like having a mana potion, and if it's like health stones and health potions, them not having a shared cooldown. This would be very valuable for healers, but perhaps too much so. Assuming it's 10% mana back, that's the same as a mana potion.
    Yes, indeed it could be very valuable. That what I would like. Lock cookies are very valuable and I would to see Mage bring something to raid as well. We can't let those warlock have all the utility. I remember the days of BC where raids yelled for Mage tables I would like that to return.

How about time cookies? Works like alter time but not as strong as ours (no health return). You get 2 cookies the use of one cookie snap one location and then use of second will return you to original location.

Or they increase your haste for set amount of time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace bomb tier with utility talents tier. Boom, Mages are more useful now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Careful for what you wish. You just might get it.

Careful for what you wish. You just might get it.
    Oh the outcry is we get some useful raidwide utility with a GCD as a talent tier

then what happens with our lvl 60 talents?

I love our Mage bomb. I just think a more useful Mage table would bring enough utility. Mana gems for everyone. Gems could even give rage, focus, energy for none mana users. That would be load utility.